Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things that you've learned, finals week one V GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It's not just players that push the edge when it comes to Greene. He is a dirty little slime, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.
    Saying that he plays on the edge is insulting to players who go out every week and put their heads over the footy and try to win it fairly.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Saying that he plays on the edge is insulting to players who go out every week and put their heads over the footy and try to win it fairly.
    Libba plays on the edge, but is not a dirty player - Greene is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If ever there came a dark day that the Western Bulldogs took that slime in as one of our own, I'd seriously reconsider my membership and support of the club. We don't have scumbags like him.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

4. Likes bornadog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    If ever there came a dark day that the Western Bulldogs took that slime in as one of our own, I'd seriously reconsider my membership and support of the club. We don't have scumbags like him.
    My membership would be gone if we ever considered this scumbag and I have seen some dirty players in my time. Doesn't need to do all the I am tough stuff as he is actually a very good footballer. Scumbag all the same.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

If we accepted Big Bad Baz i dont see why we wouldnt Greene.
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Baz admitted his shortcomings. Grub doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. Vastly different people.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And Akermanis.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Baz admitted his shortcomings. Grub doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. Vastly different people.
    Seem like similar scum bags to me, Barry was a bigger 'thug' than Greene IMO. Didnt he get sacked recently for a disgusting comment?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on, not only did we accept Baz, he was revered for his toughness.
    Many fans are fickle with their standards once a player arrives at the club, one years bad boy will quickly become a fan favourite if they win a game or two
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seem like similar scum bags to me, Barry was a bigger 'thug' than Greene IMO. Didnt he get sacked recently for a disgusting comment?
    Disagree, completely different people. As I've said, Hall admitted wrongdoing, Grub thinks he's fine. Yes, it was a stupid comment, and Hall was the scapegoat for the whole room full of idiots (including the guy who started the discussion, about his own wife.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Spot on, not only did we accept Baz, he was revered for his toughness.
    Many fans are fickle with their standards once a player arrives at the club, one years bad boy will quickly become a fan favourite if they win a game or two
    Nope. Hall's transgressions never occurred at our club, he owned up to all of them, and worked hard to turn himself around. Grub kicks people in the face, gouges people in the face, and shrugs his shoulders smugly.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Hall's transgressions never occurred at our club, he owned up to all of them, and worked hard to turn himself around. Grub kicks people in the face, gouges people in the face, and shrugs his shoulders smugly.
    Barry king hits people and does the same. Didn't he even do it to Chris Grant of all people?

Hall is from a family of thugs(rumour is the Hall family scared the Hells Angels out of town) and I was lucky enough to see him play from Broadford in the KDFL playing under age football, he made Greene look like a saint. I really don't get the difference apart from one wearing our colours at some stage.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Barry king hits people and does the same. Didn't he even do it to Chris Grant of all people?

Hall is from a family of thugs(rumour is the Hall family scared the Hells Angels out of town) and I was lucky enough to see him play from Broadford in the KDFL playing under age football, he made Greene look like a saint. I really don't get the difference apart from one wearing our colours at some stage.
    I don't deal in rumours, and the Hall family isn't the discussion here. As I've already said, he owned up to his transgressions, I can't see Grub doing the same. I've explained the difference as I see it, no point going over it again.

Post Thanks / Like

He's hardly been a model player, commentator or citizen for that matter. Good on him for trying to turn things around but...
    While I'm no fan of Greene if some are going to look at Hall's career in splendid isolation then surely Greene should be given a bit more time to turn things around himself
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's hardly been a model player, commentator or citizen for that matter. Good on him for trying to turn things around but...
    While I'm no fan of Greene if some are going to look at Hall's career in splendid isolation then surely Greene should be given a bit more time to turn things around himself
    Yeah, it does seem a bit selective to me.

I'd be fine with us picking up Greene if Bevo thought it was a good idea and would support him as I did Bazza(even though I never warmed to him)
    The curse is dead.