B: Suckling - Le. Young - Wood
    HB: JJ - Keath - Crozier
    C: Hunter - Dunkley - Richards
    HF: Schache - Bruce - McLean
    F: Lloyd - Naughton - Dale
    R: English - Bontempelli - Macrae
    Int: Smith, Liberatore, Daniel, Lipinski
    Emerg: Williams, Trengove, Wallis, Duryea

Then: Cordy, West, Hayes, Vandermeer, Gowers, Cavarra, Jong, Greene, Lynch, Porter, La Young, Sweet, Khamis,

Outs: ? Webb, Roberts, Dickson, Gardner, Roarke
    More ins: ?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020: Round 1 Team

I'm in love.

My chief concern though is the forward set-up needs a small, high-energy tackling machine and I'm not sure we have one.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm in love.

My chief concern though is the forward set-up needs a small, high-energy tackling machine and I'm not sure we have one.
    Jamie Elliott would fix that, but I will leave that for the trade thread. I agree, I'd move Dale to half forward and a pressure forward on the full forward line.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Then: Cordy, West, Hayes, Vandermeer, Gowers, Cavarra, Jong, Greene, Lynch, Porter, La Young, Sweet, Khamis,

Bt Cordy is a love child of yours. What's going on mate?

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Keath should cause a flow on effect which will allow Cordy to focus on becoming our lock down Dylan Grimes type/Dale Morris replacement. He’s been punching above his weight division for years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee that is a bloody good team. I would be keeping Cordy for sure to play the role of Morris as others have said. Now is his chance to be the player he should be. I too think dale further out with a dare I say it Dalhaus type. The one we first recruited. I find it difficult to think with the head not the heart.

B. Cordy Le Young Crozier
    HB jj Keath Wood
    C Hunter Dunkley Lipinski
    HF Dale Schache Maclean
    F Bruce Naughton Daniel
    FO English Bont Macrae
    Int Libba Smith Suckling Lloyd

A few tough calls but would love to see this come to fruition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Bt Cordy is a love child of yours. What's going on mate?
    Too many good players!

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love it if Le. Young takes a huge leap forward next year. We need a solid full back. Competition for spots will be really tight next year if we can keep our boys fit.

Still have high hopes for B williams and am perplexed at how far backward he went this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Gee that is a bloody good team. I would be keeping Cordy for sure to play the role of Morris as others have said. Now is his chance to be the player he should be. I too think dale further out with a dare I say it Dalhaus type. The one we first recruited. I find it difficult to think with the head not the heart.

B. Cordy Le Young Crozier
    HB jj Keath Wood
    C Hunter Dunkley Lipinski
    HF Dale Schache Maclean
    F Bruce Naughton Daniel
    FO English Bont Macrae
    Int Libba Smith Suckling Lloyd

A few tough calls but would love to see this come to fruition
    Those teams are comparable best 22 with any team in the comp. They are a little short in depth in the 18-24 spots but if we can keep our best team out on the park we will give it a huge shake next year.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Would love it if Le. Young takes a huge leap forward next year. We need a solid full back. Competition for spots will be really tight next year if we can keep our boys fit.

Still have high hopes for B williams and am perplexed at how far backward he went this year.
    Will Williams be part of the deal to get a Keith to the dogs?

Can’t wait for 2020. With Keith we will see Wood play that interception type and back to his AA form
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Will Williams be part of the deal to get a Keith to the dogs?

Can’t wait for 2020. With Keith we will see Wood play that interception type and back to his AA form
    Just signed on.... I mean. Possibly ...but that's some real mind game stuff if it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    Just signed on.... I mean. Possibly ...but that's some real mind game stuff if it happens.
    I haven’t been this excited after a home and away season since the Barry Hall signing

Well apart from 2016 ��
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the very likely inclusion of book end key position players on paper we already have a very strong playing list.
    We are still a bit light on for a versatile back up ruckman and probably some midfield depth but we do have substantial depth for mid sized defenders and forwards.

I hope we can find a tagger or at least reset someone already on our list into that sort of player.

We will be more than competitive next season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if we will see a full time tagger in Bevo’s reign. We will see it used as a tactic but not full time. He seems a bit of old school thinking. He is not real keen on Leon Cameron at the moment as he has displayed a win at all costs attitude. Doesn’t care what it takes to get the glory. . I think Bevo has a bit of concern regarding the game as a whole (will have to been in a position of power one day as not many care for the state of the game like he does). From my perspective it seems that Bevo views this role as detriment to the game, a bit negative, a sort of desperation tactic. Bevo wants the best players doing their thing and if it means we don’t win them all then so be it. I think he would prefer to not win rather than to win by using negative or dirty tactics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Not sure if we will see a full time tagger in Bevo’s reign. We will see it used as a tactic but not full time. He seems a bit of old school thinking. He is not real keen on Leon Cameron at the moment as he has displayed a win at all costs attitude. Doesn’t care what it takes to get the glory. . I think Bevo has a bit of concern regarding the game as a whole (will have to been in a position of power one day as not many care for the state of the game like he does). From my perspective it seems that Bevo views this role as detriment to the game, a bit negative, a sort of desperation tactic. Bevo wants the best players doing their thing and if it means we don’t win them all then so be it. I think he would prefer to not win rather than to win by using negative or dirty tactics.
    I think the old school thinking is that taggers have a place, Bevo backs his midfield to win which given the quality of ours is a reasonable position. When we played Carlton early in the season and got touched up Cripps dominated (3 Brownlow votes) and had 37 possessions. When we played them a few weeks later Macrae put some work into him and from memory he had a more reasonable 25 possession game and we had a close win. Macrae had 37 possessions that game

There is a place for taggers or if you want to call it run with players and I hope we give it some thought for 2020
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"