Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13

View Poll Results: Which recruitment officer will win this years trade period?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrian Dodoro-Essendon

5 21.74%
  • Graeme Wright-Hawthorn

1 4.35%
  • Steven Silvagni-Carlton

1 4.35%
  • Fred Liberatore-St Kilda

0 0%
  • Sam Power-Bulldogs

15 65.22%
  • Justin Reid-Adelaide

0 0%
  • Dom Ambrogio-Brisbane

0 0%
  • Kinnear Beatson-Sydney

0 0%
  • Stephen Wells-Geelong

1 4.35%
  • Derek Hyne-Collingwood

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Annual Actual Winner of the Trade Period - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No shitting you, this is one of the big winners from the trade period from Fox:

Adrian Dodoro, Essendon list manager

From the moment Joe Daniher asserted his desire to move to the Sydney Swans, Dodoro was emphatic the key forward would remain at Tullamarine. It seemed to be classic Dodoro posturing. Only last year the Dylan Shiel trade was orchestrated at the death. This time, however, Dodoro didn’t just have his polka face on. He meant business. Daniher will see out his contract and have the opportunity to “fall back in love” with Essendon — a Dodoro sentiment from the start. Add in Orazio Fantasia staying put and Dodoro has every right to pump his chest out.

He literally did nothing and he’s a winner, mentioned before Sam Power who did a lot.....
    Also funny to see the rating of Essendon vs Sydney.

Sydney retained Papley and get ranked the 3rd worst. Essendon retain Daniher and get 4th best.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing, not to see a high ranking for defacto Geelong recruiting manager Patrick Dangerfield.

He took a lot of credit for bringing in Josh Jenkins after apparently (according to Patrick) being a principal instigator of Luke Dahlhaus last year.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Also funny to see the rating of Essendon vs Sydney.

Sydney retained Papley and get ranked the 3rd worst. Essendon retain Daniher and get 4th best.
    Fox and the Hun are unsurprisingly sycophantic towards Essendon FC. The link is Mark Robinson. The bloke’s more supporter than journalist when it comes to them.

The timing of the (show bag) story about Essendon’s supplements scandal was suspiciously timed by the Hun to drop right on trade deadline day. A day in which Essendon FC was in dire need of a pick-me-up. I know the article was written by Michael Warner, but Robinson is the paper’s senior football writer and, as such, oversees the content and timing of all AFL stories.

He’s just a lightweight fanboy. The meaningless Essendon trade grading is a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Fox and the Hun are unsurprisingly sycophantic towards Essendon FC. The link is Mark Robinson. The bloke’s more supporter than journalist when it comes to them.

The timing of the (show bag) story about Essendon’s supplements scandal was suspiciously timed by the Hun to drop right on trade deadline day. A day in which Essendon FC was in dire need of a pick-me-up. I know the article was written by Michael Warner, but Robinson is the paper’s senior football writer and, as such, oversees the content and timing of all AFL stories.

He’s just a lightweight fanboy. The meaningless Essendon trade grading is a joke.
    It's nauseating. Two of your leadership group wanting out, and a mad dash to keep them (tenuous retention at best) via a captain begging and some hard bargaining and you've somehow done well.
    Cutler and Phillips in - thats a D+ when they need inside mids.

Post Thanks / Like

I also can't fathom the pats on the back the Bombres are enjoying.

It's not as if coercing players not to flee a toxic workplace is a strange new experience for them.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I also can't fathom the pats on the back the Bombres are enjoying.
    They didn't become mediocre for 16 years by accident. It is all the head-scratching accolades they continue to get every year from the meedya sycophants that have them thinking they are always "on the cusp" of a flag. Bless them.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's nauseating. Two of your leadership group wanting out, and a mad dash to keep them (tenuous retention at best) via a captain begging and some hard bargaining and you've somehow done well.
    Cutler and Phillips in - thats a D+ when they need inside mids.
    Dodoro MUST be a fertile source of inside stories for Robinson & co. They come out of the trade period with two also-ran ins, their two best forwards clearly running down their contracts and no first round pick in the draft. They’ve had an absolute nightmare!

Yet that’s a B+ mark in the Hun...???!!! For some reason Dodoro’s a protected species....

As someone who can’t stand Essendon, long may that continue!

Post Thanks / Like

Dodoro MUST be a fertile source of inside stories for Robinson & co. They come out of the trade period with two also-ran ins, their two best forwards clearly running down their contracts and no first round pick in the draft. They’ve had an absolute nightmare!

Yet that’s a B+ mark in the Hun...???!!! For some reason Dodoro’s a protected species....

As someone who can’t stand Essendon, long may that continue!
    The weird thing was there is a genuine potential no 1 ruck who changed clubs, Pittonet, who went to Carlton to replace Phillips.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Warner hates the afl , and doesn’t miss a chance for a pot at them . I’m not their greatest fan, but Warner takes it to another level
    Of course Dodoro won trade week, why is this even a question ?

10. Likes Sedat liked this post