Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Premonition of premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Last night my sister dreamt that the AFL changed the day and venue on us and it was being played on the Friday night at Optus oval. Also Dunkley kicked the first goal and Picken was sitting with the cheer squad.

She didn’t get as far as the final result though!
    I dreamt last night that they changed the venue to Ballarat but the oval was full of gum trees. Not only that but all the seats were facing away from the ground. Please let Saturday hurry up.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote a story in 2013 about us playing in the 2016 Grand Final. One aspect of it was that Bob had a knee injury and was in doubt until the team took the field.

Before I take too much credit, I imagined Richmond were our opponent, BMac was our coach, we had made the grand final after an after the siren kick by Nathan Hrovat of all people, and of course Bob played.

Mere details which don't capture the essential truth of my vision
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

3. Likes Murphy'sLore, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I wrote a story in 2013 about us playing in the 2016 Grand Final. One aspect of it was that Bob had a knee injury and was in doubt until the team took the field.

Before I take too much credit, I imagined Richmond were our opponent, BMac was our coach, we had made the grand final after an after the siren kick by Nathan Hrovat of all people, and of course Bob played.

ReLoad did a LEGO MCG model of us winning the Grand Final in the years beforehand, didn’t he?

If memory serves, we were playing Collingwood and the moment in time captured Liam Jones of all people taking a speckie! Agreed, it’s about the major vision, not the details

I’m sad to say, I’m just not feeling it this time. I’m really excited we’re there and it’s wonderful for a young playing group, but after making a mockery of GWS a few weeks ago I think they’ll come out furious and (literally) stomp all over us.

Happy to be made a fool of though!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ReLoad did a LEGO MCG model of us winning the Grand Final in the years beforehand, didn’t he?

If memory serves, we were playing Collingwood and the moment in time captured Liam Jones of all people taking a speckie! Agreed, it’s about the major vision, not the details

I’m sad to say, I’m just not feeling it this time. I’m really excited we’re there and it’s wonderful for a young playing group, but after making a mockery of GWS a few weeks ago I think they’ll come out furious and (literally) stomp all over us.

Tend to agree with you unfortunately. I just have a bad feeling about it all. Still, I'm glad our young players will get a taste of finals action, albeit at their barren wasteland. Hopefully it drives our young players on to replicate this great form next year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to say if we were ever going to win the flag it would be in my 60th year. We won in the Oct and I turned 60 the following Feb - yes it happened in my 60th year.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    I used to say if we were ever going to win the flag it would be in my 60th year. We won in the Oct and I turned 60 the following Feb - yes it happened in my 60th year.
    Happened in my 60th year too.

I may have told this story before. I turned 60 when we were playing Hawks in 2016, the day Bob did his knee. ( I was there).

My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I said what about some Bulldog memorabilia. After looking on line and also visiting the shop, I said there is nothing I want, I think I will wait till we win the premiership. My wife's reply was you will be waiting along time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I may have told this story before. I turned 60 when we were playing Hawks in 2016, the day Bob did his knee. ( I was there).

My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I said what about some Bulldog memorabilia. After looking on line and also visiting the shop, I said there is nothing I want, I think I will wait till we win the premiership. My wife's reply was you will be waiting along time.
    It was meant to be. My boss gave me a premiership top for my 60th (and he is a hawks supporter) and a friend had a canvas done with the Bulldogs logo and superimposed a photo of me holding the premiership cup. So they were worth waiting for.
    Last edited by Max469; 04-09-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    It was meant to be. My boss game a premiership top for my 60th (and he is a hawks supporter) and a friend had a canvas done with the Bulldogs logo and superimposed a photo of me holding the premiership cup. So they were worth waiting for.
    The first thing that Firstdog said to me as we took our seats was "we are going to lose today aren't we? Teams don't win four finals in a row" I told him that we would win by 4 goals.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I think we are a realistic chance in 2020.

We'll give it a good crack this year but it just feels like 2015 to me.
    Same. I think it would be great to get past this week, and if we do who knows, but I think GWS will be too strong.

Post Thanks / Like

2016 was year of my 62nd birthday 62 yrs since our first premiership. I was 7 mnths old living in Droop St when we won and 7 yrs old moving out of Footscray to The Basin when we went into '61 GF as fav's.
    Now I'm 65, year of retirement, that is psychically significant.
    Amazed at how you guys have dreams related to our fate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The first thing that Firstdog said to me as we took our seats was "we are going to lose today aren't we? Teams don't win four finals in a row" I told him that we would win by 4 goals.
    Intuition supreme over thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

That connection of GF with Bob tragically with knee injury is pure Oracle.

Post Thanks / Like

Last night my sister dreamt that the AFL changed the day and venue on us and it was being played on the Friday night at Optus oval. Also Dunkley kicked the first goal and Picken was sitting with the cheer squad.

She didn’t get as far as the final result though!
    Even though your sis's dream didn't divulge the result, first goal Dunkley with our finals champ Picken in the cheer squad are great start to the final, bode well.
    This us the best one yet for this year. Lets see who dreams, paints, writes or legoes a premonition before Sat arvo.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 05-09-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Tend to agree with you unfortunately. I just have a bad feeling about it all. Still, I'm glad our young players will get a taste of finals action, albeit at their barren wasteland. Hopefully it drives our young players on to replicate this great form next year.
    Bad vibes can be premonitary but they more often are anxiety, a powerful thing that is closely related to excitement.

Post Thanks / Like

Reload with his lego, another way to unconsciously channel, what a thing. Liam Jones did star and took a speccie in the VFL GF in '16.