Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dumbest Trade Rumour 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I nearly choked today listening to Mitch Cleary saying the Suns should part with pick 14 this year and pick 6 next year (speculative) for the services of Brad Crouch who averages just 14 games a year.
    While he is a good player, but with a few limitations, if he is going to generate 2 first round picks for the Crows then to me that's just a hugely speculative deal without enough assurances to succeed

Is Mitch Cleary an expert?
    May as well. Who else are they going to get who is going to stay there?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Michael Barlow suggested picks 1 and 2 for both Crouch brothers. FFS.
    I don't think the Crouch brothers can play together TBH. Too similar.

GCS have to keep 1 & 2 for Anderson and Rowell, simply have to. Trade everything else for mature assets.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't think the Crouch brothers can play together TBH. Too similar.

GCS have to keep 1 & 2 for Aenderson and Rowell, simply have to. Trade everything else for mature assets.
    How excited must these two boys be, knowing they are most likely to end up at GCS?
    Both would be praying GCS trade off picks 1 & 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I know it’s Twitter, but:

“I've been hearing Grant Birchall, Isaac Smith, Jack Gunston and Liam Shiels in exchange for Picks 1, 2 and 15 thrown around...“

OMG
    These are the sort of rumours you bring upon yourself when you trade pick 2 for Lachie Weller.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Surely this is the dumbest

"Brandon Ellis is worth a first-round pick." Could the Tigers receive handy compensation for the departing Brandon Ellis? @cleary_mitch
    believes so | https://sen.lu/2o089uf |
    #AFL
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Surely this is the dumbest
    I actually think they will get it. I mean he is worth as much as Motlop. There will always be confusion when the AFL do things surrounded in secrecy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I actually think they will get it. I mean he is worth as much as Motlop. There will always be confusion when the AFL do things surrounded in secrecy.
    By the formula, his contract woudn't be far off band 2 which is an end of first round pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    By the formula, his contract woudn't be far off band 2 which is an end of first round pick.
    Good chance that happens. Then I suspect they will look to trade up the draft order by using picks 19 & 20 as the bait.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Picks for free agents is stupid.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Picks for free agents is stupid.
    You're right. They aren't really free agents if all the other clubs fall back in the draft order.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You're right. They aren't really free agents if all the other clubs fall back in the draft order.
    Especially when you pick up a free agent on big money (Lynch) with no trading required which increases cap pressure leading to another free agent leaving the year after (Ellis) and then getting compensated for it.

Richmond are literally abusing the Gold Coast debacle at every opportunity for their own gain.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone seen David kings rumour about Jeremy’s cameron landing at the bombers?

Essentially means the bombers give up 2 “elite” players - Danniher and Fantasia (and their first and late picks) in a 4 club trade. Once again, the clear winner from that scenario is the bombers...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    anyone seen David kings rumour about Jeremy’s cameron landing at the bombers?

Essentially means the bombers give up 2 “elite” players - Danniher and Fantasia (and their first and late picks) in a 4 club trade. Once again, the clear winner from that scenario is the bombers...
    More of a suggestion than a rumour.

Post Thanks / Like

David King did nail Port Adelaide pretty well though when talking about Fantasia:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gr...334201f87cf9a9

David King hasn’t held back in his assessment of Port Adelaide and its ability to get the best out of recruits, saying it’s where “elephants go to die in terms of traded players”.

The dual North Melbourne premiership player suggested the club’s track record of turning good recruits into great players had fallen short, and that Orazio Fantasia could join the long list were he to land at Alberton this trade period.

The Bombers small forward has been linked with a move back to South Australia, with Port Adelaide confirming its interest in Fantasia on Wednesday.

King shrouded doubt over whether the likes of Tom Rockliff, Jack Watts, Steven Motlop, Charlie Dixon, Paddy Ryder, Jack Hombsch, Jake Neade, Trent McKenzie, Jimmy Toumpas and Sam Mayes had improved at Port Adelaide, suggesting Fantasia could be added to the pile.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's being harsh on Charlie Dixon but there is certainly a conversation to be had about the rest of that list of names.

If hrs first name wasn't so over pronounced by Brian Taylor then Orazio wouldn't be as highly valued as he seems to be