Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  171
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Rat Green Straight to Tribunal

By all accounts Brisbane may have given a damming medical report something we didn't do. The footage is not much clearer than our game so if there is no report then he gets off however if Brisbane tee off then game on and the one week will stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Seven showing different angle.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Seven showing different angle.

Link
    Lowest of low this bloke.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BARRETT: Nothing tough about complex, defiant Toby's latest act

IF THERE was one place Toby Greene's hands simply couldn't, by choice, be placed on Saturday night, then it was on or near the face of the opposition team's best player.

Greene had stupidly done that in week one of the finals, and in an outcome that felt arranged, even contrived, he was fined $7500 after pleading guilty to misconduct against Bulldog Marcus Bontempelli.
    Of course, he was "really apologetic for what I did", too, when he spoke after the Tribunal hearing.

So apologetic that in his very next match, Saturday night's semi-final against Brisbane at the Gabba, he again felt the need to willingly put a hand in the face of a player already pinned to the ground.

Greene has never presented as a normal footballer, and is wired very differently on and off field.
    A genius with Sherrin in hand. Old-fashioned white-line fever. Love, respect, even reverence, from the people he chooses to truly let into his private life. Hatred from supporters of 17 AFL teams. A walking headline. Occasionally, an attitude that has a metaphorical middle finger pointed toward authority.
    On Sunday, AFL Match Review Officer Michael Christian charged Greene with unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the eye region of Lachie Neale, and suspended him from next Saturday's preliminary final against Collingwood.
    The Match Review statement said Greene acted with intent, and made low impact and high contact, meaning a one-match ban.
    Given this entire system is based on opinion anyway, this week, after the Bontempelli issue, there also seemed to be something else factored in: we gave you a chance last week, but you've made us look silly this week.

So, off to the Tribunal, but this time needing to have a case overturned, not merely heard.

Greene is legitimately tough, but moving hands over opponents' faces is not tough.
    And having said all that, unless Neale says he was eye-gouged – and the word is that he won't be saying that because he wasn't – Greene simply has to be at the MCG on Saturday for the preliminary final against Collingwood.
    Where, in keeping with his track record, he could both find himself in a stoush with Scott Pendlebury and also kick four and lead the Giants to their first Grand Final.

Hard to disagree with Grubber much here.

Post Thanks / Like

Our no dickheads policy is working well and respected by supporters. If this slimebag thug ever dons our jumper my 65 year support of the Dogs ceases immediately, simple as that.

7. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d let Greene eye gouge me if it meant him playing for the Dogs.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think the players association should be doing something about this.

Address:
    Level 2
    170 Bridport Street
    Albert Park
    Victoria 3206

Telephone
    03 8651 4300

Email
    info@aflplayers.com.au
    Bravo BAD. I'll send something along the lines of our posts. Football should not be above the law with assault. If a player acts with violence considered assault in Australia, then they must be dealt with by the tribunal in line with the courts. More than fines, $$$; weeks or months. Someone with a bad record who eye gouges someone in going to the court would feel considerably more pressure than a $7,500 fine to someone on $600,000 pa.
    Greene eye gouged the week after a visit to tribunal. If it had been court? It seems he did it because he felt he should have gone to jail for what he did to Bontempelli.
    He seems emotionally undeveloped.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Our no dickheads policy is working well and respected by supporters. If this slimebag thug ever dons our jumper my 65 year support of the Dogs ceases immediately, simple as that.
    I know I would start a protest group at WO if there was any talk of thug Greene in the RWB. I am reasonably confident our current mgt would not want him. Never had contempt for a player as I do for him.

13. Likes Murphy'sLore, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I know I would start a protest group at WO if there was any talk of thug Greene in the RWB. I am reasonably confident our current mgt would not want him. Never had contempt for a player as I do for him.
    I’ll be second in line Josie.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike GWS. I hate the way Greene conducts himself on the football field. However I hope that he gets off and that they defeat Collingwood.

My hatred for Collingwood runs far deeper than any hate for the plastics or Greene. I would barrack for the Pyongyang Pelicans against Collingwood.

17. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I dislike GWS. I hate the way Greene conducts himself on the football field. However I hope that he gets off and that they defeat Collingwood.

My hatred for Collingwood runs far deeper than any hate for the plastics or Greene. I would barrack for the Pyongyang Pelicans against Collingwood.
    I have never understood the hatred for Collingwood.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a very big dislike for Collingwood that stems from youth but my dislike for the plastics has grown more over the short few years.
    I hope the pies flog them and send them out.
    As much as I don't like the out come it looks like Richmond for the flag for my mind.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

What’s your beef with Pyongyang Pelicans? I feel like they would be up against all kinds of adversity and I like that they have chosen the Pelican.

Post Thanks / Like

The Pyongyang Pelicans v Tehran Termites game last year was one for the ages.

I don't dislike Collingwood as much as many others - go pies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The Pyongyang Pelicans v Tehran Termites game last year was one for the ages.

I don't dislike Collingwood as much as many others - go pies!
    I hate GWS more than any other side. I'll be rooting for the Pies in this one.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers