Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Other club trade talk

Afl.com.au reporting Crouch is being actively shopped by his manager seeking a 5 X $1,000,000 a year contract. GCS apparently interested, but picks 1 & 2 off the table. Would either club do a straight player swap, Crouch for Lukosius?

Lukosius, a pick 2 player himself. But didn't sign an extension with fellow SA teammate Rankine this year. Both SA clubs said last year they're coming for him after his two year rookie contract. Crouch might be the best offer they can get if he wants back to SA in 12 months.

Grab Crouch, draft Rowell & Anderson with 1 & 2, pick 14 to trade or use, bring in good picks for Martin & Ah Chee and work on signing Ben King long term. There's been worse trade periods.

Or in dream world they could try to keep Lukosius, and while St Kilda is tied up with Brad Hill, offer GCS our pick 13 (with a 2020 drafts points trade on our 2020 first rounder) for Ben King and a good money offer that becomes too much in 2021 with Crouch's wage). They then package picks 13 & 14 up to get Crouch and pick 29. Giving them Crouch, Rowell & Anderson, Pick 29, good picks for Martin & Ah Chee and work on signing Lukosius long term. Then that 2020 draft points trade that exchanges also 2019 pick 42 for that pick 29 (13 pick upgrade) which gets Keath from Adelaide. Remaining picks to Freo for a 2020 second rounder (need to upgrade 84 into the fourth round too boost the points a bit too). They're reportedly interested in Roberts as a free agent, and history of twice coming at Jong. They can have both without a fight if they want them.

In: King (13+), Keath (29), Bruce (31), 2020 second rounders X 2, 1 X third rounder & 1 X fourth rounders

Out: Pick 13, 31, 42, 47, 49, 84, 2020 first rounder & fourth rounder, Jong, Roberts (FA)

GCS from us: Pick 13, Pick 42, 2020 Pick 14 & 68 (estimate), Jong, Roberts (FA) - for - King, Pick 29, 2020 19, 37 & 55 (estimate)

GCS Sequentially: 13, 14, 42, 68 (Jong, Roberts)
    Dogs Sequentially: 19, 29, 37, 55 (King)

The latter ones are for balance, it's essentially 13 & 14 with players - for - 19 & 29 with King. Two first rounders with players, for two second rounders with King.

Relax, it's not happening! It's just an exercise.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

I'd trade Lukosius for Crouch if I were GCS. If they can really afford him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne now reporting North offering Papley $800 to $900k
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tom Browne now reporting North offering Papley $800 to $900k
    Not a typo. Tom's giving himself a $899K range to cover his bases

5. Likes soupman, Testekill, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

North aren’t doing the rest of us a favour with good, not great, players $900,000 a year. Polec and Papley now maybe. But it’s Browne, so it could be what he heard from someone on acid trip in a park.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd trade Lukosius for Crouch if I were GCS. If they can really afford him.
    Is Crouch out of contract?

Why would GC trade him for Lukosius? Cant he just nominate for the PSD (last I checked it still existed) and pick him then?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    North aren’t doing the rest of us a favour with good, not great, players $900,000 a year. Polec and Papley now maybe. But it’s Browne, so it could be what he heard from someone on acid trip in a park.
    But how much is Papley worth?

He is probably a $700K player at Sydney so it stands to reason North would need to offer him something to get him. I don't have a problem with the number and have been surprised by all the talk about Papley and Carlton being a fait accompli. He is REALLY good and clearly on an upward trajectory...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Why would GC trade him for Lukosius? Cant he just nominate for the PSD (last I checked it still existed) and pick him then?
    No he's contracted for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

But how much is Papley worth?

He is probably a $700K player at Sydney so it stands to reason North would need to offer him something to get him. I don't have a problem with the number and have been surprised by all the talk about Papley and Carlton being a fait accompli. He is REALLY good and clearly on an upward trajectory...
    He would fit into the doggies well.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's contracted. His manager is actively shopping him around. The last I read GCS was leading the pack, but St Kilda & Geelong were interested too. I think I read he's a free agent next year, so they might get more now. Or they can give him what he wants, 5 years t $1M.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Connors mentioned Josh Jenkins is happy to go to any club for the next opportunity and prepared to take a pay cut.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Paul Connors mentioned Josh Jenkins is happy to go to any club for the next opportunity and prepared to take a pay cut.
    I would too. He's smarter than I thought. Anything would be better than having a proper job!

A lot of AFL players overlook that fact.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes Testekill, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide have confirmed he is leaving

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Jarman (yeah I know) reckons that Geelong are interested.

Hopefully the cats mistakenly believe they can have another crack with Dad's Army next year, will make the inevitable fall all the more spectacular.

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Newsflash: Essendon sucks.

BORDERLINE FLYING