Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Morris retires

I've been dreading this day for a few years, but accept this time comes for all eventually. Without a doubt Dale is my favourite Bulldog of all time. He was not the most naturally gifted, but is the personification of persistance, dedication, selflessness, and integrity. He exemplifies all of the attributes one could wish upon their children.
    I sincerely hope we retain Moz in an official capacity at the club. He would be the perfect mentor for the next generation of Bulldogs coming through.

All the very best Dale, and thank you for all that you've given and sacrificed over the years in the quest of helping us to achieve success.

2. Thanks angelopetraglia, westbulldog thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've been dreading this day for a few years, but accept this time comes for all eventually. Without a doubt Dale is my favourite Bulldog of all time. He was not the most naturally gifted, but is the personification of persistance, dedication, selflessness, and integrity. He exemplifies all of the attributes one could wish upon their children.
    I sincerely hope we retain Moz in an official capacity at the club. He would be the perfect mentor for the next generation of Bulldogs coming through.

All the very best Dale, and thank you for all that you've given and sacrificed over the years in the quest of helping us to achieve success.
    Bevo mentioned at the presser that they're in discussions about a coaching role next season.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Doc26, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the most unassuming and humble guy, a rare gem really. Certainly the end of an era, just loved watching him all these years, and of course THAT tackle!

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was interviewed before our first final in 2016 when we were thinking that a trip to Perth was the worst and he said “I can’t wait” with a grin. - he is so positive. When he last played in the VFL he was pretty much coaching the back line group so I hope he will coach if nothing else to pass on his attitude. Just love him

Post Thanks / Like

He’d have played until he was 50 if we let him. In an era when the sport has become more job-like for the players, it was refreshing to see someone like Moz just love every moment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Moz is one of a kind. He will be back at the club next in some shape or form. He is the fabric of this club and part of the reason we have such a strong culture. Don't think words can adequately describe how important Moz actually is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    IMMORTAL.

Thankyou Dale for that moment, forever etched in my memory. Go on and live your life you BullGod!

12. Thanks cinder thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There will never be another Dale Morris. Along with Liam Picken, he embodied the spirit of the Bulldog. Superbly courageous but never flashy, the ultimate team player. What an incredible human being (I still think, despite rumours to the contrary, he is actually human).

Also a very good-looking man!

Post Thanks / Like

God luck and good speed you absolute legend.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

My mini dogs flag with your signature is now even more treasured. Love ya Morry!! (Lunch on Tuesday?) Gee I hope, as others have said, he can play an off field role sometime soon. Along with Picko & West Senior one of my all time faves. Such a big bulldog heart. And such a sweet demeanour and great clubman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Farewell. Expected but still sad news.

I'd love to find a way to keep him at the club next year in an off field role.
    Its funny you say that, but im of the opposite opinion, imagine #superdale spending a couple of years under a quality coach/person such as John Longmire, or Alistair Clarkson, just like what Matthew Boyd is doing under Buckley, it will equip him even more.

They guy is a gem of a human, and he is one of us to the absolute core, lets empower him to become even more superhuman.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of the 2016 finals balls from Rebel (and 2015 - all I can think of when I see that though is Talia)
    Planning on carrying it around with me in the off chance I can run into Dale so I can ask him to write 'you're welcome' on it.

I don't know any of these people, but the club means everything to us, and by every single account he made it a better place.

Be like Dale

Thanks Moz
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

What a champ, what a legend, thank you Moz, one of the best defenders to put on the RWB
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Moz.

Thank you for every ounce of yourself (and more) that you poured into the Bulldogs. Thank you for THAT tackle, and every other tackle, chase, niggle and defence manoeuvre that didn't attract the same attention. The Men's Department will never be quite the same.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Very emotional
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes Rocket Science liked this post