Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things that you've learned, finals week one V GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    But you said there was coach bashing. Do you stand by that?
    Yes..........
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes..........
    Can you provide the examples? I can't see them clearly in this thread
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not sure being outworked, fluffing your lines and not adapting to pressure is the same as being out coached.

To me it wasn’t complicated, and had very little to do with coaching.
    It's good that you often provide the clarity for BAD, Appreciated
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think everyone's been pretty level after such a disappointing loss. Not a lot of bashing of any sort.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you provide the examples? I can't see them clearly in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    1. We were horribly out coached - a real blight on the coaches today.
    This comment has been made every single game we lose. Fine that is TBB opinion and has every right to think that, and I have every right to express my opinion. But it is just one of many in other threads by some others, but I won't go fishing.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just stumbled into this. I thought the last 24 hours was quite respectful after such a bad loss amongst passionate members who see matters slightly differently. Bomber blitz on Thursday night was 'bashing'.

So far I've read today that there's been 'coach bashing', everyone 'turned on Bonts' and that the forum is 'overreaction central'. I find this all distasteful that the forum and its members are targeted by others for having and expressing their personal perspectives on coaching, Bonts set shot miss 'moment' or whatever led to the overreaction central comment. Toby Greene has been by far and away the most passionate topic. We can all disagree and pull a part the arguments of each other with respect, but if people can't handle reading others posts without calling them bashers, back turners and chronic over reactors then ask how this contributes to the discourse you feel is lacking. Which I haven't seen.

Fu*k Toby Greene.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It's good that you often provide the clarity for BAD, Appreciated
    Ha, it's funny if that's what it seems...…………..he's a big boy and can speak for himself!

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just re coaching I guess "out" coached is hard to gauge, I definitely hate mids rucking and think this to be poor coaching, in which I include selection. Yesterday I thought we struggled with the De Boer tag and Whitfield seemed to do as he pleased without much done. Having said that who knows what's happening in the box so we all speculate, let off steam at times and use the forum to express this.
    Legitimate question, do the coaches have a review? Would they make any different decisions on the day or prior in relation to this game? I'm genuinely interested if someone knows cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Just re coaching I guess "out" coached is hard to gauge, I definitely hate mids rucking and think this to be poor coaching, in which I include selection. Yesterday I thought we struggled with the De Boer tag and Whitfield seemed to do as he pleased without much done. Having said that who knows what's happening in the box so we all speculate, let off steam at times and use the forum to express this.
    Legitimate question, do the coaches have a review? Would they make any different decisions on the day or prior in relation to this game? I'm genuinely interested if someone knows cheers!
    Forgetting about the dirty tactics of GWS, I just think we were not on our game yesterday, it felt like we were rusty, and the ball just didn't bounce our way. GWS stopped our run and carry with great pressure, and their mature bodies were too strong.

Could we have brought in another player, Trengove, or Dickson, or Williams - I don't think the result would have been much different. The mids were killed and that is our engine room. As for the rucking, well, we were being beaten and we threw in a few guys to try and change things up - not a big deal.

The contested possessions differential was 42 in their favour, they beat us in stoppages, clearances and centre clearances, even though hitouts were only 8 different (our best result for the year)

I am still scratching my head why Wood decided to kick into the wind in the first quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't Wood have been directed to kick that way to start off with?

I think the rucking using midfielders was originally started to break the tag on Bont. It worked well at first so I think that is why it was persisted with.

In hindsight we should have found a spot for Trengove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Wouldn't Wood have been directed to kick that way to start off with?

I think the rucking using midfielders was originally started to break the tag on Bont. It worked well at first so I think that is why it was persisted with.

In hindsight we should have found a spot for Trengove.
    Yes I think that's right re Bont in the ruck. Giants came in with a plan to stop Marcus as a priority, it worked and forced us to change our primary game plan.
    I struggled to watch was waiting for Mummy to cave in a Bont rib! It definitely coincided with our best form in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Trengove and Dickson should of been in
    2. Hayse, West and Young are to green for finals football (although i don't know who'd we'd replace them with)
    3. Umpires are nuffties and clearly turned a blind eye to some bad GWS tactics
    4. We got outplayed
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes I think that's right re Bont in the ruck. Giants came in with a plan to stop Marcus as a priority, it worked and forced us to change our primary game plan.
    I struggled to watch was waiting for Mummy to cave in a Bont rib! It definitely coincided with our best form in the game.
    Bont was actually really strong in some of the contests as well.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I would do differently given the Bont assault and likelihood that other clubs will follow. Should we see that sort of ill spirited effort again:

1. Offer Bont some physical protection. Obvious.
    2. Pick out a different opponent, removed from the Bont negation and go postal. I would have started scragging Perryman or one of their no names, thrown him into the fence or something. It'd be a big distraction and shift the focus. The game needed us to hit the scoreboard and then start a proper fight.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We got a little caught up in our game plan and didn’t prepare for the physicality of finals footy.
    2. GWS are such an elite team skillswise when they are in - but they have no heart
    3. The umpires did not cost us the game, but some of that conduct in the first quarter which wasn’t penalised was disgraceful! Himmelbergs closed fist punch to Bonts chest, greene on bont after the balls dead. It’s disgraceful that wasn’t stamped out. We need to be ready for a physical game.

4. Have to find something good, JJs run through the middle in the second quarter was gorgeous