Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things that you've learned, finals week one V GWS.

Whatever. I'm out,as I would be if we ever stooped so low to get Grub a spot at the Kennel.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah, it does seem a bit selective to me.

I'd be fine with us picking up Greene if Bevo thought it was a good idea and would support him as I did Bazza(even though I never warmed to him)
    I don't want Greene because he's a dickhead and we have done a good job of avoiding those types in recent years but I do think many would accept him if he was somehow to arrive
    I'm pretty confident we won't have to cross that bridge anyway
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Whatever. I'm out,as I would be if we ever stooped so low to get Grub a spot at the Kennel.
    You might never but I suspect that in time some would come around
    I'll always endeavor to put my affiliation with the club over any dislike for players
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I get the emotion, but you can’t honestly suggest you wouldn’t want Greene over Trengove running around for us?
    Honestly

Post Thanks / Like

He's a heart and soul player. FWIW his team mates love him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    because they are either thugs or wannabe thugs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree, completely different people. As I've said, Hall admitted wrongdoing, Grub thinks he's fine. Yes, it was a stupid comment, and Hall was the scapegoat for the whole room full of idiots (including the guy who started the discussion, about his own wife.)
    completely agree with this. Besides Barry admitted what he did and promised the dogs he would behave, and he did.

Until now, the game has been cleaned up over the past 10 years. What Greene has done, two weeks in a row is one of the lowest gutless acts you can do. I don’t care how good he is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot about Barry Hall, but what a great example.

So Barry Hall, who was an absolute thug who should have missed a grand final for his actions, infamously whacked an unsuspecting Staker and had numerous on and off field indiscretions that could have all had huge ramifications for victims and their lives (seriously read his book, horrific) is fine to play for us because as he approached the end of his career he apologised and promised to behave, which he kind of did (Scott Thompson incident and radio comments aside), is fine to play for us.

Tony Liberatore, who had dirty incidents including scratching/clawing and a ing hit on Knights which was apparently now only "opportunistic" is a club legend and hero.

I don't want Greene, but based on the above as long as he apologises later in his career and makes a few promises to be good he is fine to come across. Lets face it the main reason we hate him is because a lot of his more prominent incidents came against us, not other teams.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

So if Toby makes a few dodgy promises about never ever doing it again like Barry did(even though he did do it again in our colours cough 'Scott Thompson' cough) we'd all be fine with it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Comparing Hall putting Thompson in a headlock to Grub kicking people and gouging their eyes is complete nonsense.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Comparing Hall putting Thompson in a headlock to Grub kicking people and gouging their eyes is complete nonsense.
    That was post coming down. Really it's eye gouging vs the hit on Staker and/or Grant.

Less clear cut then isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Barry king hits people and does the same. Didn't he even do it to Chris Grant of all people?

Hall is from a family of thugs(rumour is the Hall family scared the Hells Angels out of town) and I was lucky enough to see him play from Broadford in the KDFL playing under age football, he made Greene look like a saint. I really don't get the difference apart from one wearing our colours at some stage.
    Barry wears a nice earring.

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That was post coming down. Really it's eye gouging vs the hit on Staker and/or Grant.

Less clear cut then isn't it?
    Not really, Hall never denied doing those things. Grub thinks he’s completely innocent.

Post Thanks / Like

Barry was pretty contrite and knew he had massively effed up. Greene is a sociapath with no regard for his opponents or remorse for his actions - the last 2 weeks are just further proof and will just continue to do thuggish **** until he retires. Then he’ll likely go on to bash more security guards when he’s a washed up has been.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Reckon this holds about as much water as his captain and coach trotting out the rote good bloke defence in the past week. They'd be pretty used to it by now.
    BORDERLINE FLYING