Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  21
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cash Converters 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That is poor list management if true. With all the salary cap pressure they have been under, it just has no logic.
    Which is why I listed him
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Aiden Bonar is an interesting one. He's struggled since he arrived at the club with injuries but as you have noted he's versatile and a stronger tackler especially up forward. Clearing some salary cap could be a huge consideration for them plus they have a lot of players that will come back from injuries next season which potentially pushes Bonar further back in the order
    Once again, a 3rd rounder would be in the mix.
    I see him as someone potentially filling the giant void left by Clay Smith's sad premature retirement. Bonar can play forward and hit the scoreboard, can do his bit in midfield, has some physical presence and can tackle. He ticks a lot of those boxes and I think his frame is only going to become more imposing as he matures physically. He could imo be that pressure forward that is more of a beast than the small forward prototype.

3. Likes bornadog, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I see him as someone potentially filling the giant void left by Clay Smith's sad premature retirement. Bonar can play forward and hit the scoreboard, can do his bit in midfield, has some physical presence and can tackle. He ticks a lot of those boxes and I think his frame is only going to become more imposing as he matures physically. He could imo be that pressure forward that is more of a beast than the small forward prototype.
    Given his upside I wonder if the 200K a season they might save between him and another youngster might not look too bad if they were to win the flag

We are in a good position to cover the financials but it's harder to justify much more than a 3rd rounder for his services
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Early on I liked the look of Connor Menadue from the tigers. He is a tall winger who was drafted in 2014 (Spotswoos lad) and has struggled for a regular senior game. He was drafted as an outside runner with good skills. Due to his inability to hold down a regular spot Richmond have thrown him around a bit as an inside mid and a half back flanker in their VFL team. Likely to be delisted at the end of 2019 he could be a handy addition and provide depth for the second wing spot opposite Lachie Hunter and plan b for Isaac Smith.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Early on I liked the look of Connor Menadue from the tigers. He is a tall winger who was drafted in 2014 (Spotswoos lad) and has struggled for a regular senior game. He was drafted as an outside runner with good skills. Due to his inability to hold down a regular spot Richmond have thrown him around a bit as an inside mid and a half back flanker in their VFL team. Likely to be delisted at the end of 2019 he could be a handy addition and provide depth for the second wing spot opposite Lachie Hunter and plan b for Isaac Smith.
    I'd be surprised if we rated him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd be surprised if we rated him
    Same. He's very slight and can really get under the ball when he kicks it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Same. He's very slight and can really get under the ball when he kicks it.
    Yep, when he plays there are suddenly more helicopters than there were in 'nam!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of Footscray nominations that we could consider with late/rookie picks

Anthony Scott - had a great year with Footscray. Looks AFL quality to me as a half forward.

Reuben William - my annual shout out to give him a go!
    Last edited by The Doctor; 03-10-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of Footscray nominations that we could consider with late/rookie picks

Anthony Scott - had a great year with Footscray. Looks AFL quality to me as a half forward.

Reuben William - my annual shout out to give him a go!
    Scott won the B&F last night
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Angus Baker - Canberra (NEAFL)

21yo 191cm rebounding defender who won the NEAFL/Rising Star. Former Swans academy player who hurt his knee a couple of years ago. Prolific at NEAFL level with high disposal numbers across half back. Can kick. Another late pick/rookie option.

Post Thanks / Like

Angus Baker - Canberra (NEAFL)

21yo 191cm rebounding defender who won the NEAFL/Rising Star. Former Swans academy player who hurt his knee a couple of years ago. Prolific at NEAFL level with high disposal numbers across half back. Can kick. Another late pick/rookie option.
    Not sure it's a position of need, but then again I really really rate Lachie Young.

The Anthony Scott suggestion is a good one. At a similar age wasn't Dicko heading back to Noble Park for a season? If he's quick enough to chase and tackle he could be a late pick option.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Not sure it's a position of need, but then again I really really rate Lachie Young.

The Anthony Scott suggestion is a good one. At a similar age wasn't Dicko heading back to Noble Park for a season? If he's quick enough to chase and tackle he could be a late pick option.
    Can anyone please share what they have seen of scott? Strengths .... areas where he could play . Would love to hear any feedback as I don’t get to see vfl games at all.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Can anyone please share what they have seen of scott? Strengths .... areas where he could play . Would love to hear any feedback as I don’t get to see vfl games at all.
    Thanks in advance
    My thoughts re Scott - firstly, a huge loss leading into the finals when he did his hamstring in the final round of the season. He adds goal kicking nous to hard running and football smarts. Not necessarily quick nor overly tall, but makes a difference with ball in hand.

Clearly the VFL's best player and no surprise when he won the BnF. Suspect if we don't take him, then another club will. (Would certainly add some equality to the GCS list).

Would we draft him - depends, like many others I think we need a small fwd that can kick goals (tick), tackle (tick) and is fast (no tick).
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

15. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Josh Jenkins starting to get into this territory? I don't think he's a best 22 player, but we could have a worse reserve playing at Footscray and jumping in when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Is Josh Jenkins starting to get into this territory? I don't think he's a best 22 player, but we could have a worse reserve playing at Footscray and jumping in when needed.
    He kicks 2 goals a game, can play in the ruck and will play for 200K and match payments which is a bargain but....if we get Bruce we don't need him unless it was as a back-up ruckman

Very unlikely to be considered but he is a good enough player