Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  36
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Morris retires

This is great reading. Probably would have been a national champion at something as an athlete. Extremely skilled. Durable as hell. Offered the selectors great stability.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

A brilliant career - one of our all time greatest players.

He’s infectious with his love for the game, and his resilience will never be matched. Pleasure to watch him play - we are so lucky to have a person of his caliber at our club for so long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    IMMORTAL.

That was huge!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The inner sanctum speech, real tears shed, this guy is a true hero in every sense.
    There is no player that can match him for courage, selflessness and sportsmanship.
    So many match winning moments, contests and unseen influences to a match, determination to lift his brothers.
    Dale Morris beat everyone one on one at some stage and consistently against the best forwards in the game.
    Dale has given me, the supporters and his team mates glimpses of joy and pride when the team was at its worst, he also did it in the toughest games, on the biggest stages, he did it consistently through good times, the bad and the best times.
    There is no player like him, we have been fortunate to witness this career.
    He provided us that moment in the grand final, always giving us his best. That was always going to be my greatest Morris football moment, however, in that inner sanctum speech, the toughest speech of his career, he gave everything again, that speech will carry those young team mates far. His love of the club validates the supporters highest hopes and ideals in club and player.
    Looking forward to seeing Dale succeed in his next club capacity, whether it’s coaching, player welfare or a mentoring role.

5. Thanks westbulldog thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Easton's tribute on social media is brilliant.
    ----

Words can’t describe how much this man means to me. I’ve never met someone who’s so driven by giving to others and so passionate about playing the game to make it easier for his mates. I thought I’d share a story to show just how selfless Moz consistently was.
    It was rd22, 2016 and we were playing Essendon. Late in the game I landed awkwardly on my ankle and felt a snap. I was helped off the ground and the whole way off all I could think was “that’s my season done”.

After the game I was assessed by the docs and they organized an MRI scan for later that night. Moz didnt play that night and when he came to console me he heard the docs saying I shouldn’t drive myself. My family weren’t at the game so Moz, of course, offered to drive me.

The MRI is at least a half hour in the opposite direction to Moz’s house but he wouldn’t take no for answer. So off we went and along the way he was reassuring me the scan might give us good news. We arrive around 9pm and I let him know my wife’s on the way to take me home after.

Despite being a mile from his home, late at night and still with the half hour scan to take place, Moz insists that he’s staying so he can be there for me when I come out with what I’m expecting to be bad news. Finally I finish the scan and the doc has the news. It’s 10pm.

There’s enough of the ligament there to be stable. I’ll only miss two weeks and be back for finals. I can’t believe it! Neither can Moz, whose there to hug and celebrate with me. Because he waited and was there. He was always there for me. He’s always there for everyone.

That’s what Moz does, he sacrifices to help others. I’ll never forget it. History happened & 6 weeks later we won a flag together. I’ll be forever grateful for that moment but mainly for having him as a mate.
    Something in my eye...

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

he was at the VFL today with his two boys
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentor role for sure, VFL back coach or one on one.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    he was at the VFL today with his two boys
    He was - he signed my 2016 ball - and can spell ‘you’re’ in context, a small thing that means a lot to me (because of course he can, he’s Dale Morris) and was very sweet with my quirky son

Saw Tom Boyd with Zaine too
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The one I remember is his spoil of Buddy’s mark just before the famous tackle in the Grand Final. Two massive efforts that led to Boyd’s goal. I remember when they started calling him the glove and thinking that is appropriate for him. What a man. Great career and well deserved premiership player

Post Thanks / Like

One of my all time favourites.
    If they re-picked the team of the century, he surely gets picked in the back 6.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s a player you’ll tell your grandkids about.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I’m addicted to Dale Morris videos!

He’s just such a positive and inspirational person.

I never thought there’d be a player after Libba who better personified what a bulldog was - and maybe Dale doesn’t but he’s the walking embodiment of the modern bulldog. I once wrote that Dale was the kind of bloke you’d want your daughter to marry.

He might be too nice for a reality tv show - but couldn’t we have a weekly bulldogs website video with Dale going through his favourite games as a bulldog, favourite teammates etc

18. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Legend. Have we offered him a job at the club next year? Surely you want to keep someone like Dale around your club forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Legend. Have we offered him a job at the club next year? Surely you want to keep someone like Dale around your club forever.
    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...ed-in-for-2020

Recently-retired premiership defender Dale Morris will make an immediate transition to coaching, becoming a development coach after calling time on his 253-game AFL career in August.