Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: I'm excited.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I'm excited.

I can't remember being as genuinely excited by a young group of players at our club as I am by this group.

We have a better midfield group than I can remember us having with Tim English feeding the ball to them. We have a really promising full forward in Schache, a genuine key position player who can play well at either end in Naughton and a defensive back 6 who could play together for another 5 years. And we have the Bont.

I hope we grab this opportunity we have worked our way into. These chances don't come along often so let's not waste it. Go doggies, let's win the flag!!!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm excited.

Do you think our back 6 are better with JT down there ???
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I can't remember being as genuinely excited by a young group of players at our club as I am by this group.

We have a better midfield group than I can remember us having with Tim English feeding the ball to them. We have a really promising full forward in Schache, a genuine key position player who can play well at either end in Naughton and a defensive back 6 who could play together for another 5 years. And we have the Bont.

I hope we grab this opportunity we have worked our way into. These chances don't come along often so let's not waste it. Go doggies, let's win the flag!!!
    Seize the day. We’ve been relatively fortunate with injury this year. We know better than any others that these opportunities are precious, and rare.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge opportunity to see what we can do and give the rest of the competition a scare. After witnessing 2016 and what we did in that final series anything is possible. Our form line is real encouraging. We have beaten 3 of the top 4 sides this year and came close to beating the other one twice.

As TBT said it is refreshing that we have had some luck on the injury front this season.

Our forwards, mids and defenders are working very well together and we have unearthed our future ruck star in Tim English. Bailey Smith has been amazing this year. What a first season he has had very much like Aaron Naughton in 2018. Our recruiters have done a great job in recent times.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

On top of the OP's comments - we have possibly the most cap space of any club in the competition, and are by far the youngest side in the top 8. We have a real opportunity to set ourselves up for a sustained stay at the top of the ladder.

Then we get a bunch of top end talent next year with our FS/NGA picks too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While I'm hoping we can go all the way in September I'm extremely happy how the team has turned around what could have been another wasted season.
    I'm worried that GWS may want to take revenge for the embarrassment that we gave them last week and we will have our hands full.
    The players and coaches will need to be switched on a 100% to get into the next week.
    If we can get past GWS then the sky's the limit.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I'm worried that GWS may want to take revenge for the embarrassment that we gave them last week and we will have our hands full.
    The players and coaches will need to be switched on a 100% to get into the next week.
    Truer word have not been spoken. This is ours to lose. We should get the job done
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I've booked the hotel. When do the tickets go on sale?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I've booked the hotel. When do the tickets go on sale?
    Thursday

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, 9am - 1pm members. 2pm General Public. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    While I'm hoping we can go all the way in September I'm extremely happy how the team has turned around what could have been another wasted season.
    I'm worried that GWS may want to take revenge for the embarrassment that we gave them three years ago and we will have our hands full.
    Fixed that for you

14. Likes Hotdog60, merantau liked this post