1/. De Boer ==> JJ and lives in his pocket. I tell the players that if we go down, we go down based on inside ball NOT outside run. De Boer keeps JJ to < 10 possessions and ZERO running bounces.

2/. Green is PERMANENT i50. He doesn't empty out to defend, he doesn't play mid. He starts 30m out from goal and plays in a 20m2 area from there...and I just tell the team to kick it to him/in his area as often as possible.

3/. Whoever - WHOEVER - gets Young, goes directly to the goal-square and does not pass go. We roll back on Young ALL DAY (no matter what the Dogs do, if Young goes to you, you go to the square) and he is not allowed to play his natural game across half-back. This should leave Crozier responsible for intercept marking AND run (JJ is being taken care of) from behind the footy...basically I dare Beveridge to move another runner (Richards??) back.

4/. I tell Davis to DARE the umpire to play a free-kick. He is told to block Naughton's run at every opportunity - bash into him off the ball, get in his way, force him to lead up the ground ALL DAY. Get him out of scoring range where he creates trouble just by bringing the ball to deck.

5/. Bailey Dale? He goes TO THE GROUND. He goes near the ball? He goes on the ground. He doesn't go near the ball? He goes to the ground. He goes TO THE GROUND. He should have the single most miserable afternoon of any player in the history of every player who has ever had a miserable afternoon.

That's it. We know the other stuff (Giants will win and score from stoppages - Dogs aren't good in this area + of the 3x tall forwards one of them will end up having a good day so that will be that) but I really think there is a series of pretty clear steps the Giants CAN and SHOULD take if they want to win.