Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Bruce 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Bruce 2019

Mark Stevens on Twitter just now:

Josh Bruce has a 4 year deal at the Dogs ready to go, and is keen to move to kennel. All that has to be done is a deal in trade week ... @7NewsMelbourne
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Josh Bruce has a 4 year deal at the Dogs ready to go, and is keen to move to kennel. All that has to be done is a deal in trade week ... @7NewsMelbourne
    I like it.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Lets do it - pick 30, done
    Last edited by bornadog; 26-09-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Its going to take a better pick than 30.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Its going to take a better pick than 30.
    Any reason why you think that?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He's nominated us so I reckon 30 will get it done. They will want more but we won't want to give it to them and that's more important I reckon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's nominated us so I reckon 30 will get it done. They will want more but we won't want to give it to them and that's more important I reckon.
    I can see us giving up 12 for Keath and Adelaide's 2nd (mid 20s) and on trading that pick to the Saints, which effectively makes it pick 12 for Keath & Bruce. Seems fair enough.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I can see us giving up 12 for Keath and Adelaide's 2nd (mid 20s) and on trading that pick to the Saints, which effectively makes it pick 12 for Keath & Bruce. Seems fair enough.
    Yep, I'd do that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Any reason why you think that?
    They'll want a better deal than that thats all, as comrade has mentioned pick 12 will come into play to make both deals work.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

They’ll want a better deal , but I think we hold the upper hand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    They'll want a better deal than that thats all, as comrade has mentioned pick 12 will come into play to make both deals work.
    They will want pick one but when you won't commit to a player beyond next season it reduces your options. Even if we gave them a better pick Sydney will just want it for Zak Jones. I'm just not sure pick 31 needs to be sweetened
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

My view (before compo):

Pick 12 for Keath & 21 (13 for 24)
    Pick 21 (Pick 24) for Bruce

Keath & Bruce for our first rounder is a good outcome. A second rounder and three 3rd rounders still in the bank with $700,000 that Martin rejected. All before the start of trade week. Awesome position to find themselves.

Remember, Melbourne, Hawthorn & St Kilda pursued Keath. When Bruce' name got publicly floated, Hawthorn pursued Bruce. Both players see something at the club (beyond money).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They will want pick one but when you won't commit to a player beyond next season it reduces your options. Even if we gave them a better pick Sydney will just want it for Zak Jones. I'm not sure pick 31 needs to be sweetened
    If we can manage to get pick 21 from Adelaide i think Saints would be happy with that.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

They will want pick one but when you won't commit to a player beyond next season it reduces your options. Even if we gave them a better pick Sydney will just want it for Zak Jones. I'm not sure pick 31 needs to be sweetened
    After compo, if we use 12 with Adelaide, it's looking after compo at maybe pick 24 or pick 33 in our bank. I have no issue with either pick, ideally the least value. But we should be the opposite of Essendon and everything I hate about Dodoro. If a player commits to us in the media, we should try to facilitate it as quick and responsibly as possible. I want players to know if the nominate us we get it done respectfully, not drag it out to the last hour, of the last day of the trade period. If they take 33 good, if the demand is 24 then agree with an exchange of third rounders next year.

The good thing is that we can do both trades. An exciting time for everyone who loves this club and wants to see us back playing this weekend, next year.

18. Likes Grantysghost, Remi Moses, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From SEN:

Matthew Lloyd believes the acquisitions of Josh Bruce and Alex Keath for the Bulldogs will go a long way to helping them climb the ladder in 2020.

Both have requested trades to Whitten Oval and the former Essendon captain believes Bruce is an excellent partner for rising forward Aaron Naughton.

“Naughton has been surrounded by the likes of Sam Lloyd and Tory Dickson, but suddenly Josh Bruce comes around,” Lloyd told Telstra’s Trade Radio.

“Josh Schache was getting a game, but probably wasn’t doing enough, whereas Bruce can kick his five or six goals. Schache is more a two or three player on his best day.

“Bruce, Naughton and Schache all move around the ground pretty well. I’ve seen Bruce relieve in the ruck a little bit as well, but I’d like to see him just stay in the forward line and help Naughton.

“It’s a good sign for the Dogs. They finished the year really strongly and could be a real bolter with those two in their team.

“To me they are both very good footballers. Suddenly Alex Keath goes down there, they’ve been undersized, so bringing him back in there and Easton Wood can become that intercept player.”

As for the St Kilda side of things, Lloyd can understand why they’d be okay moving away from Bruce.

“There’s a boy by the name of Max King that is coming. He is a super player. He’s the best junior forward I have ever seen, I was fortunate enough to coach him for a number of years,” he said.

“He’s your traditional ‘I can throw you out of the way’ type of forward. He can do it on the lead, he can sit on heads, he’s 201cm.

“So they’ve got a forward line of King, you’ve got Tim Membrey as the number one forward, Paddy McCartin is still in the wings, Josh Battle in defence who can always go forward.

“Bruce got an offer he couldn’t refuse at the Bulldogs so he goes and they know King is to come in and possibly they’ll work on Ben King for the year after.”

Kind of positive, although clearly Lloyd wasn't watching Schache after his recall at all.