Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Inside the mind of Brian Lake
    Posts
    5,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    As a mater of interest, what are the salary ranges for AFL coaches, assistant coaches and support staff?
    HEIGHT IS OVERRATED: CALEB DANIEL > TOM BOYD

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    The big clubs will find a work around. Their extra coaches will be employed by their sponsors and work at the club as unpaid interns.
    There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, talent is not enough. Some of the athletes with the most potential never pan out. What separates the good from the great is determination and work ethic.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    9,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The big clubs will find a work around. Their extra coaches will be employed by their sponsors and work at the club as unpaid interns.
    I wonder if Chris Judd's mum, is still working for Visy
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    26,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The big clubs will find a work around. Their extra coaches will be employed by their sponsors and work at the club as unpaid interns.
    I don't think it's as easy as that. Isn't more about how many people 'can' be at the club and the training facility?
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    8,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Corey, Russell and Morris are the three stood down coaches. Corey is the stoppages and set play coach and I suspect he is paying the price for how poor these facets have been in our last two matches.
    Seriously? I think this whole pandemic thing and the associated budget cuts are more to do with it.
    Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    41,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    As a mater of interest, what are the salary ranges for AFL coaches, assistant coaches and support staff?
    Not sure but I remember when we lost an assistant under Rocket, he said we couldn't match the offer and he was going for $120k, but that was 10 years ago
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Disappointing, but the times we’re in

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastern suburbs
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    This was an ideal opportunity to refresh our Assistant coaching group by including one of our greats and highly regarded in Dale Morris
    After 4 indifferent years we continue to lack looking to improve our off field football management.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    5,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    I think the cuts had more to do with how many you are allowed to have on game day (6 now I think) and who was most crucial to keep. As I understand it, none of the 3 that were let go are line coaches, so it is likely that the decision is down to that.

    Hopefully once clubs slowly return to normal, some of these coaches will be given opportunities to come back into the fold. Pretty hard to move on line coaches and replace them with a new development coach like Moz after the line coaches have implemented their plans for the season throughout the pre-season.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    26,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think the cuts had more to do with how many you are allowed to have on game day (6 now I think) and who was most crucial to keep. As I understand it, none of the 3 that were let go are line coaches, so it is likely that the decision is down to that.

    Hopefully once clubs slowly return to normal, some of these coaches will be given opportunities to come back into the fold. Pretty hard to move on line coaches and replace them with a new development coach like Moz after the line coaches have implemented their plans for the season throughout the pre-season.
    Ozza, we appear to have preferred Gia over Corey so there must be something to that
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    9,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ozza, we appear to have preferred Gia over Corey so there must be something to that
    Isn't Gia our VFL coach? I'd imagine a VFL coach is more important than a line coach if you had to lose someone mid-season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    26,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Isn't Gia our VFL coach? I'd imagine a VFL coach is more important than a line coach if you had to lose someone mid-season.
    Other clubs don't appear to have followed that though

    I think it's a sign simply of where we rank our coaches
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Corey's exclusion is interesting.

    He's been at the club a long while now - 5+ years? Stiff to get the chop before Gia.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    5,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Other clubs don't appear to have followed that though

    I think it's a sign simply of where we rank our coaches
    Perhaps its a sign that we think the VFL team is pretty important and if/when the VFL starts up we'd like to have a coach.

    The reality is, these are very tough decisions, and everything I am hearing (including from someone close to me who's been stood down by the club) is that Ameet and Granty have been outstanding throughout a difficult period and that none of the decisions on personnel have been taken lightly or without careful strategic thinking.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    26,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Perhaps its a sign that we think the VFL team is pretty important and if/when the VFL starts up we'd like to have a coach.

    The reality is, these are very tough decisions, and everything I am hearing (including from someone close to me who's been stood down by the club) is that Ameet and Granty have been outstanding throughout a difficult period and that none of the decisions on personnel have been taken lightly or without careful strategic thinking.
    I'm 100% sure we have gone through a process in a very compassionate manner. I think we rate Gia as a coach which is why we brought him back into the reduced senior structure
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •