Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Premonition of premiership.

A poster had a dream on the eve of '16 finals that we won the GF. I remember reading the post and wondering.
    Anyone wanna fess up?
    How amazing. These premonitions happen as if the urgency of the situation penetrates our instincts.
    I had it with Yannic Noah when he was the first Frenchman to win French Open in decades.
    I had just had first trip to Paris, had no conscious awareness of Yannick I was ignorant of him but had pondered the name but I vaguely had him as a Frank with sideboards and an Elvis hairstyle.
    I had a dream I floated in on a scene of incredible excitement that I couldn't explain and urgently wanted to know the source.
    I asked in English what was going on and was told with a french accent :"It's Yannic".
    A week later he won the French Open and I am still electrified.
    Dream WOOFers, tell your unconscious to dream, your pillows are the Dogs oracle. Lay your head on it and ponder dreamily floating onto a scene of great excitement.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 03-09-2019 at 02:08 PM.

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Premonition of premiership.

I've been dreaming of watching us get smashed followed by me getting caught in Sydney traffic on the way to the airport, missing my plane and having to find airport accomodation for me and my 12year old for Saturday night.

Is that the sort of thing you are talking about 'cos it sure as hell is recurring!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast, Insufficient Intent liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are a realistic chance in 2020.

We'll give it a good crack this year but it just feels like 2015 to me.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its building

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

and building

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2016 I had a dream that we won, and Bob Murphy came to our school with the cup (one of the women at work is friends with his parents). To this day I sometimes still can't believe that we actually won it, even though I was there on that day. I rarely remember my dreams, so this was a special one.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

OK Woofers, tighten your seatbelts, you are about to embark on a strange and magical journey............

Here are some things that happened to me in the build up to the grand final in 2016 while was in New Zealand with my 12 year old boy.

On the night of the preliminary final we were staying in Auckland in an apartment.
    We had access to a footy channel so we were all set up to watch the game. Snacks, beer etc.

Then..........during the day it started raining cats and ..... DOGS. It poured and poured and poured.
    And the stupid TV went DEAD. Absolutely dead, nothing, zip, nada...... just static and white noise.

I hastened to the desk to ask, beg, plead for someone to come and fix it.......but they said there was something wrong with their dish on the roof and all the TVs went dead whenever it rained. I felt myself go pale as a sheet......

Now this was bucketing monsoonal type rain and it wasn't stopping. I desperately started googling sports bars in Auckland and even my wife back in Melbourne was trying to help me find somewhere to go........it wasn't looking good though, and the thought of taking my boy out in the drenching rain to some sports bar all night wasn't all that appealing. We would be DRENCHED by the time we got anywhere too.
    The water was mid-shin by now all over the city
    Then........just when all hope was lost.........just before the first bounce.......the TV started working PERFECTLY.
    The signal stayed good for the ENTIRE GAME and then suddenly died again... almost the exact minute the game ended.

We saw the whole glorious thing. It was truly divine intervention.

But wait gentle readers.......that's just the start.

By sheer fluke I had booked flights to land back in Melbourne Grand final eve. Finals hadn't been factored in to my travel plans at all. So that was just dumb luck right there.

Anyhow....... my son (Ted) and I had the rest of the week to potter around NZ before heading home.

We drove to a remote patch of remnant forest and walked along a sun dappled track to a viewing platform above a majestic waterfall.
    There was the usual graffiti and tagging on the hand rail, but there was one name right in the middle, the biggest clearest name of all.
    In fresh thick black Texta.
    The one name you couldn't miss.
    EASTON
    Ted and I looked at each other knowingly.
    (How many Eastons are there in the world do you reckon?)
    Over the next couple of days things just kept getting better.
    My wife rang to tell me we had been successful in the clubs ticket lottery and got 5 tickets. one for each family member (all paid up members btw).

Then........on the last morning of our trip. We pulled up at a remote headland. Really early. About 6am. The sun was just coming up.

Anyway, there's a local woman from a nearby farm who cleans the toilets and maintains the place, and she was there in her dressing gown going about her chores.
    She was a bit shocked and embarrassed to see us pull up, as she was really in the middle of nowhere and didn't expect people to arrive.
    But she was a good old stick and we had a laugh and a good talk, then her old farm dog came wandering slowly over to say hello.
    A gentle old Kelpie with slightly dimming eyes and an arthritic limp. I bent down to give him a pat and asked her what the dog's name was...........

The dog was called E.J.Yes. E..........J...........

I just couldn't believe it. This was all getting to be too much.

That night we flew back in to Melbourne which was just buzzing red white and blue.
    I went to the grand final with all my kids.
    And we F&^%%$ing won.

And now here we are again..............
    Last edited by Dancin' Douggy; 03-09-2019 at 03:41 PM.

11. Thanks azabob, Bulldog4life, Mutz thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I've been dreaming of watching us get smashed followed by me getting caught in Sydney traffic on the way to the airport, missing my plane and having to find airport accomodation for me and my 12year old for Saturday night.

Is that the sort of thing you are talking about 'cos it sure as hell is recurring!
    Im hoping this dream is anxiety about trying to control your destiny rather than a premonition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I think we are a realistic chance in 2020.

We'll give it a good crack this year but it just feels like 2015 to me.
    The relevant term here is 'feels like' which means intuition not thinking and thats what we future feelers use. Funny but intuition is considered a rational function even though we don't control it, its unconscious

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bad feeling about the week off. It aided previously, I just have this nagging naysayer in the back of my gut telling me.... "gee that week off really killed our momentum hey"....

I don't think I ever have positive premonitions however so this isn't a bad thing.
    Actually l tell a lie, half time semi v Hawks. I knew we were going to win.
    Its going to be a tough game, however considering where we've come from this is all a bonus to me. Go dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    In 2016 I had a dream that we won, and Bob Murphy came to our school with the cup (one of the women at work is friends with his parents). To this day I sometimes still can't believe that we actually won it, even though I was there on that day. I rarely remember my dreams, so this was a special one.
    Isnt it magic to have a dream like that? I have had several myself and when at uni had a friend who told me that he dreamt that a horsre called Prince Puckle a hurdler would win and it had for the first time on the Saturday when he had backed it. But in his dream it was at Moonee Valley where he would run the Sat after he told me. It won again and again, winning three in a row after his dream and two after he told me. He was actually scared of the dream and its power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    OK Woofers, tighten your seatbelts, you are about to embark on a strange and magical journey............

Here are some things that happened to me in the build up to the grand final in 2016 while was in New Zealand with my 12 year old boy.

On the night of the preliminary final we were staying in Auckland in an apartment.
    We had access to a footy channel so we were all set up to watch the game. Snacks, beer etc.

Then..........during the day it started raining cats and ..... DOGS. It poured and poured and poured.
    And the stupid TV went DEAD. Absolutely dead, nothing, zip, nada...... just static and white noise.

I hastened to the desk to ask, beg, plead for someone to come and fix it.......but they said there was something wrong with their dish on the roof and all the TVs went dead whenever it rained. I felt myself go pale as a sheet......

Now this was bucketing monsoonal type rain and it wasn't stopping. I desperately started googling sports bars in Auckland and even my wife back in Melbourne was trying to help me find somewhere to go........it wasn't looking good though, and the thought of taking my boy out in the drenching rain to some sports bar all night wasn't all that appealing. We would be DRENCHED by the time we got anywhere too.
    The water was mid-shin by now all over the city
    Then........just when all hope was lost.........just before the first bounce.......the TV started working PERFECTLY.
    The signal stayed good for the ENTIRE GAME and then suddenly died again... almost the exact minute the game ended.

We saw the whole glorious thing. It was truly divine intervention.

But wait gentle readers.......that's just the start.

By sheer fluke I had booked flights to land back in Melbourne Grand final eve. Finals hadn't been factored in to my travel plans at all. So that was just dumb luck right there.

Anyhow....... my son (Ted) and I had the rest of the week to potter around NZ before heading home.

We drove to a remote patch of remnant forest and walked along a sun dappled track to a viewing platform above a majestic waterfall.
    There was the usual graffiti and tagging on the hand rail, but there was one name right in the middle, the biggest clearest name of all.
    In fresh thick black Texta.
    The one name you couldn't miss.
    EASTON
    Ted and I looked at each other knowingly.
    (How many Eastons are there in the world do you reckon?)
    Over the next couple of days things just kept getting better.
    My wife rang to tell me we had been successful in the clubs ticket lottery and got 5 tickets. one for each family member (all paid up members btw).

Then........on the last morning of our trip. We pulled up at a remote headland. Really early. About 6am. The sun was just coming up.

Anyway, there's a local woman from a nearby farm who cleans the toilets and maintains the place, and the was there in her dressing gown going about her chores.
    She was a bit shocked and embarrassed to see us pull up, as she was really in the middle of nowhere and didn't expect people to arrive.
    But she was a good old stick and we had a laugh and a good talk, then her old farm dog came wandering slowly over to say hello.
    A gentle old Kelpie with slightly dimming eyes and an arthritic limp. I bent down to give him a pat and asked her what the dog's name was...........

The dog was called E.J.Yes. E..........J...........

I just couldn't believe it. This was all getting to be too much.

That night we flew back in to Melbourne which was just buzzing red white and blue.
    I went to the grand final with all my kids.
    And we F&^%%$ing won.

And now here we are again..............
    Absolutely epic DD you were the antenna after all and were channeling what I call the historical imperative.

17. Thanks Dancin' Douggy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I've got a bad feeling about the week off. It aided previously, I just have this nagging naysayer in the back of my gut telling me.... "gee that week off really killed our momentum hey"....

I don't think I ever have positive premonitions however so this isn't a bad thing.
    Actually l tell a lie, half time semi v Hawks. I knew we were going to win.
    Its going to be a tough game, however considering where we've come from this is all a bonus to me. Go dogs!
    I reckon anxiety can feel like premonition and its hard to tell which is which until things happen. But a premonition often has an incident in it that is as if the person has already experienced what is about to happen, something specific.
    My best mate and his wife, filth supporters, were motorcycling around Aus, were out of Newcastle camping. Julie told Martin she had a dream that her jeans were shredded and there was blood all over her leg. Nearly forty years later now his leg is still stuffed anf so are his lungs from the two years they spent in hospital both with smashed legs the day after she had the dream, some idiot was crossing double white lines in the wet on blind corners and cleaned them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Program our collective unconscious, instruct ourselves as our heads hit the pillow and we enter into into unconscious life to tune into the Bulldogs fate. One of us may channel it. It Could be You.
    It Could be You, Tommy Hanlon, 1964 or '65
    Our next door neighbour has a ticket to be in audience. Night before dreams Tommy picks her from audience and she picks # X and wins the lot. Next day Tommy picks her from audience, she tells him of the dream and the number of the 'clover' she dreamt. She chooses that number and she wins the lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Last night my sister dreamt that the AFL changed the day and venue on us and it was being played on the Friday night at Optus oval. Also Dunkley kicked the first goal and Picken was sitting with the cheer squad.

She didn’t get as far as the final result though!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!