Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  49
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020: Round 1 Team

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed and that was what I was getting at. Play him deep. He's smart, a great mark, kicks well and can apply heavy pressure. He needs to become a Picken-type player to survive.
    Agree. He is so classy in traffic around the forward 50 and knows where the goals are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Doesn’t Bailey Dale play deep? I know players interchange positions readily, but I see Dale as being more effective and with greater scope in that area.

And I’m not sure McLean applies heavy pressure. He is ok in this area, but it isn’t a strength of his game.
    Np I disagree.
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 15-10-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    B: Suckling - Le. Young - Wood
    HB: JJ - Keath - Crozier
    C: Hunter - Dunkley - Richards
    HF: Schache - Bruce - McLean
    F: Lloyd - Naughton - Dale
    R: English - Bontempelli - Macrae
    Int: Smith, Liberatore, Daniel, Lipinski
    Emerg: Williams, Trengove, Wallis, Duryea

Then: Cordy, West, Hayes, Vandermeer, Gowers, Cavarra, Jong, Greene, Lynch, Porter, La Young, Sweet, Khamis,

Outs: ? Webb, Roberts, Dickson, Gardner, Roarke
    More ins: ?
    And a pick 13 kid maybe too. Looks better knowing their ours for sure.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I want Trengove in the 22 Round 1. We are definitely in a good position to have a real crack at it.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I want Trengove in the 22 Round 1. We are definitely in a good position to have a real crack at it.
    Who comes out of the round 23 team to allow JT and Keath in? Assuming you also want Keath in R1

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs

B: Wood, Cordy, Crozier
    HB: JJ, Keath, Suckling
    C: Hunter, Dunkley, Smith
    HF:Schache, Naughton, Dale
    F: Dickson, Bruce, Lloyd
    R:English, Bont, Macrae
    Int: Daniel, Wallis, Duryea, Libba

Footscray

B: Young, Trengove, Khamis
    HB: Vandermeer, Young, Lynch
    C: Williams, McLean, Richards
    HF:Hayes, CHF, Jong
    F: Cavarra, FF, Gowers
    R: Sweet, Lipinski, West
    Int: Porter, Greene,

we are missing a couple of big guys who can play forward

Add up to 6 Draftees/Rookies

emg: Gardner, Roberts, Webb, R.Smith (all uncontracted atm)
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Doc, that's tough on Richards, McLean and Lipinski and it's a small IC bench but otherwise a good line-up

Just think we have to play either Trengove or Lewis Young
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,

It’s a tough job, but the issues I have with your team are:

* I’m not having Cordy playing as a tall defender. He either plays in a BP or on a flank or doesn’t play.
    * Can’t see Dickson playing first up (if at all) and especially along with Lloyd & Dale.
    * As per GVGjr’s comments I’m not a fan of the bench... think we have better options than many of those in the 2’s.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at Docs side just highlights to me what a good job Power did over the last trade period. We are at the point with our list that we need clearly best 22 role players rather than play around the periphery.

Would love to replace Dickson(one of my favs) with Papley, I'm glad we didn't go after someone like Bulter would have been around the edges all so.

We have so many similar types around these edges, that it's very difficult to pick a side. Is there a significant difference either way? Thats the question I have.

We need a massive preseason from Richards, he has traits that we lack, there is clearly a role in the 22 for him. I'll give him a pass this year, thought he was the luckiest player on the list but obviously the match committee can see these traits but they weren't there nearly enough.

I'm really excited about La Young. We have depth in his position but it's getting on a bit I think he will be clearly best 22 soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Doc, that's tough on Richards, McLean and Lipinski and it's a small IC bench but otherwise a good line-up

Just think we have to play either Trengove or Lewis Young
    Agree on Trengrove who is best suited at FB against the opposition’s tall key forwards. Lipinski deserves to be played. The recruitment of Keath indicates he is being preferred to Lew Young. Cordy deserves to remain as the third big defender. The jury is still out on Libba to be in our best 22 given his spate of injuries. Dickson given an injury free preseason is hard to ignore given his value as a goal kicker. Believe Duryea and Lach Young offer better skills than Suckling. Richards has pace which isn’t a strength of our smaller brigade

Post Thanks / Like

B: Wood, Le. Young, Crozier
    HB: JJ, Keath, Duryea
    C: Hunter, Macrae, B.Smith
    HF: Daniel, Naughton, Lloyd
    F: Dale, Bruce, Schache
    R: English, Bont, Dunkley
    Int: McLean, Libba, Suckling, Lipsinki
    ---------------------------------------------
    I wouldn't have Schache locked in. He has to do a lot more now to get a game. Would love to see Richards doing well as we could do with his type. Wally needs to get a body of work going a bit as we have a lot of his type but not discounting early.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a hard team to break into next year. But if those out of the 22 put in good performances, those in the 22 better be performing. I love serious competition.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Footscray

B: Young, Trengove, Khamis
    HB: Vandermeer, Young, Lynch
    C: Williams, McLean, Richards
    HF:Hayes, CHF, Jong
    F: Cavarra, FF, Gowers
    R: Sweet, Lipinski, West
    Int: Porter, Greene,

we are missing a couple of big guys who can play forward

Add up to 6 Draftees/Rookies

emg: Gardner, Roberts, Webb, R.Smith (all uncontracted atm)
    I was listening to Wylie Buzza on SEN yesterday and thought he would be worth considering for a spot
    When look at the Footscray team I think we need his type that can play forward and take a turn in the ruck as needed
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Who comes out of the round 23 team to allow JT and Keath in? Assuming you also want Keath in R1
    Lewis Young for mine.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we’ve lost some towering figures: Morris, Picken, Boyd, Roberts (AFL P’Ship Players) & Webb (VFL P’Ship Player).

But over the past two years of a maximum 220 games played between them (ie. 5 x 22 games, x2 seasons), their output was just 33 combined games over two years. We are not having to cover their impact on the team, while signing Bruce & Keath (who are highly likely to play more than 33 games combined next year) and a pick 13 quality kid.

The list turnover of five, now formal, already feels like a strong advance moving into Round 1.