Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  171
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Rat Green Straight to Tribunal

They won’t take any action against Dave Matthews as he’s one of them. Worked with them at City Hall. Appointed to the Giants by City Hall. And upset that City Hall didn’t go by the script the second time in a row.

The big error in all of this is that they stuffed up the Bont eye gouging. The AFL should have appealed that result as the penalty was too lenient, but Steve Hocking and Andrew Dillon fixed up Michael Christian who must surely feel shafted with all of this. He did the right thing to refer the Bont incident direct to the tribunal, but when the league’s footy ops made sure the prosecution only went for a fine, Christian was made to look a real dill.

Dave Matthews’ rant just highlights that he’s just like the rest of them inside the AFL.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

2. Likes Testekill, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    They won’t take any action against Dave Matthews as he’s one of them. Worked with them at City Hall. Appointed to the Giants by City Hall. And upset that City Hall didn’t go by the script the second time in a row.

The big error in all of this is that they stuffed up the Bont eye gouging. The AFL should have appealed that result as the penalty was too lenient, but Steve Hocking and Andrew Dillon fixed up Michael Christian who must surely feel shafted with all of this. He did the right thing to refer the Bont incident direct to the tribunal, but when the league’s footy ops made sure the prosecution only went for a fine, Christian was made to look a real dill.

Dave Matthews’ rant just highlights that he’s just like the rest of them inside the AFL.
    The President Shepard was invited this morning to be on 774 for Peter Gordon's segment but refused. When he came on earlier than Peter, all he could do was whinge about how hard done by GWS is and the Bont should have missed games. Nothig about the behaviour of his player who has been at the tribunal 18 times.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The front nine at Eagle Ridge is an excellent set of holes from the back tees. It's a shame they glammed up the course the way they did, as I think it was a lot better when it had more sand belt styled bunkering around the greens. My uncle used to be the pro there, and I'd spend a lot of time there on school holidays and was lucky enough to work on the ground staff from the age of 12!
    I played Eagle Ridge once 29 years ago, in a penant match representing Emerald and beat Eagle Ridge's captain 6 and 5. I loved the course. Then I joined E.R. for a season in 2016/17 and I agree Jeemak the olderr version was less glam more raw sand belt but it was great to share the Bulldogs premiership season with a bunch of Irish Bulldog supporters.

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene is some kind of hero now, out for redemption. Makes me sick...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Greene is some kind of hero now, out for redemption. Makes me sick...
    Well in his defence his mum came forward and said he’s actually a really nice and warm guy.

She was in Broome on holiday when he eye gouged 2 players.

Oh yeah, he also has worked really hard. And he is really excited about playing in a grand final.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Well in his defence his mum came forward and said he’s actually a really nice and warm guy.

Oh yeah, he also has worked really hard. And he is really excited about playing in a grand final.
    Vomit.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahahahaha is that legit or what?..... that is classic people being paid to get shit done imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I played Eagle Ridge once 29 years ago, in a penant match representing Emerald and beat Eagle Ridge's captain 6 and 5. I loved the course. Then I joined E.R. for a season in 2016/17 and I agree Jeemak the olderr version was less glam more raw sand belt but it was great to share the Bulldogs premiership season with a bunch of Irish Bulldog supporters.
    Where are you playing now? I heard the membership got a bit funny at ER over the last decade...…..it's actually quite a unique club for the region now and not too stressful on a windy day compared to some of the other Peninsula courses.

I miss having a hit, I've got an absentee membership at Woodlands due to living abroad - really miss the course.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Stephen Thomson's former country club coming out and saying he never used to be like that in the lower leagues.
    Some people want the spotlight.
    Go Tigers.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Where are you playing now? I heard the membership got a bit funny at ER over the last decade...…..it's actually quite a unique club for the region now and not too stressful on a windy day compared to some of the other Peninsula courses.
    Moderators and WOOFERs, please excuse me.

I miss having a hit, I've got an absentee membership at Woodlands due to living abroad - really miss the course.
    Injured my shoulder, not playing and missing it. Thinking of moving to Ballarat and playing there. Have lived across the road from Peninsula and Long Island for last 10 years which were both originally designed by Gordon Oliver who also originally designed Emerald.
    Yeh ER the membership there is overwhelmingly from the displaced membership from Carrington Park, and they are a great bunch of my demographic: 65 yo, lot of Bulldog supporters of Irish heritage, haha. Very small membership. The guy that owns it (Malaysian? Singaporean?) is about to throw millions at place including drilling into aquifer for hot spas. Jamie Durie landscaped the tees and surrounds including clumping plants that swallow your ball and should never be on a course. As you say it was better originally.
    Hope you get to have a regular hit again Jeemak. I'm used to having big breaks from golf, started playing in my thirties and never played for more than a couple of years in a row. Haven't had a hit since my shoulder injury and hope it is minimally affected.
    Moderators and WOOFERs, please excuse me.

Post Thanks / Like

We should have a WOOF golf day.

How about Royal Spotswood (Westgate) given that it's the closest course to the ground-and it's easy to get a booking.

There's a great story about Bill Clinton looking out of the window of Air Force one as they taxied in to land at the Point Cook airport and seeing the Medway golf course. He calls one of his secret service guys and says "I wouldn't mind having a round on that course, get it organized.

So after they have landed the secret service guy rings the pro shop at Medway, explains who he is and says that the president of the USA wants to play a round at the course while he is in Melbourne. "Ripper" says the pro shop "when does he want to play?" the secret service guy says that the only time the president has available is on Wednesday afternoon. The pro sucks his teeth and says "Wednesday? Ahhhh, Is that the only day he has available?" "yep" says the SS guy "is there a problem with Wednesday?" "well yeah" says the pro "it's just that wednesday is ladies day!!!!!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Heard similar with different twists TD. My dad died in 1964 (the year you were born in Byron St) but was a member at Medway and when we moved to The Basin I became best mates with an Adrian Papworth whose Dad was Harry who was Medway champion 14 times and Peter Thomson said was best amateur in Aus. and would have been a great pro.
    But Harry and his wife being good catholics pumped out a baby each year and ended up with seven boys straight then finally a girl then mum died so Harry had no chance.
    All the Papworths were Bulldog through and through with the second boy playing for North but his quads fell apart literally when he was climbing a ladder, according to Harry.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 27-09-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a pathetic puff piece on the Tip Rat by Slobbo Robbo in today's Hun. It is vomit inducing to read the views of people like Sheedy, Brereton, Brown lauding the way this coward plays.
    And we are supposed to have sympathy for Greene because his parents split up - hello! If every kid in his situation ran amuck as a teenager we'd all be living behind barricades!
    But worst of all NO MENTION of his assault, in company, of a middle-aged security guard at a Melbourne venue. The bloke now has PTSD and is suing Greene in a civil court. Maybe Slobbo Robbo doesn't read the papers.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Thanks Mutz thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    What a pathetic puff piece on the Tip Rat by Slobbo Robbo in today's Hun. It is vomit inducing to read the views of people like Sheedy, Brereton, Brown lauding the way this coward plays.
    And we are supposed to have sympathy for Greene because his parents split up - hello! If every kid in his situation ran amuck as a teenager we'd all be living behind barricades!
    But worst of all NO MENTION of his assault, in company, of a middle-aged security guard at a Melbourne venue. The bloke now has PTSD and is suing Greene in a civil court. Maybe Slobbo Robbo doesn't read the papers.
    I can only think that maybe the case is subject to sub judice and mentioning it in the media could taint a potential jury?

I'm betting that they wouldn't let any legal niceties get in the way of the mob vengeance if it were a bulldog player in the dock.

Burn him, he's a witch!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

You are probably right but it has been reported in the press recently.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."