Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Saints would have to try and split pick 6 to get 2 lower 1st round picks and see if they can deal those perhaps
    Exactly what they've now done - have 12 & 18 from GWS.

Pick 18 isn't much use to either Freo (Liam Henry) or Port (Mead) due to NGA/FS bids. Makes getting both Hill & Howard difficult.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Exactly what they've now done - have 12 & 18 from GWS.

Pick 18 isn't much use to either Freo (Liam Henry) or Port (Mead) due to NGA/FS bids. Makes getting both Hill & Howard difficult.
    I'm thinking is Pick 18 is aimed at us... If we'd take it.

Picks 13 & 32 for Pick 18 & Bruce. Our Pick 32 currently offered, plus downgrade 5 spots from 13 to 18, late 1st round to end of 1st round.

Then they have picks 12, 13 & 32.

Us: Pick 18, Bruce, Keath, 50 & 52, 88
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Picks 13 & 32 for Pick 18 & Bruce. Our Pick 32 currently offered, plus downgrade 5 spots from 13 to 18, late 1st round to end of 1st round.

Then they have picks 12, 13 & 32.

Us: Pick 18, Bruce, Keath, 50 & 52, 88
    This values Bruce at 24. If they add in 59 it values him at 29, and we have an extra pick to upgrade this year/2020.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't.

pick 32 is the deal as far as I'm concerned.

If they want a 1st round pick swap then they need to offer something for that (ie 2020 3rd pick). But if we have a target at pick 13 then no thanks
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

6. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    This values Bruce at 24. If they add in 59 it values him at 29, and we have an extra pick to upgrade this year/2020.
    Thanks for the sums Jazza. I think they handed GWS 59. If they handed over a 2020 3rd (around 50-55) I'd look seriously at doing it. It worth a serious debate at minimum.

In: Pick 18, Bruce, 2020 Third
    Out: Pick 13, Pick 32
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't.

pick 32 is the deal as far as I'm concerned.

If they want a 1st round pick swap then they need to offer something for that (ie 2020 3rd pick). But if we have a target at pick 13 then no thanks
    Thanks for the sums Jazza. I think they handed GWS 59. If they handed over a 2020 3rd (around 50-55) I'd look seriously at doing it. It worth a serious debate at minimum.

In: Pick 18, Bruce, 2020 Third
    Out: Pick 13, Pick 32
    Was working on it as you posted. A 2020 third is the minimum. We still have a first rounder, Bruce & Keath locked away, thirds to trade. Pick 18 is a good using pick by the sounds of it this year, it's also a good trade currency pick too (plus $700,000+ too).

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Saints have been too cute splitting pick 6 (a fair trade) and Freo may well Cats style say we'll keep our contacted player Hill.

Meanwhile, if the Blues' priority is Papley for their first pick then perhaps the Martin trade to Cralton is not looking good.

So to my question: if you were the player manager for Hill and Martin, what would be your strategy now for each?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Freo sanctioned the Saints swap pick with Giants (pick 6 for 12 & 18) I reckon they mighty get quite testy.

Imagine if Freo had local boy ruckman Luke Jackson in their sights with pick 6 or 7 and then the Giants now sneak in and use pick 6 on Jackson. This is a genuine scenario that could play out as the Giants are no doubt looking for an elite ruckman for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless Freo sanctioned the Saints swap pick with Giants (pick 6 for 12 & 18) I reckon they mighty get quite testy.
    I can see Saints missing out on Hill. Ryder rumoured to be in talks with Carlton. 12 or 18 is too much for Howard.

In fact, I can seeing saints being too cute and just ending up with Jones, if they are lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I can see Saints missing out on Hill. Ryder rumoured to be in talks with Carlton. 12 or 18 is too much for Howard.

In fact, I can seeing saints being too cute and just ending up with Jones, if they are lucky.
    If Saints miss out on Hill, it's because they've shifted focus to another big target. You don't offer a big money, long term deal to a contracted player then scupper it through trading out picks without a plan in place.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned in one of these threads for Brad Hill...

St Kilda: Pick 12, 2nd (2020), Acres.
    Dogs: Pick 13, 2nd (2019) in DVI points by picks 50 & 52 for NGA Liam Henry, a Blake acres level player.

We've probably got the better offer with Freo's needs, and a really good trading relationship with Freo.

St Kilda: 6 X $900,000 if true
    Dogs: 5 X $700,000 that Martin knocked back -- could or would we bump that somewhat? Say the 6 years, and incentives. Is he entitled to any marketing dollars as our possible indigenous face of the club, topping up from outside the cap?

If that implodes, I wonder would we want to position ourselves around Freo & Hill's manager?

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If Saints miss out on Hill, it's because they've shifted focus to another big target. You don't offer a big money, long term deal to a contracted player then scupper it through trading out picks without a plan in place.
    Brad Crouch. $1,000,000 a year.

Stevo was saying 12 & 18 was going to Adeliade from GWS with a future first for pick 4.

This way, Crouch goes for 12 &/or 18, and Adelaide keep pick 4.

They can't tie up $2.5M+ in Carlirlse, Crouch & Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Saints have been too cute splitting pick 6 (a fair trade) and Freo may well Cats style say we'll keep our contacted player Hill.

Meanwhile, if the Blues' priority is Papley for their first pick then perhaps the Martin trade to Cralton is not looking good.

So to my question: if you were the player manager for Hill and Martin, what would be your strategy now for each?
    I doubt it

$900k & 2 x 1st rounders for Hill too heavy a price. Martin declared his intentions and we weren't part of that.

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it

$900k & 2 x 1st rounders for Hill too heavy a price. Martin declared his intentions and we weren't part of that.
    I wasn't suggesting all that involves us. I am curious if the Saints and possibly the Blues will stuff up their trading.

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned in one of these threads for Brad Hill...

St Kilda: Pick 12, 2nd (2020), Acres.
    Dogs: Pick 13, 2nd (2019) in DVI points by picks 50 & 52 for NGA Liam Henry, a Blake acres level player.

We've probably got the better offer with Freo's needs, and a really good trading relationship with Freo.

St Kilda: 6 X $900,000 if true
    Dogs: 5 X $700,000 that Martin knocked back -- could or would we bump that somewhat? Say the 6 years, and incentives. Is he entitled to any marketing dollars as our possible indigenous face of the club, topping up from outside the cap?

If that implodes, I wonder would we want to position ourselves around Freo & Hill's manager?
    St Kilda offered pick 6 & a 2020 second rounder for Hill, Freo rejected it.

There's a real chance Hill stays at Freo. They want to pay hardball as they also lost Langdon so they potentially lose both starting wingers.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers