Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you target for trade now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Vred you I are the man. I would love it. I would give up anything for these two it would complete us no doubt at all
    I'd honestly throw everything we can to nail down those two. I know it would push someone like Dickson out of the side but seriously. A forward line with Dale, Naughton, Llyod, Bruce, Elliott, Schache (who I am still bullish on) and if we can develop someone like West into a tackle-machine up forward, it would be the scariest forward line in the comp.

One could only dream.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Papley willing to go anywhere as long as he is back in Melbourne.

I say lets go for him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Papley willing to go anywhere as long as he is back in Melbourne.

I say lets go for him
    Kitchen sink.

Carlton would be at least pick 8. We'd have to add a player good enough to cover our pick 13.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Kitchen sink.

Carlton would be at least pick 8. We'd have to add a player good enough to cover our pick 13.
    I am sure something can be worked out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Would someone like Lynch be of interest to them with pick 13.

He may get a better run at Sydney.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce, Keath & Papley would be an unbelievable result. Dare to dream, Sam P.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If we could find a way just to get Keath and Bruce across the line and still have a pick in the 20s I'd be doing backflips.

Elijah Taylor, Flea or a genuine slider.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Papas would be shit hot just what we need.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee I hope we are into Papley.

He would be a perfect addition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If we could find a way just to get Keath and Bruce across the line and still have a pick in the 20s I'd be doing backflips.

Elijah Taylor, Flea or a genuine slider.
    That should be the bare minimum result.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Gee I hope we are into Papley.

He would be a perfect addition.
    Reading about what's going on with him, it sounds close to what Josh Schache was going through in his last year at Brisbane. I imagine as both were drafted in 2015 from country teams, they may know each other from way back. Schache might be a good ambassador (with Bonts & Naughton) to grab a meal and talk about footy and how our club supported him back to a healthy balance of professional footy and closeness of family.

The highest bid looks like Pick 9 with Carlton.
    Our pick 13 then has to have a good player added, probably a mid McLean/Lipinski/Libba/Wallis type. Fringe players have no currency. Look to minor exchanges of their pick 28 & 45 for our pick 35 & 53 after compo shuffles. (Makes Bruce & Keath & future 2nd pick trade's easier)
    Offer him the $700,000 X 5 (that Martin knocked back)

If he is in fact gettable, big IF, then we should make it happen.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 04-10-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading about what's going on with him, it sounds close to what Josh Schache was going through in his last year at Brisbane. I imagine as both were drafted in 2015 from country teams, they may know each other from way back. Schache might be a good ambassador (with Bonts & Naughton) to grab a meal and talk about footy and how our club supported him back to a healthy balance of professional footy and closeness of family.

Our pick 13 then has to have a good player added, probably a mid McLean/Lipinski/Libba/Wallis type. Fringe players have no currency. Look to minor exchanges of their pick 28 & 45 for our pick 35 & 53 after compo shuffles. (Makes Bruce & Keath & future 2nd pick trade's easier)

I’d be very careful about trading out F/S unless they request it.

And Libba was top 5 B&F in the first half of the year. He’s going nowhere. He’s not replaceable.

14. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We seem to have committed to both Keath and Schache so I can't quite see how we can make a play for Papely with the picks we have as it stands. Would he really be that much of a difference maker for us?

Things to consider:
    - We still need to position ourselves better for next years targets, we can't lose sight of that
    - Could we package up the 3rd round picks into something that would satisfy Adelaide or StKilda while maintaining an early pick?
    - Our list spots are very tight
    - Could we trade away one of our own established players to improve our position?

There are a lot of things to consider, this is where Power and his team earn their keep but I'm not sure we have the chips to do so unless we take a vastly longer term view on things
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

And Libba was top 5 B&F in the first half of the year. He’s going nowhere. He’s not replaceable.
    I completely agree. After losing numerous mids to retirement/trade, and Kennedy getting on, they should be in a lot of players ears. If they offered longer years, same/slightly better money no a promise of 90/10 split of plying midfield. That might entice someone to look at being open to a trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

Spot on, trying to trade any player who didn't see it coming is typically a problem for a club as it can impact the other players and I agree the father son players make it a bit harder as well.

I doubt we would have any player in our best 22 looking to leave us but perhaps some of the players just outside of that would be interested if other clubs approached them
    Could someone like Zaine Cordy see the writing on the wall that he is potentially behind Keath, Trengove, Lewis and Lachlan Young and Wood for a senior spot and think his best chance could be at another club?
    A few here have mentioned McLean also

Once the trade period starts there could be a few clubs with an eye on our players
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"