Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  24
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you target for trade now?

Papley is a good player but when did he become Leigh Matthews? He must have a fantastic manager because he is being talked up brilliantly this trade period.

I notice that Zac Williams made top 5 in the GWS B&F last night - Taranto won and Hopper finished 3rd. I would have no hesitation in offering our first pick this year for Williams (and getting a 2nd round pick back next year to help with draft points). Rate him very highly - the way he stepped in and dominated in midfield against the filth in the PF was highly impressive.

Failing that, I heard that Aidan Bonar is on 400k a year to kick the dew off the grass at NEAFL so the Giants clearly still have some salary cap dumping to do in order to hold onto Cameron and Whitfield (and their young gun mids in the future).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Testekill, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Papley is a good player but when did he become Leigh Matthews? He must have a fantastic manager because he is being talked up brilliantly this trade period.

I notice that Zac Williams made top 5 in the GWS B&F last night - Taranto won and Hopper finished 3rd. I would have no hesitation in offering our first pick this year for Williams (and getting a 2nd round pick back next year to help with draft points). Rate him very highly - the way he stepped in and dominated in midfield against the filth in the PF was highly impressive.

Failing that, I heard that Aidan Bonar is on 400k a year to kick the dew off the grass at NEAFL so the Giants clearly still have some salary cap dumping to do in order to hold onto Cameron and Whitfield (and their young gun mids in the future).
    I do agree - a top 10 pick is stupid which seems like what it'll end up being close to.

I like him as a player though and I think he'd fit our dynamic well as a small forward who creates movement, gets to the feet of the big forwards and also applies pressure. We really don't have anyone like that on our list - Cavarra from the little I have seen is nowhere near that type of player.

Williams would be a great get but I can't see them letting him go anywhere. Bonar is a kid granted but what I've seen looked ... boring?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the Papley love. Agree he is a good player but I'd be reluctant to deal our 1st round pick for him
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Bullies, DOG GOD, Raw Toast, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Appears it's handy to be publicly pondering a move when there's few if any others doing likewise who happen to play your position.

That, and even fringe shit trucks being useful fodder for headlines this time of year.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Papley is a stud. The rare combination of outstanding forward pressure and actual danger around goals, and when deployed in the Swans midfield actually looked like their most dynamic stoppage threat. He can be the player that Essendon thought they were getting in Stringer.

Pick 13 isn't pick 5. I've been pretty clear about trading out tippy top picks but 13 (which will probably end up 15) isn't one of those, and especially not when you get in a player as young and as good as Papley. Brisbane got Cameron for 12, a similar player who was not as good as Papley when they made the trade.

I know you're reading Sam. Do the trade.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams is a super player, would pay up to get him even if he's in a position that we're pretty strong in.

I do like Papley but he's seeking midfield time and that's gonna be tough for us to provide. We'd have to give McLean or Lipinski the boot to fit him into the 22.

Post Thanks / Like

"WESTERN BULLDOGS reportedly made a bid for young Carlton midfielder Zac Fisher, according to the Herald Sun. The Blues quickly rejected the approach for the 55-game youngster, who they selected with Pick 27 in the 2016 national draft. It’s understood the Bulldogs were keen on Fisher for his line-breaking ability and excellent left foot. The 21-year-old lives with Blues captain and fellow West Australian Patrick Cripps. He is contracted until the end of 2021."
    Insane, love it, we're going for even more lefties!

11. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing that we are going for more left footers. It might be just that we're going for good kicks but interesting if its a strategy.

Post Thanks / Like

Zac Fisher is a very nice player. I like the thinking behind targetting elite users who can also win their own ball.

14. Likes Grantysghost, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Zac Fisher is a very nice player. I like the thinking behind targetting elite users who can also win their own ball.
    I really don’t see it with him. To me, he’s a lot like Caleb without the field vision and actually plays like his size. We’d have to give up probably 13 and it’s too rich for my blood.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I really don’t see it with him. To me, he’s a lot like Caleb without the field vision and actually plays like his size. We’d have to give up probably 13 and it’s too rich for my blood.
    His size is his only real negative. He is a beautiful user of the ball and can actually win it himself despite his lack of size.

Not sure of his trade worth but I do like that we are targeting players who are natural footballers and use it well. Meanwhile Melbourne have added 2 ball butchers to a midfield already full of butchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Heaps quicker than Caleb and actually carries the ball rather than a win ball stop offload creatively player like Caleb. He's slight but he's predominately outside and uses it well. Has a goal radar too. I like him alot but 13 is too high something the other side of 20 I'd pay no problem.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.