Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

I think the Saints have done very well to get Dougal Howard at that price. I would have been happy if we'd been targetting him instead of Keath.

It might be worth considering that Sydney are actually the issue in the Bruce trade... if it's going to be a straight swap for Jones anyway, they must be telling the Saints that 32 isn't enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think the Saints have done very well to get Dougal Howard at that price. I would have been happy if we'd been targetting him instead of Keath.

It might be worth considering that Sydney are actually the issue in the Bruce trade... if it's going to be a straight swap for Jones anyway, they must be telling the Saints that 32 isn't enough.
    It might the Swans but it's the Saints who are clearly challenging the pick we are offering
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Ryder and Marshall together
    Marshall should go solo . Zac Jones can’t kick
    Hill’s a good pick up and Howard has talent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Gary Buckanara was sent back to Hawthorn in the '80s after a court case where he wanted to go to West Coast I reckon.
    Yep, 100%. I remember that. Around 1987.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It might the Swans but it's the Saints who are clearly challenging the pick we are offering
    Yeah agreed. We're dealing with St Kilda not playing 4D multi level chess with the rest of the comp. If they want an unfulfilled last year of contractual obligation out of Bruce then fine we Will go to the draft with 28/32 and come away with a MacLean or Daniel. And if we do even better and the kid is a superstar then we will refer to him as the 'player St Kilda could have had with 32' forever more.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't see it that way, they would be happy with their results so far. They've done Steven a favour because of what he achieved at their club
    Perhaps it’s linked to the respective contracts on offer. At face value it makes no sense, surely they don’t lowball themselves because of a players performance with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade weeks should be reduced to one day. Televised live. All clubs negotiations on the record live. It would be a ratings bonanza.

Starts at Midday. Finishes at 10pm at night. (All player medicals, discussions, ramifications are sorted before Trade Day).

Post Thanks / Like

It's apt they're describing trade week with constipation-themed analogies.

Push boys, push.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember a trade period when we have had so little coverage in the media. Nothing has changed since the first day, nobody out, nobody in. Looks like more clubs are playing hardball this year.

In the past keeping players who wanted out was not seen as a desirable course of action. It will be interesting to see how these players will perform for the clubs who held them to ransom.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I can't remember a trade period when we have had so little coverage in the media. Nothing has changed since the first day, nobody out, nobody in. Looks like more clubs are playing hardball this year.

In the past keeping players who wanted out was not seen as a desirable course of action. It will be interesting to see how these players will perform for the clubs who held them to ransom.
    I think to a large extent the Kelly trade skewed this draft. Every club wants overs for their players and are towing the hardball line.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong to get Jenkins.

Thry refuse to rebuild their list properly. Its going to be a mighty cliff when Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett and co all finish up within 2-3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Geelong to get Jenkins.

Thry refuse to rebuild their list properly. Its going to be a mighty cliff when Selwood, Hawkins, Ablett and co all finish up within 2-3 years
    they do have a lot of draft picks this time around though thanks to the Kelly deal
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Late pick shuffling has Lewis Taylor to Sydney and Marc Pittonet to Carlton
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniher looks off. It’s put Papley deal in significant doubt. Latest 7mate the trade game shortly special time 7pm

Dodo wins trade week by not allowing a club star from leaving
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Daniher looks off. It’s put Papley deal in significant doubt. Latest 7mate the trade game shortly special time 7pm

Dodo wins trade week by not allowing a club star from leaving
    Time to pounce on Papley or Martin, who both want to Victoria.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023