Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  21
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cash Converters 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He kicks 2 goals a game, can play in the ruck and will play for 200K and match payments which is a bargain but....if we get Bruce we don't need him unless it was as a back-up ruckman

Very unlikely to be considered but he is a good enough player
    I'd be thinking ruck cover. He's mobile, runs all day and is a marking threat around the ground - fits the Bevo ruck mould.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He kicks 2 goals a game, can play in the ruck and will play for 200K and match payments which is a bargain but....if we get Bruce we don't need him unless it was as a back-up ruckman

Very unlikely to be considered but he is a good enough player
    Seems like a genuinely good bloke too. I say offer him the chance. He is a significant upgrade on Gardner as a depth player if nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Seems like a genuinely good bloke too. I say offer him the chance. He is a significant upgrade on Gardner as a depth player if nothing else.
    That is a good point that he is a significant upgrade on Gardner. For us he would be good cover. Whether he is interested in being behind the likes of Naughton, Schache and Bruce* is another thing. On his day he is a good enough player to hold a down a spot on a senior list.

Certainly worth considering.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I doubt Bevo wants anyone who openly leaks to the media
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of delistings today that could be worth a look

Wylie Buzza 23yo 199cm from Geelong could be ruck/forward depth

Kaiden Brand 24yo 198cm from Hawthorn as key defender depth
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    A couple of delistings today that could be worth a look

Wylie Buzza 23yo 199cm from Geelong could be ruck/forward depth

Kaiden Brand 24yo 198cm from Hawthorn as key defender depth
    Good suggestions Doc
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Keays - the player whose name we called out in the 2015 draft before Josh Dunkley's has been delisted by the Lions.

Obviously we were once interested, possibly worth a rookie spot? 22 year old, 186cm mid / forward - probably not an area of great need.
    Last edited by Axe Man; 22-10-2019 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in Nick Robertson who has also been delisted from the Lions. Obviously not the most talented player who has been on an AFL list, but works hard and has the ability to run with players as seen in the Semi Final against GWS when he shut out Whitfield who scorched us the week before... Not sure if Whitfield was under the weather, but Robertson worked him over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Any interest in Nick Robertson who has also been delisted from the Lions. Obviously not the most talented player who has been on an AFL list, but works hard and has the ability to run with players as seen in the Semi Final against GWS when he shut out Whitfield who scorched us the week before... Not sure if Whitfield was under the weather, but Robertson worked him over.
    I mentioned him the other day and I think there is merit to look at a player like him.
    Would we likely use him in a run with role? Just doesn't appear to be in our planning
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Keays and James Rose both interest me.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I be a pain in the arse, as in more than usual?

Are you interested in (insert name here) as a DFA so cutting Dickson? Or as a DFA and us forcing/paying out a fringe player? Or as a rookie?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Can I be a pain in the arse, as in more than usual?

Are you interested in (insert name here) as a DFA so cutting Dickson? Or as a DFA and us forcing/paying out a fringe player? Or as a rookie?
    I would look at the names I posted above as rookie list options or last spot on the list if we don't rate the depth at the tail end of the draft - can we take one in the draft? I'm happy to offer Dickson another year.

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I would look at the names I posted above as rookie list options or last spot on the list if we don't rate the depth at the tail end of the draft - can we take one in the draft? I'm happy to offer Dickson another year.
    If we take them in the last spot on the list as a DFA then Dicko/fringe player has to get cut.

I'm assuming we aren't using pick 89 and upgrading La Young. If we aren't looking to do that, then any delisted players who have been overlooked by all 18 clubs as DFAs could then nominate for the national draft and then slide to Pick 89. I'm assuming the half decent delisted players won't be there by then, especially if there's competition for them by multiple clubs.

Interesting list decisions if we want these guys. Delisting Dicko, Roarke &/or Gardener (&/or La Young upgraded) are the key to a cash converters decision it seems.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    A couple of Footscray nominations that we could consider with late/rookie picks

Anthony Scott - had a great year with Footscray. Looks AFL quality to me as a half forward.
    This thread is probably redundant now it looks like we will only have a couple of picks in the National Draft. The only player I can see as a possibility now is Anthony Scott possibly with pick 53. I think we would more likely go for one of our own than say a Ben Keays type.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

17. Likes GVGjr, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having watched Scott perform in many games this year at VFL level, I would put him in front of Cavarra, R Smith, Gardiner in terms of contribution to team - his selection would depend on whether we need a player of his type, or deem speed the most important aspect of a small fwd.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

19. Likes The Doctor liked this post