Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  153
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other club trade talk

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    St Kilda offered pick 6 & a 2020 second rounder for Hill, Freo rejected it.

There's a real chance Hill stays at Freo. They want to pay hardball as they also lost Langdon so they potentially lose both starting wingers.
    If St Kilda don’t get Hill or get a serious player (better than Howard) and have parted with pick 6 then their supporters should ask some serious questions. A long way to go yet though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If St Kilda don’t get Hill or get a serious player (better than Howard) and have parted with pick 6 then their supporters should ask some serious questions. A long way to go yet though.
    Port have also put out a statement on Howard. Basically if they don't get a decent draft pick, they will make Howard honour his contract (end 2022)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Port have also put out a statement on Howard. Basically if they don't get a decent draft pick, they will make Howard honour his contract (end 2022)
    I like this approach and hope they stick with it, same with Freo. And even Saints with Bruce.

If the deal does not satisfy the club holding the contract, too bad. You either honour it and play to your best ability, or you sit out the year and forfeit your salary.

Nominating clubs while under contract and expecting the existing club to wilt because 'they don't want to play there anymore' is ridiculous. Clubs can't turf players while under contract, if they sign someone up on a long term deal and the player turns out to be a dud...too bad. The players have way too much control and it's good to see clubs digging in.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I like this approach and hope they stick with it, same with Freo. And even Saints with Bruce.

If the deal does not satisfy the club holding the contract, too bad. You either honour it and play to your best ability, or you sit out the year and forfeit your salary.

Nominating clubs while under contract and expecting the existing club to wilt because 'they don't want to play there anymore' is ridiculous. Clubs can't turf players while under contract, if they sign someone up on a long term deal and the player turns out to be a dud...too bad. The players have way too much control and it's good to see clubs digging in.
    Agree completely. The notion of a player with 3 years left on his contract nominating the club they “want” to play for and the club being bent over for the “players welfare” is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking is Pick 18 is aimed at us... If we'd take it.

Picks 13 & 32 for Pick 18 & Bruce. Our Pick 32 currently offered, plus downgrade 5 spots from 13 to 18, late 1st round to end of 1st round.

Then they have picks 12, 13 & 32.

Us: Pick 18, Bruce, Keath, 50 & 52, 88
    Pick 18 could also be aimed at Port for Howard.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Pick 18 could also be aimed at Port for Howard.
    F/S Jackson Mead likely go before Pick 18 & matched bids. They better have checked with Port if that works for them if that’s the case.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If they wound up with 18 & 29 with Mead.

Dogs give Port: 13, 51, 53 & future 4th
    Port give Dogs: 18, 29, 68 & future 3rd

Dogs bulk up higher picks and 2020 draft points: 18, 29, 32, 44, 68 & 89 (2020 3rd)
    Port get two first rounders, plus Mead as another first rounder with our draft points given over.

Post Thanks / Like

In what world is Brad Couch worth $1 million per season?

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs bulk up higher picks and 2020 draft points: 18, 29, 32, 44, 68 & 89 (2020 3rd)
    Port get two first rounders, plus Mead as another first rounder with our draft points given over.
    I don’t mind that. Would we still hold firm on pick 32 for Bruce?

Post Thanks / Like

Contact the club BT-seems fair to both sides.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t mind that. Would we still hold firm on pick 32 for Bruce?
    Only pick 29 or 32. Same 44 on Keath. Leaving currently then Picks 18, 29/32 & 68 (89 in theory, doubt we use it)

Post Thanks / Like

In what world is Brad Couch worth $1 million per season?
    That's a lot of coin for a player who only averages 14 games a season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd trade Lukosius for Crouch if I were GCS. If they can really afford him.
    No way BT. Crouch isn’t worth $1 million and he seems a bit of a mercenary shopping himself around for $1m plus.

Post Thanks / Like

No way BT. Crouch isn’t worth $1 million and he seems a bit of a mercenary shopping himself around for $1m plus.
    I'm more thinking about players that want to play for them, vs players who are likely to go home. I agree, he's not worth coin. I wonder if he's a little more humble heading back to Adelaide for another fun preseason camp.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more thinking about players that want to play for them, vs players who are likely to go home. I agree, he's not worth coin. I wonder if he's a little more humble heading back to Adelaide for another fun preseason camp.
    You would hope so. I wonder who will write the first tell all book on the pre season camp.

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post