Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Jake Stringer provides elite pressure???????????? Wow.
    They listed Devon Smith who does apply elite pressure - in the midfield. Walla provides elite pressure, Fantastia is decent at it but not sure he's elite. Journos tend to view words pretty cheaply these days.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They listed Devon Smith who does apply elite pressure - in the midfield. Walla provides elite pressure, Fantastia is decent at it but not sure he's elite. Journos tend to view words pretty cheaply these days.
    Because it can't necessarily be strictly defined by tangible statistics, it can be used to bolster the argument for any player the media want to vouch for.

It's more or less the on-field version of being a "ripping bloke".
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Because it can't necessarily be strictly defined by tangible statistics, it can be used to bolster the argument for any player the media want to vouch for.

It's more or less the on-field version of being a "ripping bloke".
    Champion data have some metric for some stats, which journos of course duly ignore.
    It's why almost every listed player in the AFL is referred to as a 'star' of some description.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Another day, another pick swap.

North get pick 30 from Hawthorn for picks 50, 73 and Rd 2, 2020 pick.

This gives Hawthorn back a second round pick next year, which does allow them to trade their Rd 1 pick next year for something if they so choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Jake Stringer provides elite pressure???????????? Wow.
    There are many things that have experienced Jakey's brand of pressure.

An opponent is not one of them.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes Dancin' Douggy, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    There are many things that have experienced Jakey's brand of pressure.

An opponent is not one of them.
    I saw him tuck into a rump steak at the Yarraville Club a couple of months ago. I wouldn't have wanted to get my hands or feet anywhere near his mouth while he was shoveling it in.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

There have been some bold plays by teams to get up the draft order.

Is there a target you would be willing to trade up for if it meant our pick 13 and our 2020 first-rounder? Maybe a player that is certain to be at Adelaide's pick 6 or Freo's pick 7 for example.

Our 2020 first will likely have to go or be swallowed by JUH anyway. Would you do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I saw him tuck into a rump steak at the Yarraville Club a couple of months ago. I wouldn't have wanted to get my hands or feet anywhere near his mouth while he was shoveling it in.
    There’s a finance guy at work that talks himself up and then goes missing When the heats on, we’ve dubbed him Stringer.

10. Likes Twodogs, ratsmac, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    There’s a finance guy at work that talks himself up and then goes missing When the heats on, we’ve dubbed him Stringer.
    Does he know why? That's the beauty of a good nickname, you have to work it out for yourself. My mates called me 'bung' for years before I worked it was short for 'bung eyes' because I wore glasses. Nobody told me becausee they thought I'd be upset but I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever heard.

Then they started calling me 'twodogs'
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

12. Likes N/A, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick trade of the day:

Collingwood get pick 48 and Rd 3 2020 from Brisbane for Rd 2 2020.

Post Thanks / Like

More picks swaps coming in.

Adelaide get pick 22 and 2020 Rd 3 (tied to C'wood) from Fremantle for picks 28,49 and 2020 Rd 4 (tied to Carlton).

15. Thanks bulldogtragic, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But wait, there's more

Fremantle get pick 8 from Melbourne for picks 10, 28 and 2020 Rd 4 (tied to Carlton)

In essence, Fremantle have given up picks 10, 22 and 2020 Rd 3 for picks 8 and 49. Clearly they believe moving up to 8 is the difference between getting a pick before the Henry bid or after, so they're willing to pay a high price for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    But wait, there's more

Fremantle get pick 8 from Melbourne for picks 10, 28 and 2020 Rd 4 (tied to Carlton)

In essence, Fremantle have given up picks 10, 22 and 2020 Rd 3 for picks 8 and 49. Clearly they believe moving up to 8 is the difference between getting a pick before the Henry bid or after, so they're willing to pay a high price for it.
    I don’t know if all these swaps are good or bad. Feels like we’re a little stuck in no man’s land with 13 (which will likely turn into 15) and 53.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Does he know why? That's the beauty of a good nickname, you have to work it out for yourself. My mates called me 'bung' for years before I worked it was short for 'bung eyes' because I wore glasses. Nobody told me becausee they thought I'd be upset but I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever heard.

Then they started calling me 'twodogs'
    Yeah, when we have a web conference we change all of our names, another guy calls me buzzard as he reckons I pick the flesh from His bones. Then there’s the fence or pailing who’s a manager that didn’t make a decision one time. We take the piss. I’ve asked Jakey to point to the crowd after a comment in a meeting. He’s a Sydney boy and I won a bottle of JD from him for the 2010 final.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don’t know if all these swaps are good or bad. Feels like we’re a little stuck in no man’s land with 13 (which will likely turn into 15) and 53.
    Im fine with us not doing much with the draft this year, as long as we're saving picks for Ugle-Hagan next year, that's all I care about.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post