Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If I was Leon Cameron...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    'I feel sorry for whoever he does get': Giants to unleash de Boer on Dogs midfield

Suspect Bont'll gladly put his hand up and invite him over.
    like last time, lol!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    English can run the Mummy off his feet. Mummy has the agility and mobility of a diplodocus so that could be an area of exploitation for us.

Definitely bring back Trengove. He can wait in the goal square for anyone trying to lure Young away from his preferred position. Which means we have the option of sending Cordy forward to accidentally knock over Davis or anyone trying to interfere with Naughton or Dale. Or if it's not working for English then Trengove can go in the ruck, English goes forward, Naughton goes back. We have more options.

If I had one wish. It would be to bring Libba in.
    Me too. Libba is a massive out for us IMO. He is built for finals footy. If we get past the Giants we are going to need his hardness around the ball going forward. Spewin he's not available this week.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, I’d be starting de boer in the middle rather than back line and adapt as the game goes on but JJ is a good call. That article on him suggests maybe they will be creative with him.

We fold every time a team brings intense aggression from the start of a game. Ok if it happens over the game though - hopefully bont firing up last time we played them gives us the spark to feel we can match it.

I’d love nothing more than to see us run out and go at a few of their blokes, Kelly, Whitfield etc, really line them up and come to play. If it turns into a scrap we knock them off their smooth flowing game style.

They’ll do everything possible to stop our run and spread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    English can run the Mummy off his feet. Mummy has the agility and mobility of a diplodocus so that could be an area of exploitation for us.

Definitely bring back Trengove. He can wait in the goal square for anyone trying to lure Young away from his preferred position. Which means we have the option of sending Cordy forward to accidentally knock over Davis or anyone trying to interfere with Naughton or Dale. Or if it's not working for English then Trengove can go in the ruck, English goes forward, Naughton goes back. We have more options.

If I had one wish. It would be to bring Libba in.
    Libba would be huge for us. I'd love to see him up and in Shaw's face.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Libba would be huge for us. I'd love to see him up and in Shaw's face.
    An opportune time for the heir apparent to step in.

Bailey Smith come on down.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes Twodogs, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An opportune time for the heir apparent to step in.

Bailey Smith come on down.
    Lets hope that Bailey and Tom are sitting in Barker's together drinking coffee this week and talking about how best to upset Heath Shaw.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Good scary thread MJP.

The Giants are thugs, so I think they'll come for us with everything they've got, and agree with Sedat that it's shaping up as the most brutal of the finals. And the umpiring might well matter (they did seem generous to us when we played them a few weeks ago, but I think they're likely to put their whistles away more).

While of course there's a chance that we can't match them and fall away, a couple of things give me some cause for hope. Firstly, I think Beveridge has shown that he can put extra planning time to good use (although we're only 3-2 after a bye with him if you include the elimination final v West Coast, which makes me pause a little).

Secondly, I remember Murphy saying in 2016 that we were very good at being 'on' when it counted, which has been true again recently.

I do find it a bit bizarre that we're favourites, and neither you or I like that. Nevertheless, I see this final as a bonus - of course I want us to smash them any which way, and I hate losing, but if we do lose, I hope that it gives this team a clearer sense of what it will take to win it all (again).

At the same time, I greatly enjoy the idea that we might be a recurring nightmare to them - the team that they think they should beat every time, and often do. Except when it really counts.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

11. Likes SonofScray, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a weird one, we should be expecting everything listed in the OP to take place. We know it's a tough contest in front of us and there is some spice coming our way. I suspect we're good enough, but the margins are real thin. We're going to need to shop early. Might need to break another larynx.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    It's a weird one, we should be expecting everything listed in the OP to take place. We know it's a tough contest in front of us and there is some spice coming our way. I suspect we're good enough, but the margins are real thin. We're going to need to shop early. Might need to break another larynx.
    why stop at one. Bring back Redpath for the game, does a Yeates on Dermie to Toby Greene at the first bounce, lines him up from our full forward square. Then turns around and legs it back to the other end and actually punches Davis properly this time taking out cogs and whitfield on the way through
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

'I feel sorry for whoever he does get': Giants to unleash de Boer on Dogs midfield

Suspect Bont'll gladly put his hand up and invite him over.
    I'm still grateful to Firrito for teaching the Bont how to be 'footy tough'.
    West talks about how 'Brian Royal taught him.

That one incident where Bonti smothered Firrito's kick then smiled and bumped him was the exact moment in time he transformed into a senior footballer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Haynes might actually play, he's line ball.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

1 I am not a fan of people declaring how good De Boer is, he is not within light years of any of our mids.
    2. Stop or limit Cameron and Green and the plastics melt.
    They are scared of us , NOT us of them.

18. Likes MrMahatma, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Haynes might actually play, he's line ball.
    Haynes will play. It is their last roll of the dice. The break will help them more than us. They are nearly at full strength. Need to stop Tarranto and Hopper as well. They get off the leash they will hurt you as much as Whitfield. We need to start well and go with them early. We will wear them down with match fitness but if they get a sniff they will be hard to pull back. They are good front runners. They will throw so many cheap shots so we need to be prepared. Mummy will drop knees and use knees to take out as many as he can. I think whoever wins this will make the big dance.

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    why stop at one. Bring back Redpath for the game, does a Yeates on Dermie to Toby Greene at the first bounce, lines him up from our full forward square. Then turns around and legs it back to the other end and actually punches Davis properly this time taking out cogs and whitfield on the way through
    After watching Redpath play for Deer Park, no way he could even catch Toby Greene - he would be lucky to keep up with Mumford. And he will be playing for the Parkers against Altona on Saturday.

Could use Perkins though - he has a 3 week holiday thanks to his liberal use of his fists against Spotswood last week.

Or we could bring in Jordan Sweet to take on Mummy, and Greene, and de Boer, and anyone else who wants to go the knuckle.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    After watching Redpath play for Deer Park, no way he could even catch Toby Greene - he would be lucky to keep up with Mumford. And he will be playing for the Parkers against Altona on Saturday.

Could use Perkins though - he has a 3 week holiday thanks to his liberal use of his fists against Spotswood last week.

Or we could bring in Jordan Sweet to take on Mummy, and Greene, and de Boer, and anyone else who wants to go the knuckle.
    am seeing loads of pics on shane biggs insta of red smashing tins.
    The dam wall has busted!