Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  76
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Josh Bruce 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Bruce 2019

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Do you think they will be close to full should they acquire all of their targets?

I wonder if moving Bruce out is also about banking a little and ensuring they have enough left to get King next year.
    Perhaps but they have enough room if not more than we do.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Seemed pretty keen to unload Carlisle’s big salary
    I suspect because they weren't likely to get a decent return from him. Keeping him hasn't slowed them down

Post Thanks / Like

AFEL.com.au

Stating that St Kilda, Sydney & Bulldogs sitting down today to work out a trade on Josh Bruce, Zak Jones & A Suitable Pick to Sydney.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    AFEL.com.au

Stating that St Kilda, Sydney & Bulldogs sitting down today to work out a trade on Josh Bruce, Zak Jones & A Suitable Pick to Sydney.
    Hope we get a desired result, quite frankly I'm over the whole 10 day non-event period.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

6. Likes 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Hope we get a desired result, quite frankly I'm over the whole 10 day non-event period.
    Yep. I have many other non productive things to do other than this.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Twodogs, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Tom Morris

The Western Bulldogs’ fierce protection of Pick 13 has forced St Kilda to breakaway from a potential six-club trade mega deal and negotiate with Port Adelaide independently.St Kilda, Adelaide, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Sydney and the Dogs were locked in primarily bilateral discussions all morning regarding a host of key players.

The deals would overlap with each other, but discussions fell flat around lunchtime on Wednesday.

Stream over 50 sports live & anytime on your TV or favourite device with KAYO SPORTS. The biggest Aussie sports and the best from overseas. Just $25/month. No lock-in contract. Get your 14 day free trial >

A stalemate between the Dogs, Crows and Saints – mostly regarding Josh Bruce and Alex Keath’s worth – has led to a breakaway trade deal.
    and

But the Dogs, who are refusing to relent on Pick 13, are still trying to find other avenues to convince the Crows and Saints to part ways with Keath and Bruce.

Until Sam Power (Western Bulldogs), Justin Reid (Adelaide) and James Gallagher (St Kilda) can come to an agreement, formal announcements regarding Hill, Keath, Bruce and Jones appear unlikely.

A source close to discussions said the Dogs will either need to split Pick 13 or manufacture a host of later selections to get Keath and Bruce in before Wednesday’s 7.30pm deadline.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio Twitter:

He has indicated he would like to get to the Bulldogs. We need to organise a trade that we consider a fair reflection of his talent. We are speaking with the Bulldogs and inching closer (to a deal)"

- James Gallagher re: Josh Bruce

#AFLTrade

Jon Ralph thinks we can get Bruce & Keath done without the need to include pick 13.

11. Likes bornadog, Mofra, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio Twitter:

He has indicated he would like to get to the Bulldogs. We need to organise a trade that we consider a fair reflection of his talent. We are speaking with the Bulldogs and inching closer (to a deal)"

#AFLTrade

Jon Ralph thinks we can get Bruce & Keath done without the need to include pick 13.
    It sounds like we aren't prepared to trade pick 13 in any form, I wonder if we might have to make a concession with a later pick

Post Thanks / Like

32 and a future later round swap is what I just read (on Twitter)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

And this from Saints list manager. It's going to happen.

"He has indicated he would like to get to the Bulldogs. We need to organise a trade that we consider a fair reflection of his talent. We are speaking with the Bulldogs and inching closer (to a deal)"

Post Thanks / Like

From SEN

St Kilda list boss James Gallagher has confirmed the club hasn’t ruled out using Blake Acres as part of a trade for Brad Hill.

The midfielder is currently in Perth for discussions with the Dockers as the two clubs attempt to work out a complicated deal.

“The discussions there have been good (for Hill). They’re very professional, so it feels like we are inching closer there,” Gallagher told Telstra AFL Trade Radio.

“(Acres could be involved in the deal), yeah possibly. It’s been reported that Fremantle have indicated some level of interest in him.

“Those discussions happen, certainly for interstate players, it is too early to know if he will or won’t, but we’re pretty open minded, as are Fremantle at the moment, to get a fair deal done.”

While they are eager to add the contracted Hill, they remain staunch in their desire to keep Josh Bruce, who is in a very similar boat.

The key forward wishes to join the Bulldogs, but Gallagher said he is an important player to them and not one they want to lose.

“It is certainly not a formality. Bruce is contracted for another year. He’s a really important footballer to us. He is a critical part of our forward line. Especially with the scenario we are in with Paddy McCartin having some real bad luck with concussions and Max King just being a boy,” he said.

“Bruce is vital for us, he’s really popular with our members and supporters as well. At the same time, he has said if you can help me or allow me to get the Dogs I would quite like that.

“We’ve got to take that into consideration, balancing all of those things up. What it just means, like with Brad and Dougal, we need to organise that we believe is a fair reflection of Bruce’s talent and performances.

“If nothing else, we’re talking to the Bulldogs and inching closer to a deal. I think we’ll land somewhere that is pretty fair.”

Post Thanks / Like

Media management 101. It'll get done but in the meantime they are priming their members 'that they got more, and it's fair because they fought for it. And look at our 5 ins and not the outs'.

It's getting done. Now just Dodoro Jr at Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio Twitter:

The Josh Bruce situation has moved in the last hour significantly. The 2 clubs are a lot closer together. Pick 32 will form a key part of it, but that won't be the entire deal, but that now looks very likely" Mitch Cleary

Full verbatim quote:

"Pick 32 from the Dogs will form a key part of it, I don’t think it’s going to be just 32. I think it will involve a swap of picks elsewhere. I don’t think it involves pick 13."

“It has taken a big turn this afternoon and he looks likely to be a Bulldogs player tomorrow.”
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 15-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio Twitter:

The Josh Bruce situation has moved in the last hour significantly. The 2 clubs are a lot closer together. Pick 32 will form a key part of it, but that won't be the entire deal, but that now looks very likely" Mitch Cleary
    Will be a good win for Sam Power to hold 13 and get Bruce for 32 and later pick swaps. Makes it more intriguing as to how Keath lands to us, assuming he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Will be a good win for Sam Power to hold 13 and get Bruce for 32 and later pick swaps. Makes it more intriguing as to how Keath lands to us, assuming he does.
    Talk St Kilda get pick 58 for Steven. Perhaps 32 & 53 for Bruce & 58. They were happy with pick 28, just four spots. So improving the third rounder by 5 spots is maybe enough?

I was just watching the trade desk on afel.com.au - their thoughts were Keath was closer than Bruce. Bruce seems very close.