Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  113
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jack Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Martin

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    And the AFL.com Jack Martin update for today? Jack Martin to Carlton. So says the Purple Ferret with no reasoning behind the claim. Wow, surely an update worth waiting for!

I just think he goes to Carlton says he.
    I just think you're a Purple rabbit says I.

^^^^ equally relevant.
    Oh yeah he also wrote about us not making finals 3 years in a row after winning the flag... that went well.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly thought he'd go there with the news of Betts likely going to Carlton as well. I figure that would be a pretty big selling point for the Blues even though he's at the end of his run. No big deal if he goes there though, it'd be nice but it's not like we lose anything.

I'd rather go for Keath personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Carlton are a big team, play blockbusters at the G, are young and are finally on the cusp of being a finals contender again. They've got a fair bit of pull still and are ahead of us as a destination club sadly.
    But isn't the very fact they are looking at a cream on top player like Martin suggest that they are still getting ahead of themselves?

Carlton may play in Blockbusters but we can offer finals footy and the chance of a premiership. I'd know what I'd prefer to be playing in. One house and plenty of premiership medals beats owning numerous houses.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

They lost once after Teague was signed and that was at Geelong, tough place to go. Before that his record was pretty decent and he has them trending in the right direction.

As much as it pain us Dogs supporters they are seen as a more desirable destination, geez even Melbourne is for some reason. Just our lot in life.
    You're right. Unfortunately. We need some big games imo.

Interestingly the Blues finished 16th in 2017 with 6 wins and 16th in 2019 with 7. Their list is a lot more capable now though, however I'm not sold on Teague yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You're right. Unfortunately. We need some big games imo.

Interestingly the Blues finished 16th in 2017 with 6 wins and 16th in 2019 with 7. Their list is a lot more capable now though, however I'm not sold on Teague yet.
    The problem is the people at the top still believe they are a top club, until they come down to earth and realise you can’t rest on your laurels of 20 odd years ago and need to replace higher up ( which is themselves ) they will be forever chasing their tail.
    Melbourne, Essendon much the same, need big culture change.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

They lost once after Teague was signed and that was at Geelong, tough place to go. Before that his record was pretty decent and he has them trending in the right direction.

As much as it pain us Dogs supporters they are seen as a more desirable destination, geez even Melbourne is for some reason. Just our lot in life.
    Yeah i got dates mixed up for when he signed. Lost 3 of the last 4 games

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Cleary:

Jack Martin

“He was in Melbourne this week. I think the Dogs are leading the race over the Blues at the moment, especially if the Blues move happens (bringing in Betts which he expects to happen). It would be tough to see them bringing both in.”
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jury is out come on . Clubs notoriously have a honeymoon period with a coach replacing a sacked one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Jury is out come on . Clubs notoriously have a honeymoon period with a coach replacing a sacked one
    I've met Teague a few times early on and he's a really switched on guy who in our brief discussions discussed football on a different level to what I've heard. Sure, you'd get the same from any senior or assistant coach now, but remember, he went through the Phil Walsh issue, has won a B&F while playing at two clubs, and has done a lot of assistant coaching miles over time. He's ready.

There's genuinely no more training wheel issues or whatever than what came with Clarkson when he started coaching (even though Clarkson on his first night on Talking Footy decided to wear shorts and I thought he was a dickhead because of it).
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jack if you're reading ignore yesterday's game we're still gonna be good I promise
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter Ryan of the age reporting Martin wants Carlton.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Stinks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stinks
    Yep. But we still have pick 12 and lots of cash if another target emerges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not overly surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stinks
    Why?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"