Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coaches locked in for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Couldn’t be less worried about getting people in from outside. I would say the group we have is more than innovative enough and Bevo is clearly working to a plan. I like that we don’t just follow the leader and stick to our plans.

In my experience coaches from outside are not always a good thing especially when you have a unique style which we do. Happy to take someone new in but I’m not losing sleep over it.
    The problem is that over the last 3 years I don't believe we have got the best out of the playing group so we are backing the same coaches that haven't been as successful as we would have all hoped for

The stability we have displayed has typically been a trademark of teams performing at a higher level.

If we can improve a bit on our 2019 season then it's obviously worked out well for us, if we slip back then there will be a need to review this approach.

I remain positive about the changes we have made but in 12 months we will have a better idea if it's actually worked
    We need to see steady improvement across many of the players in 2020
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

2. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Thatís what Rocket told Leon Cameron. Was good advice.
    It's what Clarkson espouses too. Obviously Bevo has different view to his former Mentor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The problem is that over the last 3 years I don't believe we have got the best out of the playing group so we are backing the same coaches that haven't been as successful as we would have all hoped for

The stability we have displayed has typically been a trademark of teams performing at a higher level.

If we can improve a bit on our 2019 season then it's obviously worked out well for us, if we slip back then there will be a need to review this approach.

I remain positive about the changes we have made but in 12 months we will have a better idea if it's actually worked
    We need to see steady improvement across many of the players in 2020
    On ability and experience 7th is a good result. I want more but I don’t think we can mount a case for under achieving.

I’m not against new blood I just don’t think there is much evidence to support the amount of angst it causes our supporters. Opposition coaches throughout the finals made mention of our unique style of play so I don’t think we are bereft of ideas.

5. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    On ability and experience 7th is a good result. I want more but I don’t think we can mount a case for under achieving.

I’m not against new blood I just don’t think there is much evidence to support the amount of angst it causes our supporters. Opposition coaches throughout the finals made mention of our unique style of play so I don’t think we are bereft of ideas.
    On ability we should have finished around 9th to 7th so that really isn't the issue. We also had a very good draw
    Where I don't think we are performing that well is the development of some of the players. Lynch for example had some promising performances in 2018 but couldn't crack it for a game in 2019. Lewis Young laboured throughout the year in a variety of roles before getting a couple of games later in the season.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

Player development is probably one of, if not the most important factor in a clubs on field success. I find it odd that the player development coaches are often fresh out of the game and only learning the coaching caper themselves. Wouldn’t a more experienced coach be better at this role?
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

Bob Murphy