Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Pyke sacked

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don Pyke sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    You have to wonder (a bit of a sliding doors moment I suppose) had they won the Grand Final two years ago, would this still be happening.
    Bulldogs and Bevo wins in 2016 and doesn't play finals for two years after yet we extend his contract, Pyke loses the 2017 GF and doesn't play finals for the next two years and is sacked/quit.
    Quite an age difference between the two lists.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    So the inquisition's going well then.

Pyke and Tex were a pair, reputedly, so it's difficult to imagine the latter not thinking hard about seeking a fresh start.
    Crows fans seem to think Burton is the real problem, and that Tex has fallen out with him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It's a high portion of coaches being sacked or moved on in one year isn't it?

I wonder how much pressure Cameron would have been under if we rolled GWS last week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Crows fans seem to think Burton is the real problem, and that Tex has fallen out with him.
    Its hard to see Burton surviving this review. To be honest I'm surprised he hasn't walked already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    You have to wonder (a bit of a sliding doors moment I suppose) had they won the Grand Final two years ago, would this still be happening.
    Bulldogs and Bevo wins in 2016 and doesn't play finals for two years after yet we extend his contract, Pyke loses the 2017 GF and doesn't play finals for the next two years and is sacked/quit.
    Absolutely no way this would be happening - the tone of *that* pre season camp would've been far different had they won
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

The most interesting part of Pyke’s statement was this:

“I would like to make one quick comment around AFL football. The landscape we now operate in as an industry is more challenging than ever for players, administrators, boards and coaches and this is leading to a wide range of issues around contentment. I hope that in the future we can find a better balance in how we view the game regardless of result - otherwise I fear for people’s genuine love of the game.“

In an industry where 17/18 (94%) are losers at the end of each season, what can we do to find that better balance?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    The most interesting part of Pyke’s statement was this:

“I would like to make one quick comment around AFL football. The landscape we now operate in as an industry is more challenging than ever for players, administrators, boards and coaches and this is leading to a wide range of issues around contentment. I hope that in the future we can find a better balance in how we view the game regardless of result - otherwise I fear for people’s genuine love of the game.“

In an industry where 17/18 (94%) are losers at the end of each season, what can we do to find that better balance?
    The number of sacked Coaches this year has been unprecedented. You could probably add both Pyke and Worsfold to the list, both of whom have suffered from poor Club cultures. The Crows problem has been compounded by a poor playing list with a number playing below par. Strong Clubs remain powerful through good administration and Coaches which allows them to maintain their status on the League ladder.

Post Thanks / Like

Burton and Camper gone
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Burton and Camper gone
    Burton was never going to survive that review. Stunned he hung around to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Burton was never going to survive that review. Stunned he hung around to be honest.
    Cash

Post Thanks / Like

At this rate Justin Reid (Dodoro Jr) might be list manager as well as the playing captain and head coach, and the playing assistant coaches and the preseason camp coordinator.

It's actually hard to fathom to Adelaide has come to this, and anyone who wants to be paid at Port Adealide wants out. How the mighty have fallen in SA.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Burton and Camper gone
    along with Pyke.

They needed that external review. I'm a bit surprised some of the other senior personnel didn't get pushed through the exit door.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    along with Pyke.

They needed that external review. I'm a bit surprised some of the other senior personnel didn't get pushed through the exit door.
    Yep, it seems pretty token. No doubt Burton had to go, but the conclusion was that the place is devoid of leadership and has a toxic culture. The people with their hands on the wheel have escaped blame for this car wreck and the guy who was in the boot is getting all the blame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Wasn’t Burton at Brisbane when they were a basket case?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew Nicks new coach
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.