Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

As a mater of interest, what are the salary ranges for AFL coaches, assistant coaches and support staff?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The big clubs will find a work around. Their extra coaches will be employed by their sponsors and work at the club as unpaid interns.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The big clubs will find a work around. Their extra coaches will be employed by their sponsors and work at the club as unpaid interns.
    I wonder if Chris Judd's mum, is still working for Visy
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I don't think it's as easy as that. Isn't more about how many people 'can' be at the club and the training facility?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Corey, Russell and Morris are the three stood down coaches. Corey is the stoppages and set play coach and I suspect he is paying the price for how poor these facets have been in our last two matches.
    Seriously? I think this whole pandemic thing and the associated budget cuts are more to do with it.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    As a mater of interest, what are the salary ranges for AFL coaches, assistant coaches and support staff?
    Not sure but I remember when we lost an assistant under Rocket, he said we couldn't match the offer and he was going for $120k, but that was 10 years ago
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing, but the times we’re in

Post Thanks / Like

This was an ideal opportunity to refresh our Assistant coaching group by including one of our greats and highly regarded in Dale Morris
    After 4 indifferent years we continue to lack looking to improve our off field football management.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the cuts had more to do with how many you are allowed to have on game day (6 now I think) and who was most crucial to keep. As I understand it, none of the 3 that were let go are line coaches, so it is likely that the decision is down to that.

Hopefully once clubs slowly return to normal, some of these coaches will be given opportunities to come back into the fold. Pretty hard to move on line coaches and replace them with a new development coach like Moz after the line coaches have implemented their plans for the season throughout the pre-season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think the cuts had more to do with how many you are allowed to have on game day (6 now I think) and who was most crucial to keep. As I understand it, none of the 3 that were let go are line coaches, so it is likely that the decision is down to that.

Hopefully once clubs slowly return to normal, some of these coaches will be given opportunities to come back into the fold. Pretty hard to move on line coaches and replace them with a new development coach like Moz after the line coaches have implemented their plans for the season throughout the pre-season.
    Ozza, we appear to have preferred Gia over Corey so there must be something to that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ozza, we appear to have preferred Gia over Corey so there must be something to that
    Isn't Gia our VFL coach? I'd imagine a VFL coach is more important than a line coach if you had to lose someone mid-season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Isn't Gia our VFL coach? I'd imagine a VFL coach is more important than a line coach if you had to lose someone mid-season.
    Other clubs don't appear to have followed that though

I think it's a sign simply of where we rank our coaches

Post Thanks / Like

Corey's exclusion is interesting.

He's been at the club a long while now - 5+ years? Stiff to get the chop before Gia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Other clubs don't appear to have followed that though

I think it's a sign simply of where we rank our coaches
    Perhaps its a sign that we think the VFL team is pretty important and if/when the VFL starts up we'd like to have a coach.

The reality is, these are very tough decisions, and everything I am hearing (including from someone close to me who's been stood down by the club) is that Ameet and Granty have been outstanding throughout a difficult period and that none of the decisions on personnel have been taken lightly or without careful strategic thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Perhaps its a sign that we think the VFL team is pretty important and if/when the VFL starts up we'd like to have a coach.

The reality is, these are very tough decisions, and everything I am hearing (including from someone close to me who's been stood down by the club) is that Ameet and Granty have been outstanding throughout a difficult period and that none of the decisions on personnel have been taken lightly or without careful strategic thinking.
    I'm 100% sure we have gone through a process in a very compassionate manner. I think we rate Gia as a coach which is why we brought him back into the reduced senior structure