Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Final 1 - for those not going to the game

While there is a number of Woofers heading to Sydney for the big game next Saturday just wondering for those Woofers who won’t be going where you’ll be catching the game.

Myself: At home on the couch - same spot I watched the 2016 elimination final and 2016 prelim final.

I’ll start the game day thread for Final 1 this week and Woofers can put their predictions in as per usual.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final 1 - for those not going to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    While there is a number of Woofers heading to Sydney for the big game next Saturday just wondering for those Woofers who won’t be going where you’ll be catching the game.

Myself: At home on the couch - same spot I watched the 2016 elimination final and 2016 prelim final.

I’ll start the game day thread for Final 1 this week and Woofers can put their predictions in as per usual.
    I'll be watching with my brother from the same pub as we did for the 2016 elim.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From either the couch at home or up at the club; wherever my son wants to watch it.

Tipping dogs to win by 3 points (in honour of our no. 3 Mitch Wallis who will miss the finals just like he sadly did in 2016).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'll be watching with my brother from the same pub as we did for the 2016 elim.
    Same (although not with your brother).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Because I'll be away on Hols, it will a replay on Thursday night. I hope it doesn't ruin the end of my holidays and the weekend.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Same (although not with your brother).
    What's wrong with Comrade's brother? I've only heard lovely things about him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

My brother is going on Friday night he is a Pies fan. We could be playing each other in a few weeks if we advance through these early weeks of the finals. If the Pies win on Friday night will be playing them if we win in Week 1 and 2.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

10. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I (Frankston) will probably go with my two sons (Carlton) to FB Footscray Fanboy (is that you YHF?) to Victoria Hotel Footscray or Whiiten Oval.

12. Likes Eastdog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to the Yarraville Club to watch...I can walk home from there if needs be (celebrating or drowning the sorrows)

14. Likes ratsmac, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    Going to the Yarraville Club to watch...I can walk home from there if needs be (celebrating or drowning the sorrows)
    We went for dinner at the Yarraville Club a few weeks ago and sitting at the next table was Jake Stringer!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at a mates place doing a double header. Us first then Richmond Brisbane. He's Richmond so I'll have to pretend I want them to win or he'll probably turf me out.

I am not sure if I am at all happy about watching a final in front of non fellow supporters at their house. They won't understand when I complain about umpiring that is most probably fair and scream my head off for no reason at all.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

17. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I (Frankston) will probably go with my two sons (Carlton) to FB Footscray Fanboy (is that you YHF?) to Victoria Hotel Footscray or Whiiten Oval.
    I could be wrong but I thought Footscray Fanboy was Rocco Jones?

I will be in the city celebrating my wife's birthday (hence why I can't go to Sydney). I will be going to watch the game at Crown (probably at the sportsbar), my wife and friends can do what they like.

19. Likes Mantis, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Macs hotel Melton , probably watch the reserves there too .. sportsbar meal , a few keno games and everyone’s a winner. ( I get half price meals at all ALH pubs :-)5% off all drinks )
    Bring back the biff

21. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sydney Saturday forecast: 11 - 20 degrees. Partly cloudy. Winds westerly 35 to 50 km/h.

Those strong winds will be blowing across the ground. Will that help us? The advantage of their superior foot skills may be reduced. More chaos balls for us?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

23. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Sydney Saturday forecast: 11 - 20 degrees. Partly cloudy. Winds westerly 35 to 50 km/h.

Those strong winds will be blowing across the ground. Will that help us? The advantage of their superior foot skills may be reduced. More chaos balls for us?
    Was wondering the same thing. We are playing a beautiful brand of footy ourselves at the moment I think the wind affects both teams equally.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.