Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

How underwhelming.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How underwhelming.
    There was some speculation a few weeks back that there would be 2 changes to the coaching so it was never going to be wholesale changes

Getting Smith back is a positive as he built a strong rapport with the defensive players before he moved into other roles
    I would have preferred at least one other change but lets now see how the team performs
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes azabob, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There was some speculation a few weeks back that there would be 2 changes to the coaching so it was never going to be wholesale changes

Getting Smith back is a positive as he built a strong rapport with the defensive players before he moved into other roles
    I would have preferred at least one other change but lets now see how the team performs

I also was hoping for an addition that was outside of the club.
    I wonder if the strong end to the home and away season put a stop to bringing in an assistant from outside the club?
    The other unknown is we may have targeted someone and it fell through, they may have got a senior job.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I also was hoping for an addition that was outside of the club.
    I wonder if the strong end to the home and away season put a stop to bringing in an assistant from outside the club?
    The other unknown is we may have targeted someone and it fell through, they may have got a senior job.
    You have probably hit the nail on the head but I would imagine that when Bevo signed the extension he already had strong ideas of the coaches he wanted around him. If no one poaches our coaches they might all get long service with us

Post Thanks / Like

You have probably hit the nail on the head but I would imagine that when Bevo signed the extension he already had strong ideas of the coaches he wanted around him. If no one poaches our coaches they might all get long service with us
    Since the premiership we have had 4 changes out of 9. The other 5 have moved around including stints as VFL coach.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Since the premiership we have had 4 changes out of 9. The other 5 have moved around including stints as VFL coach.
    Monty went before we won the flag and I think Jennings work with the coaches and not directly with the players

Essentially the players have been listening to the same voices for many years (Smith, Gia, King, Hansen and Corey) albeit with some shuffling of the roles the coaches perform. I'd probably lean to the notion that this isn't ideal and that the occasional new direction could prove invigorating for some of the players

Post Thanks / Like

Monty went before we won the flag and I think Jennings work with the coaches and not directly with the players

Essentially the players have been listening to the same voices for many years (Smith, Gia, King, Hansen and Corey) albeit with some shuffling of the roles the coaches perform. I'd probably lean to the notion that this isn't ideal and that the occasional new direction could prove invigorating for some of the players
    A couple more changes would have been good.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.