Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's jumping out of their skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes I heard Cameron being interviewed. He said they didn't come out hard enough last time.
    Geez it's so predictable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Is there anything surer?

They'll be coming for the Bont too no doubt. Good luck with that.

Eyes on the prize lads and cement these chumps as our September bunnies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I have a feeling GWS will overdo the fireworks.
    Shaw will lose his cool again. Toby Mc *^%$#% face will give away a few 50s.

We will coolly and calmly slice them apart.
    One of my early footy coaches once told me that my best asset on the field was my "supremely punchable *!*!*!*!ing head" Toby has a similar advantage. He just has to look at an opponent and it seems to drive them mad.

RS is right. It's going to be a torrid opening but if we can keep our heads and our focus on the ball we will win.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t let a “fanny full of cold water” through to the keeper.

Bravo sir. Outstanding analogy

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just shattered that we don't have Clay Smith to get under Heath Shaw's skin again.

Whatever he said to him in the prelim was effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I can’t let a “fanny full of cold water” through to the keeper.

Bravo sir. Outstanding analogy
    My dear old dad had a million of those little adages or sayings but 'fanny full of cold water' was right up there. "not worth a pinch of shit in a thunder storm" was a favourite too. and 'Sparrow's fart' for dawn.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My dear old dad had a million of those little adages or sayings but 'fanny full of cold water' was right up there. "not worth a pinch of shit in a thunder storm" was a favourite too. and 'Sparrow's fart' for dawn.
    Its important we maintain our heritage and culture
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited, but not exactly full of belief. That will change if we can get up this weekend. It's been such a strange season, I had Bevo sacked early in the year, I stand by my logic at the time. That being said, he deserves credit for lifting his game as much as the lads have. There's a spring in the step and a full arsenal at his disposal.

I think we are good enough on our day. We might need to out fox a few to ensure we have enough Days in a row. Bashing GWS could do the trick. Or let them blow themselves up with niggle etc and back ourselves in to hit the scoreboard. Shop Early, one way or another.

Yeah, I'm excited.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really.....yet.

It just seems odd, I was trying to explain how I thought of our chances to a guy at work. Every game I watched live we'd been awful and lost almost every time. The Freo win was the only victory I saw in person. It's hard to wipe those terrible performances out of the memory bank and focus on what we've done well in recent weeks. I'm sitting here waiting for the letdown, I expected it in Round 23. Our midfield is mint but feel we're very vulnerable down back and still fairly green up forward. I don't know what to predict now? I'll just go in, thinking we'll lose like I have done the past few weeks. Why change something while we're winning?

11. Likes chef, 1eyedog, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Not really.....yet.

It just seems odd, I was trying to explain how I thought of our chances to a guy at work. Every game I watched live we'd been awful and lost almost every time. The Freo win was the only victory I saw in person. It's hard to wipe those terrible performances out of the memory bank and focus on what we've done well in recent weeks. I'm sitting here waiting for the letdown, I expected it in Round 23. Our midfield is mint but feel we're very vulnerable down back and still fairly green up forward. I don't know what to predict now? I'll just go in, thinking we'll lose like I have done the past few weeks. Why change something while we're winning?
    I'm not sure after so many years of emotional investment and tumoil in following the Club whether I could ever reach the stage of 'jumping out of my skin' going into a final. Unfortunately going into finals I align far more with nervous apprehension with a touch of anticipation, and if the result does go our way, then a combination of joy and relief .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm just shattered that we don't have Clay Smith to get under Heath Shaw's skin again.

Whatever he said to him in the prelim was effective.
    Assuming Libba doesn't get up to play can we get him running water or something to rile up the plastics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Assuming Libba doesn't get up to play can we get him running water or something to rile up the plastics?
    Great idea
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In Bevo we trust to have the players ready and motivated. We' ve won five out of six finals with Bevo and should have won the one we missed on. That needled, indignant attitude he's always had towards things that stand in our way like GWS and pox face, Bevo infuses into the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    In Bevo we trust to have the players ready and motivated. We' ve won five out of six finals with Bevo and should have won the one we missed on. That needled, indignant attitude he's always had towards things that stand in our way like GWS and pox face, Bevo infuses into the team.
    Isn't it 4 out of 5?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Isn't it 4 out of 5?
    You're right thanks, getting ahead of myself unless I know something that I didn't know I know.