Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  171
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Rat Green Straight to Tribunal

GWs President still whinging this morning about Bont's bump on Haynes and Bont only getting a fine. GWS just don't get it and defending Greene says alot about their culture.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Testekill, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    GWs President still whinging this morning about Bont's bump on Haynes and Bont only getting a fine. GWS just don't get it and defending Greene says alot about their culture.
    I understand him defending his player, but by god if you're referring to that SEN interview he sounded petulant and combative.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I understand him defending his player, but by god if you're referring to that SEN interview he sounded petulant and combative.
    It was their CEO, Dave Matthews, and was quite the salty interview, akin to a toddler hearing the word 'no' from their parents (the AFL) for the first time and throwing the toys out of the cot.

Bont winning the Brownlow next week would top things off nicely.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel weird agreeing with Barrett:

If
    you are going to continue to manufacture outcomes, as happened with Toby Greene when he rag-dolled the head of Marcus Bontempelli ...

then
    the whole system is terribly exposed by those arrangements when the subject continues to a) place his hands on an opponent's face, and b) stick his middle finger up at authority.

7. Likes Mofra, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I have no idea what you just said but I’m playing eagle ridge this weekend.
    Keep the ball in play off the tee and play conservatively if you want a good score. It is rated the hardest course in Vic at 147.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Keep the ball in play off the tee and play conservatively if you want a good score. It is rated the hardest course in Vic at 147.
    The front nine at Eagle Ridge is an excellent set of holes from the back tees. It's a shame they glammed up the course the way they did, as I think it was a lot better when it had more sand belt styled bunkering around the greens. My uncle used to be the pro there, and I'd spend a lot of time there on school holidays and was lucky enough to work on the ground staff from the age of 12!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't agree with it, I can understand their frustration at Bontempelli not getting suspended for the Haynes bump. The decision to not suspend was made prior to the GWS medical report becoming public. That is not Bontempelli's, nor the AFL's fault. Using that example to compare the punishment for Greenes on-field indiscretions are ludicrous.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    Although I don't agree with it, I can understand their frustration at Bontempelli not getting suspended for the Haynes bump. The decision to not suspend was made prior to the GWS medical report becoming public. That is not Bontempelli's, nor the AFL's fault. Using that example to compare the punishment for Greenes on-field indiscretions are ludicrous.
    They really have a boner for us. The Bontempelli incident continually being raised by them is makes me laugh, that he was sited for it in the first place was a disgrace.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Sedat, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They really have a boner for us. The Bontempelli incident continually being raised by them is makes me laugh, that he was sited for it in the first place was a disgrace.
    A Bont Brownlow would be the icing on a very tasty cake
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot understand the whole media world and the bunch of ex footballers carrying on about the suspension of Greene. When guys like Redpath and Hunter were done for ridiculous soft hits, not one word was said. The Redpath one which ended up 2 weeks plus one for a challenge was the worse decision ever by a tribunal.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot understand the whole media world and the bunch of ex footballers carrying on about the suspension of Greene. When guys like Redpath and Hunter were done for ridiculous soft hits, not one word was said. The Redpath one which ended up 2 weeks plus one for a challenge was the worse decision ever by a tribunal.
    Yep, guess it’s not cool to defend a battler like Redpath.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, guess it’s not cool to defend a battler like Redpath.
    The way these guys have come out carrying on like pork chops just astounds me.

Post Thanks / Like

wouldn't it be nice to hear someone from GWS talk about Greene's behaviour. Admit he has a poor records and that he needs to control himself more. But no. It's whinge whinge whinge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    wouldn't it be nice to hear someone from GWS talk about Greene's behaviour. Admit he has a poor records and that he needs to control himself more. But no. It's whinge whinge whinge.
    This is a fantastic point. So far GWS from the CEO down have defended and complained and carried on about how hard done by they are. These are supposed professional people. And supposed Adults. He twice tried to scratch another players eyes. A filthy act. He has been done for spitting and kicking. When will someone condone this behaviour and admit we need to do something about this. Anyone hear Bartel a board member say that he doesn’t care what he carries on like as long as he plays good footy. If this is their attitude from a board member what hope has the rest of the club got.

23. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/matthews-there-wasnt-a-shred-of-evidence-against-toby-greene/

Michael Christian played in a premiership for Collingwood and it feels like we’ve been playing Collingwood all week
    Giants CEO Dave Matthews actually said that.

Live to air.

He just blatantly accused the AFL's Match Review Officer, and the tribunal and appeals board by extension, of corruption and bias.

That was a club CEO. Not sone random punter, a club official.

And the AFL have already stated they'll take no action over it.

I've never hated this sick excuse for a club more than I do right now.