Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Lloyd

Had a great 2019 season for us providing some forward grunt. I wish San all the best for what he does next after footy.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Perhaps couldn't guarantee him a spot in the senior team.

Good luck to Sam. Played some really good footy for us.
    I would have thought that would have been asked and answered at the end of season reviews or by the end of the trade period
    Perhaps the Hannan and Treloar inclusions have played a part in reducing the number of available spots in a crammed forward line to the point where Lloyd knows that he's got at least 9 preferred players in front of him

Post Thanks / Like

According to C7 news Sam has been given the opportunity to work as a builder and has decided that the long term opportunity/security is better than one more year on an AFL list with no guarantee of playing senior football.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon he's a country boy at heart who doesn't yearn to live in Melbourne and will happily move to somewhere like Geelong/Bellarine, play suburban footy, become a builder and be very happy.

Thanks Sam

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sam. Was fun hollering “Lloydy”, especially in 2019. Enjoyed your pretty reliable goal kicking & endeavour. That shoulder injury in 2020 came at a bad time as I was sensing you were really putting in some good defensive work. Still, you played way more AFL games than many. All the best with your career in building.

Post Thanks / Like

Salute to you sam, you were pretty very good in 2019 and it won’t be forgotten.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -