Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things that you've learned, finals week one V GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lol did you see our inside 50 count? And the nature of the way it entered? They beat us up everywhere, even JMacs 32 touches were always under pressure and entirely ineffective.
    It's true, our midfield got massacred and didn't deal with an insane level of pressure that I didn't think the Plastics had in them.

But our forwards were still big trash. There is still an obligation to try and create chicken salad and they didn't fire a shot.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    1. We salvaged a little bit from what was looking like a catastrophic season. The profile of the 22 leaves us susceptible to performances like that. Coaches haven’t managed that risk very well at times and yesterday was an example.

2. The Bob/Wood/Bevo cuddly leadership has its place, but we were bereft of ability to match the dirty footy they confronted us with. We need a capacity to summon some violence. 3 goals and a fight early in the third was the recipe for success.

3. Wood played a very good, captain’s game. Proud of his finish to the season. He can hand over the captaincy if he wants but he showed his true colours when it counted.
    Easton remains captain for mine. Really led from the front yesterday and didn't take any sh1t from that Crispr experiment gone wrong Greene.

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The GWS pregame movies were Blood Sucking Freaks and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

2. The Dogs pregame movies were The Sound of Music and Bambi.

3. The umps pregame movies were Escape from New York, The Godfather and See No Evil.
    Footscray member since 1980.

5. Likes westbulldog, Twice Bitten, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    1. The GWS pregame movies were Blood Sucking Freaks and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

2. The Dogs pregame movies were The Sound of Music and Bambi.

3. The umps pregame movies were Escape from New York, The Godfather and See No Evil.
    Classic.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Plastics played filthy rough and physical at the player footy . We need to build our strength there and bridge that GAP being a young team
    2. We need a bash and grab ruckman , Ryder if fit would be a good compliment . English was out muscled by Mumford the brute
    Trengrove would have matched that . Selection was wrong here I felt .
    3: we need a plan b when our outside run is muffled
    4. FfS fix our goal kicking . Bonts, McLean , Lippa and DAle set shot misses killed our momentum. We had them on the ropes and those misses were deflating
    5. Our players now know what finals footy level is about and they need to step up
    6. We need to get more games into Lewis young , and he becomes our KPD .

More than 3 but things to improve on, but tough lessons . Not intended to come across as negative here , but it was a brave effort by the boys for 3 quarters

Post Thanks / Like

1. We need to recruit a topline KPD or next year is same same and no different. Cordy gets killed by selectors and gets whacked by power forwards.
    2. Sweet needs to have a good pre-season to be a ruck back-up or we recruit an experienced ruck.
    3. Getting punched hard in the guts doesn't do anyone any good, the Bont copped it from Himmelberg who must get time. One less than stellar game and woofers are into him, bit shallow imo - don't forget that he won the coaches award for the BEST player in the comp.

9. Likes azabob, Twice Bitten liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We were no match for GWS playing filthy. That needs to change over summer - we’ll never be a serious contender if we can be beaten up so easily.

2. The Bulldogs faithful can turn out in force. Despite the result, I was genuinely proud to be in amongst the sea of red, white and blue. And there would have been even more if not for the stupid Sydney winds.

3. Barracking hard for a losing team can still be good clean fun. Props to the group of six guys sitting in the row behind us yesterday, they were making me laugh even when the result was dead and buried yesterday and the kept it G rated.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Easton remains captain for mine. Really led from the front yesterday and didn't take any sh1t from that Crispr experiment gone wrong Greene.
    Just read Easton quoted after the game and Toby Greene stomped on his foot. What a guy.

He had an interesting verbal battle with Giants forward Toby Greene throughout the match and he laughed when asked about the interaction between the two.

"He may or may not have stood on my boot," Wood said.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The Coach bashing is bullshit
    2. The week off is a momentum killer
    3. We will be better next year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    1. We were no match for GWS playing filthy. That needs to change over summer - we’ll never be a serious contender if we can be beaten up so easily.

2. The Bulldogs faithful can turn out in force. Despite the result, I was genuinely proud to be in amongst the sea of red, white and blue. And there would have been even more if not for the stupid Sydney winds.

3. Barracking hard for a losing team can still be good clean fun. Props to the group of six guys sitting in the row behind us yesterday, they were making me laugh even when the result was dead and buried yesterday and the kept it G rated.
    They played filthy because we allowed them to. That's what was most disappointing. The more experienced guys never stood up and allowed it to happen. Guys had their heads rubbed in the ground, gang tackled with knees dropped in and blatantly hit but no one jumped in. GWS took advantage of it. Davis/Greene and Mumford certainly let them know it as well. Libber, Biggsy and Clay wouldn't have copped it. That was the difference. We need some hardened players to help some of the kids and protect them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1. The Coach bashing is bullshit
    2. The week off is a momentum killer
    3. We will be better next year.
    Nobody is coach bashing but FFS it’s pretty clear we were out coached. It happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Nobody is coach bashing but FFS it’s pretty clear we were out coached. It happens.
    I went though the thread again and I can't see that the coaches have scapegoated. Just doesn't seem to be an accurate observation
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure being outworked, fluffing your lines and not adapting to pressure is the same as being out coached.

To me it wasn’t complicated, and had very little to do with coaching.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not sure being outworked, fluffing your lines and not adapting to pressure is the same as being out coached.

To me it wasn’t complicated, and had very little to do with coaching.
    Spot on jee
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Spot on jee
    But you said there was coach bashing. Do you stand by that?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"