Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are we all annoyed with? The Giants, or...

Stevo just soundings like a garden-variety footy forum poster there.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm annoyed that we apparently knew the Giants plans but could do nothing about them...

GWS Giants ‘leak’ match plan details

It’s emerged that the GWS Giants might have a leak.

Sure, they decimated the Western Bulldogs with a 16.17 (113) to 8.7 (55) rout in their elimination final but an hour before the game the Bulldogs camp knew of the Giants’ plans.

That bombshell was dropped by the Seven Network’s Mark Stevens as a guest on SEN radio on Wednesday morning as he told that the Dogs knew about tags on Lachie Hunter and Jason Johannisen and that GWS would look to rough up Marcus Bontempelli.

“At the ground little whispers came out that the Bulldogs knew exactly what GWS were going to do — that Lachie Hunter was going to be tagged, they knew Bont was going to be targeted and they knew that Johannisen was going to have a tag,” Stevens said.

“There was a leak from somewhere, it didn’t help but there was a leak, they knew it was coming and they couldn’t do anything about it — it was unusual that, that info came out.

“The info was correct, they knew the train was coming but it still hit them one million miles an hour.”

Stevens also accused the Bulldogs of not preparing properly for the likely and eventual onslaught from the physical Giants side and their lack of any enforcers in the team.

“The Giants went hard and the Bulldogs I don’t think stood up for themselves enough,” he said.

“If you look at the incident with Bont and (Toby) Greene the first two players on the scene were Rhiley West and Bailey Smith, they’re still almost in their school uniforms.

“They just didn’t have enough enforcers out there, Easton Wood was captain and not really involved in anything mean n — can you imagine if Luke Hodge was in Bulldogs colours what would have happened?

“Someone had to make a stand and I think it underlined that they really missed Tom Liberatore, who is an animal, they had too many puppy dogs.”
    Hmmm Stevo said that on RSN. Surely he didn’t say exactly the same thing on SEN?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hmmm Stevo said that on RSN. Surely he didn’t say exactly the same thing on SEN?
    The report has stuffed that up, it was RSN. I posted the segment in the Audio thread
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How can anyone not be annoyed with the greene incident and the Himmelberg incident? Ok, avoided suspension.... but its not even a free kick?

I know it’s finals - get that it’s different from H&A - but they crossed a line and should have been protected by better umpiring to curtail that treatment.

The fact that as a team we weren’t ready for it is a different issue.

Also, not blaming the umpires for us losing.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't go around punching blokes. You can't go around gouging blokes.

Unless you can afford it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    You can't go around punching blokes. You can't go around gouging blokes.

Unless you can afford it.
    You could last Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Green needed a Danny Southern head lock to see how tuff he is.

I often wonder if the AFL will go down this path at some stage just because they are so week and inconsistent in their findings.

Nearly 2 hours long but very interesting viewing:

Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

9. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We played a bunch of kids and it showed. Need to mature physically and mentally before next September.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.