Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  76
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Josh Bruce 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Bruce 2019

Who among us would be shocked if Ben King was merely the latest to serve his minimum sentence up north then promptly walk out the door?

Nobody, that's who.

As it stands the Suns are akin to a shopping centre for new recruits after they've been incubated first.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Dal Santo said St Kilda’s willingness to let one of its leading forwards Josh Bruce cross to the Western Bulldogs suggested the club was already planning for the future.
    Is Bruce an FA next year, otherwise this doesn't make sense. If he is any good, you hold him to his contract for another year then see how it pans out next year. 5th in contested marks tells me they will miss him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is Bruce an FA next year, otherwise this doesn't make sense. If he is any good, you hold him to his contract for another year then see how it pans out next year. 5th in contested marks tells me they will miss him.
    Yep, 7 years next season. A part from the draft pick they need, blacksoul says they need a sizeable amount of money freed up too. Bruce ticks both boxes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep, 7 years next season. A part from the draft pick they need, blacksoul says they need a sizeable amount of money freed up too. Bruce ticks both boxes.
    I chuckle every time this is written.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This stinks of the similar hardballing we tried around the Stringer trade. Player wanted to go, we didn’t want him (for very different reasons), we showed our hand too early, and then we tried to peddle the ‘required player’ line.

I don’t blame the Saints for trying to bluff us into thinking they still want him (to pump up his value). It’s just a little embarrassing because it is pretty clear they need him gone (to scramble a pick and salary space for the hundred players they are trying to get in).

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Who among us would be shocked if Ben King was merely the latest to serve his minimum sentence up north then promptly walk out the door?

Nobody, that's who.

As it stands the Suns are akin to a shopping centre for new recruits after they've been incubated first.
    And this is why I was so shocked they got an extension signature from Rankine. I’d be very surprised if B.King and Lukosis(?) are still there in 3 years time.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda trading Bruce to land Zak Jones.

Hun reporting Richmond now making a play for Zak Jones...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Would he get a game at the Tigers? A Brandon Ellis replacement?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Would he get a game at the Tigers? A Brandon Ellis replacement?
    It would be interesting to know if he is seen as a forward or something else
    Could they squeeze in a 3rd tall forward like we believe we can?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It would be interesting to know if he is seen as a forward or something else
    Could they squeeze in a 3rd tall forward like we believe we can?
    Richmond are chasing Zac Jones, not Bruce.
    With Bachar Houli getting on, Jones can play HB or wing. Tough boy, but queries over his disposal at times. Menadue hasn't worked out for them.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond's interest in Jones would complicate things, but that still sounds unlikely given Richmond's reported cap space - though if Jones were to turn his back on the Saints, I'm tipping they'll still (maybe not need desperately) want the salary dump of Bruce to us for Hill & Ryder at least (as well as a launch at King next spring)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

SAINTS WANT MORE THAN PICK 32 FOR KEY FORWARD

St Kilda's general manager of football Simon Lethlean said key forward Josh Bruce had not asked for a contract extension and had not been pushed out, but acknowledged that the key forward has got a 'pretty good' offer in front of him from the Western Bulldogs. "It will need to be an appropriate deal" for the Saints to part ways with Bruce and pick 32 isn't quite up to scratch.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    SAINTS WANT MORE THAN PICK 32 FOR KEY FORWARD

St Kilda's general manager of football Simon Lethlean said key forward Josh Bruce had not asked for a contract extension and had not been pushed out, but acknowledged that the key forward has got a 'pretty good' offer in front of him from the Western Bulldogs. "It will need to be an appropriate deal" for the Saints to part ways with Bruce and pick 32 isn't quite up to scratch.

Link
    On face value I agree pick 32 isn't quite enough. Perhaps we need to throw a 3rd rounder to sweeten the offer
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On face value I agree pick 32 isn't quite enough. Perhaps we need to throw a 3rd rounder to sweeten the offer
    Listening to the interview with Lethlean, I got the impression a pick in the 20's will satisfy the Saints. Maybe if we hang on late, and the Saints get desperate, this might push out to our 32. If we're talking somewhere in the 20s to 32, it's just a matter of when this trade gets done.

18. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

May as well. We have 72 000 third rounders ATM.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite