Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  113
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jack Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Martin

We also missed out on Tippa who chose to stay for less coin & a crap list.

Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe Tippa feels a loyality to his mates and a club that gave him a chance ?
    There’s some real jumping at shadows on this topic

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So in the case of Martin are we just going to ignore he reportedly wants to play with Cripps because he knows them, and Jones and Petrevski Seaton as they're indigenous lads? Or are we going to continue the self-flagellation?
    Agree, these forums seem to be getting to be a bit "woe is me".
    Our Club has come along leaps and bounds in the past decade and is at the forefront of most initiatives, love us or loath us - we are no longer everyone's second or pity team.

5. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My understanding is this is direct feedback from previously missed targets (Wingard certainly). It's probably not the reason but when part of the decision making soup it's one of them.
    The club are working hard to address this, as well as other areas as far as I'm aware to make us more attractive on all fronts. I guess over the past few seasons our targets have been indigenous guys so that's put a spotlight on that particular part of our club.
    I read with interest Shaun Burgoyne to Suns is on the cards, gee, he would be the man I would chase.
    He just signed a 1 year deal with the Dawks
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently has specifically called for Carlton. GCS demanding 1st rounder. Carlton not playing along with that. Best of luck with all that.

Edit: I miss read it. Why they need to use click bait type language for no apparent reason...

So Martin wants to play for Carlton (unknown if he's officially called it), and GCS will want a first rounder if he does (but they haven't said it). Carlton will not like that idea if GCS say that (which they haven't). So all hypothetical sounds it seems.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Apparently has specifically called for Carlton. GCS demanding 1st rounder. Carlton not playing along with that. Best of luck with all that.

Edit: I miss read it. Why they need to use click bait type language for no apparent reason...

So Martin wants to play for Carlton (unknown if he's officially called it), and GCS will want a first rounder if he does (but they haven't said it). Carlton will not like that idea if GCS say that (which they haven't). So all hypothetical sounds it seems.
    I just heard on the radio that GCS have spoken with us as well as we are still showing interest in Martin. They added that Martin hasn’t necessarily told them it is exclusively Carlton.

I’m not willing to part with a first round pick for him though.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

You can't help but think the Suns are using us to, shall we say sharpen Carlton's focus in much the same way players / their agents use us to fuel competition for their services.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

For shits and giggles... :

Pick 13 was traded for their Pick 22 & 23 (Ah Chee trade) after FA compo. Plus a draft points trade next year where they get another first rounder. That's a pick 13 with Pick 15 and our 2020 1st rounder, their 1st next year and Pick 11 compo pick that could get them Brad Couch, Matt Crouch, Greenwood etc, etc.

Pick 22 for Martin (End of first round compo pick). GCS get the first rounder they demand.

GCS have 1, 2, 13, 15 & 22 - PLUS - 2020 1st, Pick 11, Dogs 1st

Dogs get 23 & Martin (from Pick 13) this year, and a draft points trade next year that delivers us more 400+ more draft points, but them another 1st rounder
    GCS turn Martin & Ah Chee into Pick 13 & Dogs 2020 1st rounder (less 2nd, 3rd & 4th next year to us)

But he's probably going to Carlton or Essendon. So anyhoo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    You can't help but think the Suns are using us to, shall we say sharpen Carlton's focus in much the same way players / their agents use us to fuel competition for their services.
    Exactly what they're doing. He's told us no already. Do we ring back up and say: 'I know you don't wanna be with me, and I get that, but are you sure you really don't wanna be with me? Your dad says maybe it's cool.'

Nah. Keep moving in a positive direction with p,ayers who want to play with us. And who want to play those things, what are they called? Finals...

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what they're doing. He's told us no already. Do we ring back up and say: 'I know you don't wanna be with me, and I get that, but are you sure you really don't wanna be with me? Your dad says maybe it's cool.'

Nah. Keep moving in a positive direction with p,ayers who want to play with us. And who want to play those things, what are they called? Finals...
    Precisely, get fair dinkum or get politely stuffed.

I have increasing faith Sam Power's getting better at staring flirty teams and flirty players down.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

List manager at GC said "I know the Dogs showed some interest, but we haven't had discussions there"
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GCS saying the various offers for Martin are still not acceptable.

Should we re-table the contract offer and some sort of deal? We wanted him badly 3 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo:

Carlton has offered a future second round for Jack Martin. No cigar, say Suns. Will get done, but again hinges on Papley and 9
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There are 4 things I think we can offer a player like Martin

A great salary...that is a bit of a no brainer
    A great culture...have a look at the quality of our leadership group and coaches etc
    The opportunity to play finals...we are now back on track and it's a more than competitive playing list
    The opportunity to help this club set-up an indigenous programme that will last for many years after he finishes playing. A true chance to progress the indigenous culture within the club.

There is a lot more for Martin to consider than just his pay packet. This is a genuine once in a lifetime opportunity to be a leader in so many area's.

Lets be honest, how does he say no?
    How's that decision of picking Carlton over us looking now Jack?

Carlton were apparently offered pick 15 and Martin for pick 9 and didn't make it happen

Sammy would have got the deal done
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How's that decision of picking Carlton over us looking now Jack?

Carlton were apparently offered pick 15 and Martin for pick 9 and didn't make it happen

Sammy would have got the deal done
    Yep, bad call. Should've picked us and given us 20 & you for 13.

If GCS stick to drafting him in the psd. Then he has to go National Draft. I wonder who takes him and where?