Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

Twitter seems to have a view WCE could trade Gaff to get Kelly, a pick to assist it. If this was a real thing (IF), I wonder if our pick 13 - giving them back to back picks 13 & 14 to offer for Tim Kelly (Picks 22 & 33 up their sleves) is enough to get him. 27yo, gut running winger with great skills. IF it’s something WCE are doing, it could be an interesting development.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Twitter seems to have a view WCE could trade Gaff to get Kelly, a pick to assist it. If this was a real thing (IF), I wonder if our pick 13 - giving them back to back picks 13 & 14 to offer for Tim Kelly (Picks 22 & 33 up their sleves) is enough to get him. 27yo, gut running winger with great skills. IF it’s something WCE are doing, it could be an interesting development.
    Gaff for 13 yes please. Precisely what we are looking for. But won't be enough to get him I'd say.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly nominated Eagles officially according to the age. How on earth are they going to do that deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Kelly nominated Eagles officially according to the age. How on earth are they going to do that deal?
    Pick 13 and a player of ours/another pick to WCE or Geelong for Andrew Gaff.

Picks 13 & 14 (22 & 33 or the dogs or WCE player) for Tim Kelly.

I'm just trying to be helpful. I don't like when people argue. So if that helps everyone else, I guess we should do the right thing.

I.e. I don't want McLean traded, but 13 & McLean for Gaff & 33 (36 after compo, 40+ after matched bids). Pick 13, 14 & McLean for Tim Kelly. WCE still hold 22 with Kelly, but lose Gaff.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see any sense in West Coast trading Gaff to get Kelly in. It's an upgrade but not at the expense of pick 14 as well.

I think this years and next years first rounders would be around the mark. Otherwise they need to trade a couple of fringe players like Petrucele for mid range picks and move up the draft order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I can't see any sense in West Coast trading Gaff to get Kelly in. It's an upgrade but not at the expense of pick 14 as well.

I think this years and next years first rounders would be around the mark. Otherwise they need to trade a couple of fringe players like Petrucele for mid range picks and move up the draft order.
    I’m just trying to be helpful to them all for a 2020 free agent who may make it hard if the reported $800,000 salary puts pressure on their cap. Geelong should aim to bring in someone through this trade who wants and play serious midfield minutes and can kick a goal. A team who can bring that and a juicy pick could be rewarded.

I’m not betting on it. Just being helpful to clubs in disagreement. They tried to use us last year, and we said no. I’m happy to be sounded out again if they think we can help, for real this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’m just trying to be helpful to them all for a 2020 free agent who may make it hard if the reported $800,000 salary puts pressure on their cap. Geelong should aim to bring in someone through this trade who wants and play serious midfield minutes and can kick a goal. A team who can bring that and a juicy pick could be rewarded.

I’m not betting on it. Just being helpful to clubs in disagreement. They tried to use us last year, and we said no. I’m happy to be sounded out again if they think we can help, for real this time.
    They got Dalhaus , I believe he kicked a goal sometime during the year ;-)
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love Gaff. Him out for Kelly in seems idiotic, particularly after they went so hard to keep him last year.

Trade period is fascinating. Geelong in the Dangerfield trade were all “he wants to come home, Adelaide can’t expect the kitchen sink” now with Kelly they want the kitchen sink.

11. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    1st pick this year and next year.
    2017 1st round pick Jarrod Brander.
    Geelong's choice of Duggan, Ainsworth or Venables - other recent 1st and 2nd round picks.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Would love Gaff. Him out for Kelly in seems idiotic, particularly after they went so hard to keep him last year.

Trade period is fascinating. Geelong in the Dangerfield trade were all “he wants to come home, Adelaide can’t expect the kitchen sink” now with Kelly they want the kitchen sink.
    Thinking the same thing
    God I hate the bluster and posturing this time of year

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe Gaff is going anywhere, just made up by people trying to work out a trade.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    1st pick this year and next year.
    2017 1st round pick Jarrod Brander.
    Geelong's choice of Duggan, Ainsworth or Venables - other recent 1st and 2nd round picks.
    Duggan is a Bacchus Marsh boy, Geelong would be an ideal spot for him if he wanted to come home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Duggan is a Bacchus Marsh boy, Geelong would be an ideal spot for him if he wanted to come home.
    If Duggan goes to Geelong it makes the Charlie Constable situation interesting.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Where has it been confirmed he's requested the trade?
    Depends what constitutes a 'request' but appears the wheels are in motion.

I'm guessing Joe's treading softly in public to placate an already broken fanbase of a club his name's synonymous with, and not provide Bombres brass further reason to obstruct a move because, y'know, they have to 'win' trade week.

I'm still agog Essendon have let it come to this with Daniher. Imagine us confronting this with Libba or Rhylee West in a few years.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Depends what constitutes a 'request' but appears the wheels are in motion.

I'm guessing Joe's treading softly in public to placate an already broken fanbase of a club his name's synonymous with, and not provide Bombres brass further reason to obstruct a move because, y'know, they have to 'win' trade week.

I'm still agog Essendon have let it come to this with Daniher. Imagine us confronting this with Libba or Rhylee West in a few years.
    Danihers also played at Swans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.