Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  49
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020: Round 1 Team

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I was listening to Wylie Buzza on SEN yesterday and thought he would be worth considering for a spot
    When look at the Footscray team I think we need his type that can play forward and take a turn in the ruck as needed
    We could do worse than rookie him, but the media expect him to head to Port
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Our Backline:

Even with the addition of Alex Keath our 2020 list still lacks a key lock down defender and while the form of Cordy wasn't as good as we hoped this year and the selectors lost a small degree of faith with Trengove late in the season I find it difficult not to have at least one of the in the best 22 for next season

To me both Keath and Lewis Young are more the intercept defender types that certainly have their place but are either of them that great as one on one or as a lock down player?

I think our back line has plenty of quality players to pick from but perhaps we are still a key position defender short of an ideal set-up

Really looking forward to see how we may set-up in 2020. JJ and Crozier are quality players, it will be interesting to see if Daniel and Duryea can play consistently together and if Wood can recapture some better form.
    It will also be great to see if Lachlan Young can build on his 2019 season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    B: Wood, Le. Young, Crozier
    HB: JJ, Keath, Duryea
    C: Hunter, Macrae, B.Smith
    HF: Daniel, Naughton, Lloyd
    F: Dale, Bruce, Schache
    R: English, Bont, Dunkley
    Int: McLean, Libba, Suckling, Lipsinki
    ---------------------------------------------
    I wouldn't have Schache locked in. He has to do a lot more now to get a game. Would love to see Richards doing well as we could do with his type. Wally needs to get a body of work going a bit as we have a lot of his type but not discounting early.

Good team. I’d go with that.

Post Thanks / Like

B. Cordy Le Young Crozier
    HB JJ Keath La Young
    C Hunter Libba Macrae
    HF Daniel Schache Lloyd
    FF Bruce Naughton Dickson
    Fo English Bont Dunkley
    Int B Smith Wood Lipinski Suckling

Cordy to be a lockdown defender if required
    Maclean to push hard to replace Suckling
    Duryea to try replace Wood
    Dale to have to displace Dickson

would really like to see Daniel delivering into the F50. How good would it be to be on the end of his delivery
    I like something about Lachie Young. I think after a big preseasons we might see him in the round one side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    HB JJ Keath La Young
    C Hunter Libba Macrae
    HF Daniel Schache Lloyd
    Fo English Bont Dunkley

would really like to see Daniel delivering into the F50. How good would it be to be on the end of his delivery
    I like something about Lachie Young. I think after a big preseasons we might see him in the round one side.
    Captain Wood?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Captain Wood?
    New era to begin with the Bont handed the captaincy. Have been saying for awhile now that Wood will return to his best once the Captaincy burden is lifted. Perfect example is a Boak this year. New team new captain Wood served us well but time for the Bont to excel

Post Thanks / Like

New era to begin with the Bont handed the captaincy. Have been saying for awhile now that Wood will return to his best once the Captaincy burden is lifted. Perfect example is a Boak this year. New team new captain Wood served us well but time for the Bont to excel
    So you think he is not best 22?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So you think he is not best 22?
    He named him on the bench.

9. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Our Backline:

Even with the addition of Alex Keath our 2020 list still lacks a key lock down defender and while the form of Cordy wasn't as good as we hoped this year and the selectors lost a small degree of faith with Trengove late in the season I find it difficult not to have at least one of the in the best 22 for next season

To me both Keath and Lewis Young are more the intercept defender types that certainly have their place but are either of them that great as one on one or as a lock down player?

I think our back line has plenty of quality players to pick from but perhaps we are still a key position defender short of an ideal set-up

Really looking forward to see how we may set-up in 2020. JJ and Crozier are quality players, it will be interesting to see if Daniel and Duryea can play consistently together and if Wood can recapture some better form.
    It will also be great to see if Lachlan Young can build on his 2019 season.
    I didn't read Trengove's omission as a loss of faith - I figured it was more that Lewis had done enough to keep his spot and Jackson was never going to keep big Tim out of the team as a ruck. In retrospect, we got away with it against Adelaide (despite Walker looking dangerous) and got exposed in the first final.

Trengove's last game in defense for the year was the Essendon game - they were held to a goal until 5 minutes left (not that I'm suggesting he was solely responsible, but it's a good reflection on the back 6/7)

I'd play all Trengove, Keath & Lewis Young and let Wood / Cordy / Lachie Young battle it out for the 4th defender..... I believe any role the Cordy has done to date, Lewis Young could potentially do just as well.

Don't think both Suckling & Duryea can both play defense if everyone is fit. Would rather Caleb move further up the ground. JJ & Crozier are locks, and I suspect Duryea is with the MC as well.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He named him on the bench.
    Thanks, missed that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I didn't read Trengove's omission as a loss of faith - I figured it was more that Lewis had done enough to keep his spot and Jackson was never going to keep big Tim out of the team as a ruck. In retrospect, we got away with it against Adelaide (despite Walker looking dangerous) and got exposed in the first final.

Trengove's last game in defense for the year was the Essendon game - they were held to a goal until 5 minutes left (not that I'm suggesting he was solely responsible, but it's a good reflection on the back 6/7)

I'd play all Trengove, Keath & Lewis Young and let Wood / Cordy / Lachie Young battle it out for the 4th defender..... I believe any role the Cordy has done to date, Lewis Young could potentially do just as well.

Don't think both Suckling & Duryea can both play defense if everyone is fit. Would rather Caleb move further up the ground. JJ & Crozier are locks, and I suspect Duryea is with the MC as well.
    The word potential is doing a bit of work there IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Lewis Young is in anyway close to bringing the hardness that Cordy has naturally.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

HB JJ Keath La Young
    C Hunter Libba Macrae
    HF Daniel Schache Lloyd
    Fo English Bont Dunkley

Interesting team, you've backed Lachlan Young in. I'm glad you have stuck with Cordy
    I don't mind it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if we go with only one of Lloyd or Dickson, and back in another midfielder like Wallis to give us some more grunt and fliexibility in the middle.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I don't think Lewis Young is in anyway close to bringing the hardness that Cordy has naturally.
    Yeah.... didn’t think he had a great end to the year (not just the final)

Will be interesting how they structure it
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs