Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Morris retires

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Very emotional
    A salient reminder for the boys.

It doesn't last forever, not even if you're Dale Morris. So grab your chances with both hands.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate team player.. selfless, dependable, agile... the list goes on.

What a great career it's been.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Mutz, dadsgirl16, cinder thanked for this post
    Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dale. A leader in every sense of the word. Please don't be a stranger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Irreplaceable.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

What a speech, what a gentleman of the game, what a player, and what a bulldog legend.
    Thank you Dale For all those years bleeding the red, white and blue.
    All the best for the future.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale Morris has embodied every fine virtue this country admires in a sportsman and a person. We have been so fortunate that he played for the Dogs. His on field skill, courage, persistence and humility is something that we will long remember. He is the finest role model any group of young men could have and I hope the Club finds a role for him, he is invaluable. I thank him for the great Bulldog moments he has inspired on and off field. Put simply Dale Morris is a much admired and quality person. I wish you a wonderful life after a truly great football career.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale, there is nothing I can say that others can't say more eloquently, or no honour I can give you that you haven't already received.

All I can offer is a deep and personal thank-you for the courage and commitment you have displayed throughout your career. And the pleasure I have been privileged to have received as a result of your efforts.

Best wishes for your future, and hopefully it is not lost to us.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Dale, there is nothing I can say that others can't say more eloquently, or no honour I can give you that you haven't already received.

All I can offer is a deep and personal thank-you for the courage and commitment you have displayed throughout your career. And the pleasure I have been privileged to have received as a result of your efforts.

Best wishes for your future, and hopefully it is not lost to us.
    Beautifully put.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Morris announces his retirement
    Wins in Finals for FOOTS/WBD
    1x: 66 players
    2x: 41 players
    3x: 19 players
    4x: 34 players
    5x: Easton Wood
    6x: Ted Whitten, Brad Johnson, Liam Picken
    7x: DALE MORRIS
    8x: Matthew Boyd

@westernbulldogs @AFL

via @sirswampthing on Twitter.

15. Thanks Twodogs, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, SonofScray, The Doctor, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dale Morris. What a player! That tackle on Buddy in the 2016 grand final will all never forget. All the best for your future endeavours.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, can't stop crying today.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the greatest of all.

Thanks Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

Easton's tribute on social media is brilliant.
    ----

Words can’t describe how much this man means to me. I’ve never met someone who’s so driven by giving to others and so passionate about playing the game to make it easier for his mates. I thought I’d share a story to show just how selfless Moz consistently was.
    It was rd22, 2016 and we were playing Essendon. Late in the game I landed awkwardly on my ankle and felt a snap. I was helped off the ground and the whole way off all I could think was “that’s my season done”.

After the game I was assessed by the docs and they organized an MRI scan for later that night. Moz didnt play that night and when he came to console me he heard the docs saying I shouldn’t drive myself. My family weren’t at the game so Moz, of course, offered to drive me.

The MRI is at least a half hour in the opposite direction to Moz’s house but he wouldn’t take no for answer. So off we went and along the way he was reassuring me the scan might give us good news. We arrive around 9pm and I let him know my wife’s on the way to take me home after.

Despite being a mile from his home, late at night and still with the half hour scan to take place, Moz insists that he’s staying so he can be there for me when I come out with what I’m expecting to be bad news. Finally I finish the scan and the doc has the news. It’s 10pm.

There’s enough of the ligament there to be stable. I’ll only miss two weeks and be back for finals. I can’t believe it! Neither can Moz, whose there to hug and celebrate with me. Because he waited and was there. He was always there for me. He’s always there for everyone.

That’s what Moz does, he sacrifices to help others. I’ll never forget it. History happened & 6 weeks later we won a flag together. I’ll be forever grateful for that moment but mainly for having him as a mate.

20. Likes The Doctor, cinder, N/A, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Following the doggies for over 55 years Dale Morris would be in my best team of all time. Without a doubt. His selfless acts knew no bounds. He was never beaten. His chats off the field with all supporters are well known. I was lucky to be one of those supporters. So very glad he is staying with our great club.

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post