Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  171
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Rat Green Straight to Tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I hope they took him to the holding cells under the ground, where there used to be big blind spots around the cameras, and mercilessly beat the living piss out of him. Head butting a woman you *!*!*!*!ing weak *!*!*!*!.

Intentionally causing serious injury. Enjoy you holiday at Barwon Prison you piece of shit.
    You do know that he has issues and has battled mental illness.

I would hope that Police would not do what you have advocated. They cannot be judge and jury.

He also requires medication to help him fight his illness and addictions
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I battle mental illness. Tom Boyd battles mental illness. Lin Jong has battled mental illness. Two dogs has talked about addiction.

Fun fact. None of us have violently head butted a police woman. Mental illness, addiction or medication isn’t proof of anything.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I battle mental illness. Tom Boyd battles mental illness. Lin Jong has battled mental illness. Two dogs has talked about addiction.

Fun fact. None of us have violently head butted a police woman. Mental illness, addiction or medication isn’t proof of anything.
    I am not defending him, but to advocate violence by Police is just not on. Let the courts deal with it.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am not defending him, but to advocate violence by Police is just not on.
    I disagree. You want to fight the police, then fight. You give the hits, you take the hits. Police aren’t punching bags despite what the courts think. They have every right to exercise force. Having been violently attacked, way too many numerous times, I think I can speak from the realities of the war of violence on police and not abstract talking points. I doubt we will change anyone’s minds so back to footy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes SonofScray, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. You want to fight the police, then fight. You give the hits, you take the hits. Police aren’t punching bags despite what the courts think. They have every right to exercise force. Having been violently attacked, way too many numerous times, I think I can speak from the realities of the war of violence on police and not abstract talking points. I doubt we will change anyone’s minds so back to footy.
    You said the Police should take him around the back and fix him up. If they do this then they are no better than him.

Post Thanks / Like

You said the Police should take him around the back and fix him up. If they do this then they are no better than him.
    Spoken like someone with no experience of a violent attack on themselves or a close work colleague. These members are out there doing a near impossible job, going into places we don’t want to go. At times we don’t want to be there. With people who we want nothing to do with. Dealing with drugs, weapons and violence that we don’t want near us or our loved ones. Yet we can stand back and critique about how they may or may not deal with these things we avoid.

I think police exercising force against a violent offenders is a lot different than violent offenders serious injuring a police woman by means of head butting her. That’s s false equivalence, like introducing mental illness, addiction and medication into the discussion. Which (you wouldn’t know) shits me to tears, as it reinforces the stigma of mental illness. Most people dealing with anxiety or depression, or emergency/armed services dealing with PTSD are not at all violent or even a slight risk to others. But the media and people link them all the time and wonder why the stigma of mental illness is still massive. I wonder why...

Anyway, bring on the silly season.

Post Thanks / Like

Spoken like someone with no experience of a violent attack on themselves or a close work colleague. These members are out there doing a near impossible job, going into places we don’t want to go. At times we don’t want to be there. With people who we want nothing to do with. Dealing with drugs, weapons and violence that we don’t want near us or our loved ones. Yet we can stand back and critique about how they may or may not deal with these things we avoid.

I think police exercising force against a violent offenders is a lot different than violent offenders serious injuring a police woman by means of head butting her. That’s s false equivalence, like introducing mental illness, addiction and medication into the discussion. Which (you wouldn’t know) shits me to tears, as it reinforces the stigma of mental illness. Most people dealing with anxiety or depression, or emergency/armed services dealing with PTSD are not at all violent or even a slight risk to others. But the media and people link them all the time and wonder why the stigma of mental illness is still massive. I wonder why...

Anyway, bring on the silly season.
    Sorry BT I cannot agree with this:

I hope they took him to the holding cells under the ground, where there used to be big blind spots around the cameras, and mercilessly beat the living piss out of him.

12. Likes Throughandthrough, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't choose your family, and this sounds like a really horrible incident and situation in general.

I hope the police officer is OK.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry BT I cannot agree with this:
    You don’t have to. But in my book, if you start a violent fight with the police then you take your best shots (this was a most heinous example), but then you get to take some too. This was never an issue with the old school crooks. But nowadays crooks and thugs want to take violent shots and expect the police to be punching bags and when they want to stop expect no recourse. The theory that this piece of shit, start a serious assault and violently head butt a police woman and just have other police calm him down and put him in the naughty corner with no strong physical use of force is kind of hard to make sense. If a woman i loved was head butted violently in front of me, would I use every degree of defence of others and use strong physical force - or wait for the police because I’d be as bad as them? I’d try to rip his head off and see if he could fight someone his own gender. We don’t have to agree, but I’ve only walked in my shoes and that journey is informed by real life experiences like this. I often hear similar things from ex-service men and woman that what they have to deal with in war, in moments, gets overanalysed by people with no direct understanding for months and pass judgements on what should, or is best to occur. So I try to understand their history before passing judgement. But everyone is free to believe what they want. The only important thing is a police woman was violently assaulted and I hope her a speedy recovery and the defendant a long stint at a state prison.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in an area where problems were sorted out with fists and those fights were usually won by the first person to throw a punch. Looking back I'll admit that I've done some things that I am not very proud of but I have NEVER hit a woman, in fact hit a woman* in front of me and let's see how that works out for you.

*A few years ago I was watching telly with my son and the subject of domestic violence came up. I said to him "I've bought you up right, haven't I mate? You know that if you ever raise your hands to a woman then I will personally track you down and take you out of the gene pool?"

He said "Relax dad, you got that message through to me. oh, and BTW if you ever again suggest that I'd hit a woman then I will track YOU down and take you out of the gene pool"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read Toby has had nothing to do with his father. Apparently his father was a hot head, I wonder where Greene learnt that from.
    Agreed not the split up more genetic as this stranger than fiction fact indicates.
    Agreed too that if the split causes less friction then better for kids. Unfortunately my ex subsequently became more hostile even with the kids present.
    What is it with the two Greene men and other people's heads?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Toby's Father will be hoping to get the same tribunal members that Toby did at his hearing. Thankfully football supporters face a different legal process to the players. Perhaps Gerrard and Robbo could mount an impassioned speech on his behalf.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

19. Likes bulldogtragic, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Father Greene couldn’t rig his tribunal today...

9 Months Imprisonment for the assault on the policewoman and associated charges
    2 Year Ban from Alcohol Licensed Venues (inc. pubs, clubs and sporting venues like the MCG)

21. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Year Ban from Alcohol Licensed Venues (inc. pubs, clubs and sporting venues like the MCG)
    Yep let the courts sort it out, and they did.

Post Thanks / Like

Serving time or suspended?