Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m disappointed but proud of our Bulldogs in 2019

While the game today was a let down I believe that our rise up the ladder from 2018 to 2019 by 6 spots (13th to 7th) to make the finals is a great achievement considering the position we were at the bye.

We have unearthed some great kids Naughton, English, Bailey Smith first year player, Lipinski etc who have had good seasons. We have done well at the trade table as well Suckling, Crozier, Durayea and Lloyd have been good contributors.

Now we must build on this going into the 2020 season.

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’m disappointed but proud of our Bulldogs in 2019

I will be in a few days. Still to raw atm.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I will be in a few days. Still to raw atm.
    I understand chef completely. I do feel like that as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

For today's game I am disappointed and certainly not proud of the effort and performance we displayed today.
    We should never accept getting thrashed in the manner we did. That did not do our club proud in my opinion

I have however, the utmost admiration on how we performed as a club in the 2nd half of the season

Hopefully we now might have a better blueprint and understanding of what we need to do to improve for 2020
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep ... that sucked.

Just hoping it’s a repeat of 2015
    WOOF Member 422

7. Likes Eastdog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Yep ... that sucked.

Just hoping it’s a repeat of 2015
    Yeah I was thinking about the parallels to 2015. But I agree that sucked today.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed, but not surprised. Its a big ask to expect us to dominate the Giants the way we did a couple of years ago. We were beaten by a seasoned team, at the height of their Premiership Window.

Will we have learnt anything? I hope so. Positives that I learnt from the game:

1. English - I thought on balance he beat Mummy and certainly to half time he was good;
    2. Hayes - not much of the ball, but there were positive signs of someone who gives his all;
    3. West - for a guy in his 3rd or 4th game he does the hard things. A full season next year and he will be better;
    4. Williams - he will learn from today that finals footy is faster and you don't have the time to do someof the things you can do;
    5. Dale - tough day at the office, shadowed and hassled out of the game. Needs to find a way to impact games when he is not getting much of it - making the chances count
    6. Lewis Young - battled hard. Will learn from today the pace of finals footy is a big difference

All these guys will be better players for the experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Disappointed, but not surprised. Its a big ask to expect us to dominate the Giants the way we did a couple of years ago. We were beaten by a seasoned team, at the height of their Premiership Window.

Will we have learnt anything? I hope so. Positives that I learnt from the game:

1. English - I thought on balance he beat Mummy and certainly to half time he was good;
    2. Hayes - not much of the ball, but there were positive signs of someone who gives his all;
    3. West - for a guy in his 3rd or 4th game he does the hard things. A full season next year and he will be better;
    4. Williams - he will learn from today that finals footy is faster and you don't have the time to do someof the things you can do;
    5. Dale - tough day at the office, shadowed and hassled out of the game. Needs to find a way to impact games when he is not getting much of it - making the chances count
    6. Lewis Young - battled hard. Will learn from today the pace of finals footy is a big difference

All these guys will be better players for the experience.
    Williams was completely un-sighted today.

Eastie - I almost posted in this thread earlier to tell you to go and jam it. Now I'm not going to direct you to do so, but it's still optional!

Just a real sign today that home and away footy is much different than finals footy if your opposition is smarting and has a lot to play for. We were just completely smashed inside and out, and part of that is personnel and some of it is attitude. I think our midfield needs to work harder for each other when the chips are down, we need to execute our skills better off half back. The latter really burned for me today, experienced players really let us down and stopped us from having any chance of moving the ball out when the opportunity presented. So disappointing given that's where a huge amount of our experience lies.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the receiving end of a few good burns already today

The best one was "So it's official that's 3 years of the Bulldogs not playing in the finals since you won the flag"

Anyone else copped a clip on the way through?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

The best one was "So it's official that's 3 years of the Bulldogs not playing in the finals since you won the flag"

Yes, but from Bomber mates who make it too easy. At least I can watch our last flag on HD

14. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    Yes, but from Bomber mates who make it too easy. At least I can watch our last flag on HD
    Not on video cassette
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Yeah ... I've been getting the "Oh no, we suck again!" quotes from Adam Sandler's Water Boy
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

We will be bigger, stronger and even better next year. We played some poor games this year but we also played some incredible games. The Essendon match, with 21 unanswered goals, was just amazing, beating the top of the ladder Geelong, as well as Richmond, Brisbane proved we can match it with the best.

Bring on the trade and drafting and let's take the next step.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said BAD.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure what to make of the year.
    The first half of the season was a complete disaster. Head scratching selections, some of the worst loses under Luke Beveridge as his time as coach.
    Post bye completely different team and some of the best wins in Luke Beveridge coaching career (considering age profile of the team).

Was the season a waste? How we start 2020 will be the judge.

Hopefully we work extremely hard over the pre-season both in the coaches box and on field and don’t expect just to improve.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes josie, Scraggers liked this post