Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

Saints chasing Dan Butler
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Zak Jones have nominated the Saints
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Zak Jones have nominated the Saints
    What's Jones worth? Mid second rounder?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Whatever St Kilda take for Bruce. Something second round.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Something in the 2nd round, mid to late I suspect
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Elliott has turned down Melbourne. So it's Brisbane or Collingwood.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne reckons up to 6 clubs are chasing Dougal Howard including North, St Kilda and Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Tom Browne reckons up to 6 clubs are chasing Dougal Howard including North, St Kilda and Collingwood.
    Covering his bases! Should've just gone 17 other clubs...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Elliott has turned down Melbourne. So it's Brisbane or Collingwood.
    We were linked early, I wonder if that was genuine or media guesswork?

Imagine a forward line that had Naughton, Bruce, Lloyd, Schache, and Elliott. A few years ago we’d routinely struggle for marks inside 50, despite often winning the inside 50 count. This year amazingly we snuck into #1. With this crew all of a sudden it would be one of our clear weapons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Imagine a forward line that had Naughton, Bruce, Lloyd, Schache, and Elliott. A few years ago we’d routinely struggle for marks inside 50, despite often winning the inside 50 count. This year amazingly we snuck into #1. With this crew all of a sudden it would be one of our clear weapons.
    Tom Browne was guessing (as usual) and everyone sourced him as the link to us. No credible journo linked us independently of the original guess work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Devil is in the detail. If you carefully read what Tom Browne said, he actually never said we were interested. He only said we have cap space.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne is a smug little turd and has an inflated opinion of himself with a very punchable head, could he be related to Toby Greene?

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't it funny how Essenscum want 2 first rounders for Daniher yet they only offered us 2 second rounders for Stringer at the time. I'd argue Stringer was in better shape and had achieved more than Daniher has right now. I hope Sydney trade their first rounder like Essenscum did with us giving it to the plastics for D Smith. Stringer was damaged goods at the time but Daniher ain't exactly running on top of the ground right now.

Dodo is doing what's best for his club I know but it's just annoying that even the media saying 2 firsts.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Ain't it funny how Essenscum want 2 first rounders for Daniher yet they only offered us 2 second rounders for Stringer at the time. I'd argue Stringer was in better shape and had achieved more than Daniher has right now. I hope Sydney trade their first rounder like Essenscum did with us giving it to the plastics for D Smith. Stringer was damaged goods at the time but Daniher ain't exactly running on top of the ground right now.

Dodo is doing what's best for his club I know but it's just annoying that even the media saying 2 firsts.
    I have been chuckling at the differences in what Geelong think they should get/give up for players. They want 17 first rounders for Kelly, yet want to give pick 36ish to the Saints for a four times best and fairest winner (who is admittedly coming off a troubled year). They also spouted the “do the right thing when a player wants to come home” line at the Crows when trying to get Dangerfield for nix, yet refuse to acknowledge this with Kelly (despite his reasons clearly being more pressing than Dangers).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

Did Hogan go for a first and second rounder last year? I'd say that is the template for the deal for a star player but one who has only played 11 senior games out of the last 45
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"