Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  113
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jack Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Martin

We are a proven successful club Under this management and we are on the up, Carlton still have a question mark on their heads.
    I know where I would go.
    I’m am not sure how Carlton could bring more to the table than us in anything.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We are a proven successful club Under this management and we are on the up, Carlton still have a question mark on their heads.
    I know where I would go.
    I’m am not sure how Carlton could bring more to the table than us in anything.

*Brown paper bags courtesy of Visy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And with form he's going to play every week with us. At Carlton (if they get Papley, Betts, Gray etc plus SPS etc) & Essendon (various), there's a bunch of similar types all fighting for limited spots.
    So - BT, your argument is he should come to us as he is more likely to get a game than he would be at Carlton? Even though we are playing finals and they are not?

I'm not sure I follow the logic.

At the same time, players ALWAYS think they are going to get a game. ALWAYS. And clubs never tell them that they are going to be 'backups'. NEVER. The fact that he might have to play some VFL footy wouldn't be on his radar at all...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

*Brown paper bags courtesy of Visy
    Complementary Chris Judd environmental ambassador figurine in every bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton are a big team, play blockbusters at the G, are young and are finally on the cusp of being a finals contender again. They've got a fair bit of pull still and are ahead of us as a destination club sadly.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Complementary Chris Judd environmental ambassador figurine in every bag.
    Speaking of Chris Judd I hope he is the one chatting to Martin because He suffers foot in mouth disease.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Carlton are a big team, play blockbusters at the G, are young and are finally on the cusp of being a finals contender again. They've got a fair bit of pull still and are ahead of us as a destination club sadly.
    They have been on the cusp for years they keep telling us, we aren’t on the cusp we are already there, look at our age demographic the players he will play with far out weigh the ones he will Play with at Carlton.
    We have way more upside than them IMHO
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    They have been on the cusp for years they keep telling us, we aren’t on the cusp we are already there, look at our age demographic the players he will play with far out weigh the ones he will Play with at Carlton.
    We have way more upside than them IMHO
    Who cares what they are telling us, just sitting and watching them play this season will show you they are heading the right way finally. They have a good young list coming through.

Of course us Dogs supporters think we are better placed, but they are a historically big club, play big games on the G in front of big crowds. Is it really surprising they have more player pull than us?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares what they are telling us, just sitting and watching them play this season will show you they are heading the right way finally. They have a good young list coming through.

Of course us Dogs supporters think we are better placed, but they are a historically big club, play big games on the G in front of big crowds. Is it really surprising they have more player pull than us?
    They were also so bad they sacked their coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    So - BT, your argument is he should come to us as he is more likely to get a game than he would be at Carlton? Even though we are playing finals and they are not?

I'm not sure I follow the logic.

At the same time, players ALWAYS think they are going to get a game. ALWAYS. And clubs never tell them that they are going to be 'backups'. NEVER. The fact that he might have to play some VFL footy wouldn't be on his radar at all...
    Just a thought that there's more competition for the specific roles elsewhere so maybe there's a continuity of role with us, versus getting shuffled around roles for another season in weaker 22's. I wasn't trying to compare the strengthes of the best 22, but have clearly not articulated it right. Say Keath was looking at Melbourne or us, for example, he might think he's going to be more likely to get a KPD game with us as opposed to fighting with May & Lever (McDonald maybe) at Melbourne. I'm sure Melbourne would try to squeeze him in somehow in various spots, but with us he lines up in a position he knows he can excel in as arguably our best defender (based on this year's stats). In any event, I hope we can get him in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure they are actually on the cusp though. Once Teague signed they started losing and copped a 10 goal hiding to end the season

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly true
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    They were also so bad they sacked their coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Not sure they are actually on the cusp though. Once Teague signed they started losing and copped a 10 goal hiding to end the season
    They lost once after Teague was signed and that was at Geelong, tough place to go. Before that his record was pretty decent and he has them trending in the right direction.

As much as it pain us Dogs supporters they are seen as a more desirable destination, geez even Melbourne is for some reason. Just our lot in life.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be more surprising as they haven’t done anything for over 20 years .. things change, they have no growing area to attract new fans and rely on family loyalty.
    We have a huge demographic that is growing rapidly we also have no debt and have won a flag recently with which will bring more members as the kids who saw it turn into adult members. The fact we are playing finals again will only increase it and our community involvement is huge.
    We will be a big club in the near future if we continue to do what we are doing.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

And the AFL.com Jack Martin update for today? Jack Martin to Carlton. So says the Purple Ferret with no reasoning behind the claim. Wow, surely an update worth waiting for!

I just think he goes to Carlton says he.
    I just think you're a Purple rabbit says I.

^^^^ equally relevant.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes Bulldog4life, Raw Toast liked this post