Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  171
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Rat Green Straight to Tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Serving time or suspended?
    Time I believe. Has already served two months on remand.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Time I believe. Has already served two months on remand.
    Are sentences still automatically cut by a third for good behavior?

I always thought that was a huge irony
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

I'm not sure, I'm a while out of the game. WD54 is the man to know the answer. You're right on it being somewhat ironic, Alanis Morrissette should've added that into her song.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure, I'm a while out of the game. WD54 is the man to know the answer. You're right on it being somewhat ironic, Alanis Morrissette should've added that into her song.
    That works given that quite a few things she mentions aren't technically ironic-like rain on your wedding day, well no that's just bad luck unless you are marrying the weather forecaster and they said it was going to be fine but...

Post Thanks / Like

That works given that quite a few things she mentions aren't technically ironic-like rain on your wedding day, well no that's just bad luck unless you are marrying the weather forecaster and they said it was going to be fine but...
    Yeah, it's a catchy tune but most of the things aren't ironic. I thought it was just me that thought the song lyrics misunderstood what irony is (for the most part). Thank goodness WOOF exists for us to dissect it.

7. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's a catchy tune but most of the things aren't ironic. I thought it was just me that thought the song lyrics misunderstood what irony is (for the most part). Thank goodness WOOF exists for us to dissect it.
    What else would we do in the off season?

We have to reanimate the general knowledge quiz that we manage to *!*!*!*! up every year soon too. I *!*!*!*!ing love that quiz and the arguments it provokes!

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What else would we do in the off season?

We have to reanimate the general knowledge quiz that we manage to *!*!*!*! up every year soon too. I *!*!*!*!ing love that quiz and the arguments it provokes!
    I've always thought Alanis M. was very so so. I once saw a concert where she just ran from side-to-side across the stage for 5 minutes. Wtf!
    There is not one instance of irony in the song.

In the 70s there was a Swiss animal lover who traveled to world to observe animals in their natural surroundings.
    He was in his early 80s when he went to Komodo to see the dragons.
    He got eaten by the animals he loved. Isn't it ironic.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I've always thought Alanis M. was very so so. I once saw a concert where she just ran from side-to-side across the stage for 5 minutes. Wtf!

In the 70s there was a Swiss animal lover who traveled to world to observe animals in their natural surroundings.
    They can smell blood from six miles away.

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in Singapore for a few years in the 90s, I once saw a Komodo dragon walking across the street near our apartment. It was on the way to the park. I have no doubt some Singaporean had it as a pet but then it grew so big just let it go.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They are a very impressive animal. Are able to feast on much larger prey because once bitten, even if the victim escapes, the bite site quickly becomes infected due to the virulent bacteria that inhabits the dragon's saliva. Infected wounds smell and the dragon's tongue can detect the smell from miles away. You can run but you cannot hide.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

They are a very impressive animal. Are able to feast on much larger prey because once bitten, even if the victim escapes, the bite site quickly becomes infected due to the virulent bacteria that inhabits the dragon's saliva. Infected wounds smell and the dragon's tongue can detect the smell from miles away. You can run but you cannot hide.
    It's impressive but I'd rather try to escape one of those than come up against a cassowary with chick in the wild.

Far North Queensland 1992 I saw one in the wild with a chick in the Daintree. The tour leader just said "Walk backwards Verrrrry slowly and don't take your eye off it. That thing kills more people than saltwater crocodiles"

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the court set a non-parole period he's serving whatever the court has told him to serve.

All things considered, he hasn't done too badly to only get 9 months.

Ironic is quite possibly one of music's biggest crimes against the English Language.

Post Thanks / Like

People have been taking the piss out of Ironic for years.

TD, your guide was talking BS.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    People have been taking the piss out of Ironic for years.

TD, your guide was talking BS.
    I think he just wanted me to move away from the bird toot sweet. He was keen to take back as many people as he started out with. Thinking about it maybe he said that cassowary have attacked more humans than saltys in the last however long it was?

Did you know that both genders of cassowarys have pseudo penis's that aren’t connected to any of their internal reproductive organs?

More recently, a 75-year-old Florida man was killed by a cassowary he had kept as a pet at his exotic bird farm.

In 1999, Queensland Parks and Wildlife ranger Christopher P. Kofron analyzed 150 documented cassowary-on-human attacks. Twenty-two percent of attacks resulted from the bird defending itself, its eggs, or its chicks, 5 percent were triggered by somebody getting too close to the cassowary’s food, and 73 percent involved a cassowary that associated people with free meals.

There are only two confirmed cassowary deaths in the last 100 odd years. It's ironic that the most recent cassowary death wasn't even in Australia.

Fascinating birds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When I lived in Singapore for a few years in the 90s, I once saw a Komodo dragon walking across the street near our apartment. It was on the way to the park. I have no doubt some Singaporean had it as a pet but then it grew so big just let it go.
    I achieved a life long dream a couple of years back of travelling to Komodo National Park to see the Dragons in the wild.
    Brilliant trip and well worth it, the dragons are as impressive if not more than you imagine them to be.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

19. Likes bornadog, Twodogs, strebla liked this post