Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we legitimate contenders in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    You're probably right - I just thought it was interesting that Rance was virtually an anonymous face in the crowd yesterday when he is every bit a club champion for Richmond in the same way that Bob was for us.
    It may have been a different story if it was 2017 and he missed out on it.

We will get a second crack at a premiership with this group and we can only hope we handle ourselves better next time.

Post Thanks / Like

You're probably right - I just thought it was interesting that Rance was virtually an anonymous face in the crowd yesterday when he is every bit a club champion for Richmond in the same way that Bob was for us.
    I think you are giving them a little too much credit. Rance already has a premiership medal and I'm betting that if he had missed out in 2017 that he would have been on the dais wanting a medal too.

The thing that really shitted me about us not firing a shot in our premiership defence was that it let blokes like Murphy down. It was almost a case of "I'm right mate, I've played in a premiership. Who cares if Murph and Wally miss out and retire without a medal?" I can't understand how you could look teammates like Murphy and Wallis in the eye after the effort in 2017.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes Dry Rot, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree.

Our club basically imploded in October 2014 and Murph put his hand up to lead an absolute rabble.

They both had ACL injuries but for me that's where the similarities ended. Wallis was an anonymous face in the crowd in 2016 except unlike Rance, wasn't in the coaches box.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers